Dyson Hairdryer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

High street stores if you bring clothing back after trying on will put back on the rails, this is well known. Not makeup/skin care or electrical goods! QVC will not be willing to loose money on this product, no idea what % of the sale they get but it must be good.

Yes I agree, the store tends to examine the goods and put them back on the rail if they're perfect because they won't accept them as a return otherwise, QVC on the other hand, their warehouse staff just lob returns back on the shelves including beauty products because I've had used beauty products sent out to me as new in the past, I've also had a Ninja with cake stuck on the blades, Yankee Candle with wax in a holder, a Kipling bag with someone's invoice in it, that's just a couple of examples. I've also had a Balance and Brighten with a used brush, the customer service woman basically called me a liar, she said they don't send beauty products out, turns out she's the liar because they actually do. It was then after being a customer for twenty years, I closed my account and never looked back.

Ah yes gabby Abi, I couldn't watch her for six seconds let alone six minutes or even worse, sixty, not even if she told you next weeks winning lottery numbers at the end of it. :mysmilie_13:

OMG, cannot watch her either! This is one annoying Presenter and very surprised she is still with QVC or maybe NOT, lol???? :mysmilie_1:

OMG, cannot watch her either! This is one annoying Presenter and very surprised she is still with QVC or maybe NOT, lol???? :mysmilie_1:

Oh she's one pain in the arse, what about that exaggerated swallow as if it's all so exciting she has to catch her breath, the woman's insufferable. :mysmilie_13:

I wouldn't buy it, my hair doesn't take long to dry plus I tend to blow them up every 12/18 months so stick to my cheap ones.

I use my hairdryer to get creases out of my clothes sometimes😀

I've only dipped in and out of Q today, and sods law, each time its either been this sodding hairdryer or Doll10 cosmetics. The repetitiveness of shows and products is becoming stupid.

Oh she's one pain in the arse, what about that exaggerated swallow as if it's all so exciting she has to catch her breath, the woman's insufferable. :mysmilie_13:

Always shouting & aggressive too! I always turn over when she's on, even if I like the product! Soooo annoying :mysmilie_1:

Ah yes gabby Abi, I couldn't watch her for six seconds let alone six minutes or even worse, sixty, not even if she told you next weeks winning lottery numbers at the end of it. :mysmilie_13:

You are not kidding, as soon as I hear the name I reach for the off button, the same goes for Abby aftersun, I find them both unwatchable....

Flicked channels earlier and Vince Cable waffling bollox on Sky News was less irritating than the merry-go-round of TSV overall, Dyson Hair dryer with Abi or Laura Geller BPotM where they're still saying it's more than twice the normal size!

:taphead: I should make this my avatar - it applies to most of my posts these days!

This is interesting, poster on QVC Facebook page.

A week or so ago, a poster mentioned the reviews regarding the Dyson Dryer. There's now 1384 reviews and as that person mentioned most say, "Written by a customer while visiting the Dyson site." I think that 'importing' reviews onto the QVC website is misleading. Do QVC do this with other items?
I would appreciate a reply from Customer Services as to why this was done.
• Now, an Dyson ad box/link has been included in my post.

So are all the wonderful reviews on the QVC site for this actually from Dyson's own site?

This is interesting, poster on QVC Facebook page.

A week or so ago, a poster mentioned the reviews regarding the Dyson Dryer. There's now 1384 reviews and as that person mentioned most say, "Written by a customer while visiting the Dyson site." I think that 'importing' reviews onto the QVC website is misleading. Do QVC do this with other items?
I would appreciate a reply from Customer Services as to why this was done.

• Now, an Dyson ad box/link has been included in my post.

So are all the wonderful reviews on the QVC site for this actually from Dyson's own site?

dodgy or what

What are the odds that Q would import negative reviews along with the glowing? Hmmm!

If you sort the QVC reviews by low to high rating you can see they have imported 1 star reviews from the Dyson site. The proportion of reviews giving each rating is actually pretty much the same on both websites.

I saw this presentation with this hairdryer and couldn't see anything spectacular going on with the hair!
Mind you, shouty Abi was distracting me too! Think I will stick to my £19.99 Vidal Sassoon thanks very much! Does the job! :cheeky::mysmilie_378::

I bought an Ego travel duo from Boots about 18months ago - it's okay but only for occasional use. My best buy was an Ionic dryer from Lidl for about £12.99, it has a fully retractable flex which I like. Lidl have a similar dryer coming up (week after next I think) for around £15 (3 yr warranty on all lidl electricals) and no p&p (obviously).

That is well worth knowing for me, as I've got long hair that needs washing every day so I get through a lot of hairdryers!! Having initially thought that I couldn't bring myself to spend that on a hairdryer, I am now wavering.. Saw it in John Lewis the other day, so got to have a proper look / handle it, but it wasn't plugged in, so couldn't see it in action. I am very interested in the psychology of spending, and I actually think that charging what most would agree is an outrageous sum for a hairdryer has actually worked in their favour, as it made their target market sit up and take notice and wonder just how amazing it could be.

That is well worth knowing for me, as I've got long hair that needs washing every day so I get through a lot of hairdryers!! Having initially thought that I couldn't bring myself to spend that on a hairdryer, I am now wavering.. Saw it in John Lewis the other day, so got to have a proper look / handle it, but it wasn't plugged in, so couldn't see it in action. I am very interested in the psychology of spending, and I actually think that charging what most would agree is an outrageous sum for a hairdryer has actually worked in their favour, as it made their target market sit up and take notice and wonder just how amazing it could be.
Their vacuum cleaners are "normal" prices, within similar bands for other similar products.

Years ago they launched a very expensive washing machine. It was about £1000 & £1000 was a lot more then - iykwim!

It died a death, it was too expensive. Their fans & hairdryers may go the same way.

There's no way I'd spend that kind of money on a hair dryer. It costs double the amount of my winter quarter bill for gas and electricity. I have shoulder length hair and my £5 hair dryer from Tesco or my Ego hair dryer both do a sterling job at a fraction of the cost.

Another sale on well known makes in Hairdryers on the High Street! Average price was £9.99 to £14.99 (latest technology)!
Say no More! :mysmilie_5:

Latest posts

Back