Dyson Hairdryer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got my dyson yesterday and these are my inferences after using it today .....
It was light weight ,the hair dried super quick ,smooth and straight ,I have long fine hair but lots of it .Usually I have to sit in front of a heater to half dry it and usually I feel sticky and hot especially in summer .But dyson I used almost immediately after a bath and took me ten min ,and I hardly sweated .My test was at the back of top of my head ,which is bumpy with waves and which I need a straightener but this snoothened it . All in all have fallen in love with it and if it makes my life easier it's worth the mega bucks .I usually use a dryer ,straightener and also a babyliss ionic hot air to give it bounce .The jury is still out for few more days .But I doubt my experience would be negative ,fingers crossed .

Wouldn't be without

Like a previous reply I bought mine from Boots and got my Advantage points andI've had mine since October last year following carpal tunnel surgery. I have very fine shoulder length hair and found it difficult to hold my hairdryer for any length of time without my hand hurting or arm aching.

Honestly, at first I thought, its going back, couldn't get my hair straight, then decided rather than get my hair off with it, to take a bit more time and dry down the hair shaft with the nozzle almost lying flat horizontal with my hair, if you get what I mean, the widest edge in line with your hair and it worked a treat, straight, glossy hair.

It is lightweight, balanced, quiet, the barrel doesn't get hot meaning you can hold the very top of the handle and operate the button with your thumb, its so easy. Can't recommend this dryer enough and so far my hairdresser and friends have bought one and they all rave about it :mysmilie_59:

If anyone would love to buy one but the 'easy pays' are not easy you can buy from Dyson direct for the same price with interest free payments up to two years and free postage. Thinking of sending back my £100 a month one to them and buying a £25 a month for a year from Dyson as I have had a chance to try it and its brilliant on my shoulder length curly hair.

[SUB][/SUB]Boots has triple advantage points today on electrical if anyone interested to buy dyson hairdryer

It should probably be called the "Dyson Deafener" if it is anything like his hand dryers. I actually would ban hand dryers that make any sound above 60db.

SH? So will I!

I've been trying to work out who SH is, but still haven't figured it out. I always thought it was JR who had her begging bowl out, when it came to freebies. Please, put me out of my misery, and tell me who SH is? I will be eternally grateful!

I've been trying to work out who SH is, but still haven't figured it out. I always thought it was JR who had her begging bowl out, when it came to freebies. Please, put me out of my misery, and tell me who SH is? I will be eternally grateful!

A certain beauty blogger

Firstly she is Queen Groupie and follows Presenters on Fakebook!
Secondly, maybe a little cynical but my High Street has super sales on just now and have Hairdryers with New Technology for under £20! Dyson is very expensive! :mysmilie_1:

As I wrote on the Social Media thread, complaints about the packaging. Cardboard box with a large strip showing the photo of the dryer, barcode number and item number etc out there for all to see. Since Hermes delivering if you are not in will be left on your doorstep for anyone to walk off with.

I would have thought a QVC plastic bag at the very least for what you pay.

As I wrote on the Social Media thread, complaints about the packaging. Cardboard box with a large strip showing the photo of the dryer, barcode number and item number etc out there for all to see. Since Hermes delivering if you are not in will be left on your doorstep for anyone to walk off with.

I would have thought a QVC plastic bag at the very least for what you pay.

They're offering it with free P&P though aren't they, so would imagine they're loathe to spend anything more than they have to on how it arrives with the customer, tightwads!!!!

I see there are some positive comments on here about this dryer, to which I give more credit than those on Q FB. I am pleased it has proved to be a good purchase. I feel guilty for being a bit sniffy about it upthread. Although I cannot imagine ever buying one (and I have two spares I would need to use first!), on reflection it is not really any more extravagant than me buying my AMO9 Dyson fan.

I was in a John Lewis store one day last week with my daughter when we happened to walk past the Dyson Hairdyer stand so we stopped to have a thorough look at it. Well, a very dishy young guy appeared from nowhere to talk us through the weight, functions, workings, etc. and immediately offered to work on my hair. Now, we had been walking around all afternoon in damp drizzly conditions so my hair was ready for some TLC and the results were amazing in a matter of minutes. As he was working through my hair he even said "you use Elnet don't you?" and he was absolutely right. Apparently, the dryer pulls out smells which is why he could detect it straight away. He also said that if he had been working on my hair from wet then he would have handled it differently by just using his fingers so it would be interesting to see the result from that but, unfortunately, we didn't have the time as we were heading to a show. It seems my daughter's hair would have been ideal to test out the Diffuser but, again, we just didn't have enough time to spare. If HE had been included in the purchase of a dryer then I would have bought one there and then (plus a second for my daughter) but it's definitely on my "I Want One" list!!

I did forget to add (as I was about to dash out when I did my previous post) that my hair is shoulder length, layered and highlighted and my daughter's is past the shoulder which tends to lose the straight look and go frizzy in damp conditions. The dishy guy used a round bristle brush to just freshen up my style and although my highlights were only a couple of weeks old the shine came to life and was amazing. He then put a small amount of wax through it....no light amount of hairspray whatsoever. Decided to test how long the lift and style would last out of curiosity and it was incredible. He did it late Tuesday and it held until the Friday when I had to give in to wash it but I'm sure I could have got another few days with the style remaining. I appreciate the guy was a professional stylist so the test will come when I actually try it out for myself. I am not great at blow-drying but both our daughter and I will be very interested to see how the Diffuser works on her. I think she is secretly waiting for me to make the first move so she can test mine!! :wink:

Sorry, I'm in such a hurry to get my thoughts and impressions down........my own hair is CHIN length! Can you tell I am very excited about it, just a pity about the cost.

I can't bring myself to spend that much on a hairdryer as my hair is short & I think this is for medium to long hair.I must admit I would rather have a demo in John Lewis than having to listen to Gabbi Abbi on QVC, truly awful.

The awful Abbie is on with the MeCharlie and his eyes must be on stalks as her chesticles are leaving him nowhere else to look.

I have been watching this just now and am quite taken with it. If I had really thick or really long hair, I know I would cave! I would get a,pink one.

However why have we had Abi doing this item, Mrs Tech. TBH she told us nothing difficult requiring a tech expert and she seemed to know practically nothing about hair styling and had to throw to a hair stylist.

The Dyson hairdryer could be the perfect hairdryer for me as I have thick wavy coloured hair, but I just cannot sit through any more than 30 seconds of Abbie to see what it can do.

Another sale lost to QVC because of an irritating presenter.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back