Dyson Hairdryer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If they get quite a few returns then anybody hankering for it but not prepared to pay mega bucks could possibly pick one up in their outlet shops in a few months time. Unlike clothes or toiletries people would be hard put to do anything other than dry hair with it so any finding their way into the outlet shops should be in good condition.

I treated myself to one from Boots when it was Advantage point day. I also bought some perfume as a present so ended up with £80 on my Advantage card which made it a good buy. I have arthritis in my hands and find this much lighter and easier to use than my normal dryer.

I treated myself to a Dyson a few weeks ago when they had a gift box available for Mother's Day. If you order from Dyson directly, if you don't like it you can return it (as long as you do so within 14 days of purchase) which is handy. A bit of hair background - my hair is very thick and long. It's not unusual to have two hairdressers blow-dry it to speed things up! Normally at home I wash my hair and then leave it wrapped up in a towel for a couple of hours before drying it and it takes around 30 mins (but is still a bit damp but I get too hot to dry it anymore!). If I were to dry it from wet, it takes around an hour to get it fully dry. With the Dyson, on full power I can now dry it from wet in 10 minutes! The convenience of this plus the speed make it well worth the money for me as I don't now have to plan ahead for washing it.

Although it is powerful, it is a lot quieter than my previous hairdryers and it doesn't have that horrible blasting dry heat which burns my scalp and makes me feel over-heated. Even without the attachments on the nozzle, I don't find it blowing my hair all over the place (although it is very strong) and it is very light weight to hold which I really appreciate. My hair does look very shiny afterwards but that could be due to my use of conditioner. It certainly doesn't make my hair look dry or frizzy anyway.

If someone had thin or short hair, I don't think they would see much benefit in spending the money. For anyone with long and/or thick hair though, it is well worth giving it a try. I am really glad I've got mine, it was a considered purchase but I wouldn't want to go back to using my old hairdryer now (and I won't be dreading drying it in the summer :mysmilie_59:).

I treated myself to a Dyson a few weeks ago when they had a gift box available for Mother's Day. If you order from Dyson directly, if you don't like it you can return it (as long as you do so within 14 days of purchase) which is handy. A bit of hair background - my hair is very thick and long. It's not unusual to have two hairdressers blow-dry it to speed things up! Normally at home I wash my hair and then leave it wrapped up in a towel for a couple of hours before drying it and it takes around 30 mins (but is still a bit damp but I get too hot to dry it anymore!). If I were to dry it from wet, it takes around an hour to get it fully dry. With the Dyson, on full power I can now dry it from wet in 10 minutes! The convenience of this plus the speed make it well worth the money for me as I don't now have to plan ahead for washing it.

Although it is powerful, it is a lot quieter than my previous hairdryers and it doesn't have that horrible blasting dry heat which burns my scalp and makes me feel over-heated. Even without the attachments on the nozzle, I don't find it blowing my hair all over the place (although it is very strong) and it is very light weight to hold which I really appreciate. My hair does look very shiny afterwards but that could be due to my use of conditioner. It certainly doesn't make my hair look dry or frizzy anyway.

If someone had thin or short hair, I don't think they would see much benefit in spending the money. For anyone with long and/or thick hair though, it is well worth giving it a try. I am really glad I've got mine, it was a considered purchase but I wouldn't want to go back to using my old hairdryer now (and I won't be dreading drying it in the summer :mysmilie_59:).

It sounds just what you needed Pollybelle. Was quite jealous when you first said about your lovely full, long hair till you said how long it takes to dry! :whew: It seems it is worth the money in your case. I have shoulder length fine hair, and I use my Babyliss Big Hair, which is really good for me. It has speeded up how long it takes to dry my locks, and it does look better using that rather than the hairdryer I used to use as my hair is also quite frizzy, and I could never get that 'just come out of the hairdressers look with just a brush and dryer'. Not that I do with the Babyliss either, but it looks much better. Enjoy your new purchase.

PB, it sounds as if the Dyson was made for your situation and a bargain if it saves you that amount of time and hassle. However I think the groupies on FB are only interested in being able to be the first to post a picture (possibly drying a Charlie Bear or blowing out a YC!)

PB, it sounds as if the Dyson was made for your situation and a bargain if it saves you that amount of time and hassle. However I think the groupies on FB are only interested in being able to be the first to post a picture (possibly drying a Charlie Bear or blowing out a YC!)

:mysmilie_14::mysmilie_14::mysmilie_14:

I actually snorted laughing at the Charlie Bear/YC comment! Shall we run a book? Place your bets now...

I have taken the plunge and ordered one, I've wanted to properly try one since they launched, so free P&P and easy pay swung it for me. If it does nothing for me super long, but thin hair then it'll winging it's way back to Liverpool before the 2nd EP is due.

I've gone for it too. I have a very layered choppy bob. My hair is baby, baby fine but I have a lot of it. It's also naturally wavy right to the root. Left to its own devices it's a bit like an 80s perm that's growing out. It's also fluffy unless it's blow dried so I'm hoping this will stop the frizz and fluffiness and if I do the blow dry it forwards then back it should sit well into the layers. I can then do a bit to get some root lift and use a product to get some texture. Job done!!

And quite frankly I can afford it so why not. But like others have said I shall be taking advantage of the MBG if it doesn't prove to be anything short of ****** amazing.

I am going to issue a warning.

Okay, if you return do watch your bank accounts. Quite a number of people on the QVC Facebook(how many who don't do Facebook this is happening to???), complaining they returned items but the second easy taken out.

So the demo at 2pm was actually the beauty channel, caught it which channel hopping.

Woman waffled on about how it doesn't heat up and make your hair smell like its burning. Never had a hairdryer I owned do that anyway.

My Ego Pro I can set the temp and speed and it stays like that when I turn on again.

I also saw the demo and thought it was very poor. I expected to see a good hairdresser present it but instead we got Abby Horne. There was a hairdresser present but she didn't explain properly how it worked.

I also saw the demo and thought it was very poor. I expected to see a good hairdresser present it but instead we got Abby Horne. There was a hairdresser present but she didn't explain properly how it worked.

I too saw her presenting it and just thought 'What the heck are they doing having her on demonstrating?' She is a pain in the backside.

I've gone for it too. I have a very layered choppy bob. My hair is baby, baby fine but I have a lot of it. It's also naturally wavy right to the root. Left to its own devices it's a bit like an 80s perm that's growing out. It's also fluffy unless it's blow dried so I'm hoping this will stop the frizz and fluffiness and if I do the blow dry it forwards then back it should sit well into the layers. I can then do a bit to get some root lift and use a product to get some texture. Job done!!

And quite frankly I can afford it so why not. But like others have said I shall be taking advantage of the MBG if it doesn't prove to be anything short of ****** amazing.

Make sure you use it several times as the first time I used my friend's I was a bit meh. My hair doesn't like ionic but it's rare to find them without these days - BUT I've used it every time I've gone over now and have decided I love it. Not only because it's light and easy to use (I've been having to use a mini Ego travel lately as my arm just isn't up to using a normal dryer any more), but it DOES dry quicker. The nozzles are amazing.

It does have the power to blow a line of washing dry (I don't know many who would use it like that), but when you use the nozzles (particularly the smallest one), the power becomes directional and easy to handle. I've also used the diffuser and it actually gives me proper curls that I'd leave the house with (I have frizzy, fluffy Crystal Tips hair)!

The heat is weird. It'll burn my hand if I put it close and hold it there, but it doesn't seen to burn my hair. My not-very-old Babyliss (now too heavy for me anyway) was burning my hair to a crisp, even though I was using the same technique as I have with the Dyson. (And don't get me started on GHDs compared with my Steampod - talk about fried!)

I love it and am pretty sure it would last longer than my little Ego - the nozzle has cracked and no longer stays on and it smells a bit burn-y after just over 7 months. Both my niece and friend got theirs from Boots on triple points promo AND with a 10% off code they'd found online. As soon as this promo crops up again, I'll be buying one, too.

Hope it gives you the results you want.

PS I've started using Leonor Greyl's pre-wash oil and combined with the Dyson and my Steampod (though it's lovely with the Ego), my hair is gloriously soft and shiny. For the first time ever, I have hair that I actually love touching. I'd tried other pre-washes like Ojon and Elasticizer but this oil is the dog's b's. It's on waitlist at the mo, but is a seriously excellent treatment if you keep your eye open for when it's back. Oh, and it won't weigh your hair down either. Don't know how it works, but my hair LOVES it.

I'm just staggered that a hairdryer can cost £300 - I don't think I've ever paid more than £30!

Latest posts

Back