QVC Dumbing Down even further..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Akimbo

Fluffy
When I started watching QVC 20 odd years ago, we had new items called "premieres" these morphed into "new today" presumably because the kid writing the on-screen blurb didn't know what premiere meant or how to spell it having opted to take GCSE Metal Work and dropping modern languages. It also meant they could use it more than once for that day rather than just the first airing. The presenter struggle with the plural- it's a clumsy News Today or New Todays! Then they introduced "New This Week" as well.

The "Introductory Price" started originally for 12 airings before the item reverted to the full QVC price, although I don't think Q ever stuck to this rule. This was too rigid, some items stayed at the intro-price for years, so now this has been reinvented as a "Feature Price" whatever that means. Very clever - it sounds like an "Event Price" right? There are currently 1,394 "feature prices" currently on the website which doesn't make them all that special. It's just intro prices renamed but no doubt the limited number of airing goal posts have been abandoned completely.

They seem to have dropped "Hot Picks" along the way too.

Oh dear I really need to get a life!

:blush:

correct feature price is the new name for introductory price though the bigger the feature price drop the more likely is that it is a proper feature price also hot picks are still there under "top finds"

There's also "special price " whatever is special about it I don't know.

that one can acutally mean a multitude of ones eg Event Price, Feature price, TSV Price or even a One Time Only Price & they usually put that as a just in case sineario (SP) then they change the name to the one that they are going to use at a later date

for example the kitchenaid TSV on tuesday is live as a "Special Price" but on the day that will change

correct feature price is the new name for introductory price though the bigger the feature price drop the more likely is that it is a proper feature price also hot picks are still there under "top finds"

that one can acutally mean a multitude of ones eg Event Price, Feature price, TSV Price or even a One Time Only Price & they usually put that as a just in case sineario (SP) then they change the name to the one that they are going to use at a later date

for example the kitchenaid TSV on tuesday is live as a "Special Price" but on the day that will change

Sounds like a muddle to me.

Do we still have Summer /Winter Surprises ?

Can I vote for an hour dedicated to a brand, without: fatuous chitter-chatter about holidays; weddings; side businesses; grandchildren; children; wedding anniversaries (Katy Pullinger); reading out tweets about the size of people's collections...with properly prepared shows with additional information provided immediately; products demonstrated adequately; with social media restricted to relevant questions which are answered. That would be a marvellous surprise, wouldn't it?

No matter the season, it's the surprise I would always want.

If they cared to back that up with single basket, capped postage and less hard sell, less shrieky-shouty behaviour from presenters and guests alike. Cue me happy!

Can I vote for an hour dedicated to a brand, without: fatuous chitter-chatter about holidays; weddings; side businesses; grandchildren; children; wedding anniversaries (Katy Pullinger); reading out tweets about the size of people's collections...with properly prepared shows with additional information provided immediately; products demonstrated adequately; with social media restricted to relevant questions which are answered. That would be a marvellous surprise, wouldn't it?

No matter the season, it's the surprise I would always want.

If they cared to back that up with single basket, capped postage and less hard sell, less shrieky-shouty behaviour from presenters and guests alike. Cue me happy!

I said Surprises. NOT Miracles !

Don't get these Posts about peoples collections either!

When I see the Yankee Candle walls and the zillion Kipling Bags I just think you have wasted a lot of money and must have something lacking in your life! Just stating the obvious :mysmilie_13::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_50:

I have a large perfume collection, so will say this.

Its a form of OCD to be honest. I was told this by a professional psychologist once.

I agree, I am incapable of having just a couple of bottles on the go, I have to have as many as I can cram into my cupboard as I pick my scent dependent on how I feel, the time of year, the weather and what I'm wearing.

I also hoard beauty products and toiletries and it's a compulsion to keep buying more, although I'm better than I used to be, having just totted up how much I've spent/will spend on Q this month on said products, it's a problem I need to address!

I agree, I am incapable of having just a couple of bottles on the go, I have to have as many as I can cram into my cupboard as I pick my scent dependent on how I feel, the time of year, the weather and what I'm wearing.

I also hoard beauty products and toiletries and it's a compulsion to keep buying more, although I'm better than I used to be, having just totted up how much I've spent/will spend on Q this month on said products, it's a problem I need to address!

I used to buy a lot of stuff but never too much! I do give some away as presents so always found good use for it!
Thankfully, I don't feel the need or compulsion to buy what I don't need nowadays and it's very liberating!
Maybe I've just grown up a little or maybe NOT!!!!????? :mysmilie_14::mysmilie_14::mysmilie_14:

I used to buy a lot of stuff but never too much! I do give some away as presents so always found good use for it!
Thankfully, I don't feel the need or compulsion to buy what I don't need nowadays and it's very liberating!
Maybe I've just grown up a little or maybe NOT!!!!????? :mysmilie_14::mysmilie_14::mysmilie_14:

Glittergirl, I hope I can grow up a bit too and fast, can't wait to feel liberated from that compulsion! As you say though, my friends and family happily benefit from my beauty hoarding, although they'll get a bit of a shock when that gravy train finally slows down ;)

The big difference is that we don't post pictures on arsebook of our hoards or buy stuff because it has someone you know (fleetingly) name on it or line them up to wave or take them on holiday (excluding cosmetics you would normally take rather than just to give them a holiday).

Latest posts

Back