A few general observations & rants ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cheeky chappie

Registered Shopper
My IW viewing levels are practically non existent these days, however if mainstream telly's got nowt on to my taste I'm still prone to the occasional hop onto shopping telly. Some observations and rants:

1. Couple of weeks back Peter was selling a 3D printer for something like £480. I kid you not, at one point he said 'this could easily have another zero on the end of it!' REALLY?!? IW was selling an item that could retail for £4,800 at £480 ... my they are generous aren't they.

2. Isn't it amazing how many 'busiest point of the show' moments they have.

3. WHO THE F*** CARES WHAT PRICE THE ITEM IS GOING BACK UP TO AT THE END OF THE HOUR?!? Like many retailers these days the 'usual price' is anything but and only a MUPPET would buy at that price, especially when the item will no doubt be making another appearance in 2-3 days.

4. Last night they were selling the, and I quote, 'first watch in space.' I simply HAD to watch (pardon the pun) what was going to be a very expensive sale of one item i.e. the very first watch in space. How did they get their hands on it? How much would it sell for? £50k? £100k? A million? With flexi-pay it might just be affordable. Oh no ... wait ... they're not actually selling thee first watch in space ... they're selling a larger limited edition run based on an original limited edition run. But don't worry, it'll still only go up in value.

5. Watched a bit of a keep fit show a week or so back. Mike Mason was the presenter. I mean this jokes aside i.e. I am being serious, you can tell he doesn't place as much importance on the female co-guests they have on. There was a female using the exercise kit and Peter Simon came on to preview the next hour. I kid you not, with the female co-guest having little choice but to laugh along, Mike and Peter proceeded to make a joke about melons ...

6. Good to see presenters such as Genevieve are as quietly spoken as always.

My viewing levels are on a downward trajectory and, based on what I see on IW these days I don't see that changing.

Genevieve was on last night with the Spear and Jackson spray and leave and shouted from beginning to end of the presentation.

The 3D printer claim is basically referring to the expensive ones that are naturally more capable; it's like trying sell a £14,000 Ford Fiesta by saying that this car could easily sell for £140,000 simply because both have four wheels, five doors and can be driven to the shops and back (which is complete rubbish of course).

As for "the busiest point of the show", I was mystified about this until I remembered someone saying that a fair number of shopping channel viewers are channel-hopping during a commercial break on another channel, so the next time someone says something like "We're at the busiest point of the show", odds-on that ITV have just cut to a commercial break during or after showing something popular like Coronation Street.

I do know that QVC (and presumably their rivals) have televisions in their control gallery showing rival shopping channels, so Ideal World (and QVC, etc.) must also keep a watchful eye on ITV (and perhaps some other channels) as well.

Oh my Gawd, I caught that too, and I had to switch over....I thought she had taken something, she was so awful, screeching and utterly hyper. I even checked the TV remote, in case I'd accidentally switched the sound up high, but no, it was Our Gen nearly wetting herself so off it went..:mysmilie_13:

Genevieve was on last night with the Spear and Jackson spray and leave and shouted from beginning to end of the presentation.

Oh my Gawd, I caught that too, and I had to switch over....I thought she had taken something, she was so awful, screeching and utterly hyper. I even checked the TV remote, in case I'd accidentally switched the sound up high, but no, it was Our Gen nearly wetting herself so off it went..:mysmilie_13:

I saw that. Gen doesn't need to use cleaners; she can just screech at dirty items and the filth would evaporate.

Latest posts

Back