Tarte Cosmetics TSV 23/04/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Looking forward to next Tarte visit.
I will have just returned from holiday and it's my birthday the day before, so I may just have to treat myself !
There is 30% off Tarte website for a few days - code FESTIVAL , if anybody's interested - I'm thinking of getting the new Make Believe in Yourself palette- looks gorgeous

Never tried this Brand!
Does it really live up to it's name?
Anyone got any honest views on it?

I like Tarte but....the eyeshadow palettes tend to have the same shade families. So brown/taupes and purple/mauves, bright pink/coral blush. Their blushes are suppose to be amazing but again we in the UK get the same shades. Foundations not bad but tend to be in the yellow family, though last time the Sea Foundation did have the neutral shades.

In the US they do loads more shades even single eyeshadows which get great reviews. You can order direct from the US site but, will get hit with customs duty for orders over £15 that includes postage as well.

Here is the Maneater palette. Again with the nudes/browns and purple/plum shades.

http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-maneater-eyeshadow-palette

Will have a look, thanks! Tarte and Doll 10 have never appealed to me!

Keep seeing great reviews and maybe will give it a go!

Just wanted to warn buyers browsing the Tarte listings on ebay that there are huge numbers of fake graveyard girl, pro and tease palettes listings coming from China but cleverly some still show when you limit your search to UK only. Read reviews and if it looks too good to be true, then it probably is! Not just that, your eyesight isn't worth the risk.

Akimbo, I was having a nose on Ebay for Kat Von D(we just got a counter in my local Debenhams), thought I'll see what the deals are like. So loads of the the palettes which retail at £37 for £8.99 and free shipping, I always click UK only these came up and even said shipped from UK. Yet further down the page with description all Chinese writing.

There is an investigation going on at the moment concerning some brands, Estee Lauder owned, L'Oreal owned etc, who sell in China. Now China do animal test but these companies say they do not and its the Chinese doing the testing for their own market(strangely Chinese own brands are not tested). PETA are investigating saying the parent companies are breaking the no testing rules for the EU/UK. By actually getting the Chinese to do the testing for them. Its illegal to farm out ingredients or products to test now as used to happened and the company could say they did not test, but did through the side door that was banned.

Never tried this Brand!

If you like full coverage foundation then Tarte Amazonian Clay is the greatest. Goes on beautifully and lasts all day. Tarte brushes are top class. Their 12 hour blushes do not survive anywhere near that long on me. Maybe my problem with blush is I'm so scared of overdoing perhaps I don't use enough! Tarte packaging is excellent although the Showstopper palette lost its 'click' shut in no time which really annoyed me and still does every time I use it. Too many shimmery shadows in that palette but the Tartelette All Matte is absolutely fantastic. One of my favourite Tarte items is the coloured clay eye liner. Creates a really thin line which glides on without any tugging or pulling. I love no sharpening required either. When mine run out I will replace without doubt. Finally, the Lights Camera Flashes mascara was overhyped and I got rid.

Never tried this Brand!

I've had a TSV previously. I really like this range although the foundation didn't seem quite the right shade for me. I prefer Bare Minerals but each to their own. As someone else said, the brushes are amazing. The very best product for me is the Twinkle Palette (highlighters). It does it's job perfectly, you only need a tiny amount, stays on all day and it's just brilliant. Also comes with a fab brush that makes application foolproof. I also ordered the combo colour blusher which came with (another fab) brush and that's very natural looking when it's on. I'd say try the next TSV you might be pleasantly surprised. I have to confess that my daughter got me to try Tarte (the name kind of put me off :mysmilie_14:) and I'm glad I did. Does you good to try new products... (you can always send it back if you hate it but I think they're very high quality and look natural on).

Tarte TSV

Just wondered if anyone has any idea when the next Tarte TSV is? I missed out on the last one because ( if I remember correctly) it was the same weekend as a Liz Earle one, which is non negotiable I'm afraid!

Just checked Leigh from Tarte's FB page and apparently she will be posting a video soon, so will keep checking back as this may be a beauty TSV I'm interested in...

There is 30% off Tarte website for a few days - code FESTIVAL , if anybody's interested - I'm thinking of getting the new Make Believe in Yourself palette- looks gorgeous

Has anyone ordered anything from Tarte’s website while this offer has been on?

I've bought three palettes - the Swamp Queen, Don't Quit Your Day Job and the tarteist PRO Glow to Go. I wanted the Make Believe in Yourself palette too but it's sold out. Hopefully next time they have an offer like this on it will be in stock. I was also interested in the Sex Kitten & Maneater palettes but I believe QVC will be getting them, possibly both as TSV's, so I didn't get them.

Has anyone ordered anything from Tarte’s website while this offer has been on?

I've bought three palettes - the Swamp Queen, Don't Quit Your Day Job and the tarteist PRO Glow to Go. I wanted the Make Believe in Yourself palette too but it's sold out. Hopefully next time they have an offer like this on it will be in stock. I was also interested in the Sex Kitten & Maneater palettes but I believe QVC will be getting them, possibly both as TSV's, so I didn't get them.

Warwa, I've been dithering over that Swamp Queen palette for ages and 30% off/free shipping is an excellent deal even with customs factored in - how much more in customs did you have to pay to get them all, if you don't mind me asking?

Apparently the Make Believe range is coming to QVC in April...although it will probably be at crazy prices!

I wanted the make believe palette too, but it sold out before I placed my order- just hoping it comes to U.K. Soon
I have ordered from Tarte before - taxes are 20%

The way to go is make sure you tick to pay customs at check out. Because if it comes to the UK without this then Royal Mail will charge £8 on top for the pleasure of getting you to pay this end.

Sorry but I am finding Maneater boring looking, same shades as usual. The single eyeshadows seem to be the way to go now with the brand, get great reviews and many many different shades.

No interest in this TSV.

Just wondered if anyone has any idea when the next Tarte TSV is? I missed out on the last one because ( if I remember correctly) it was the same weekend as a Liz Earle one, which is non negotiable I'm afraid!

Sorry it seems like I've asked this question out of sinc but I think it's been moved to the original thread from weeks ago! Thanks for the replies anyway - does anyone know the blush colour for this TSV- I love corals but hate pinks!

Warwa, I've been dithering over that Swamp Queen palette for ages and 30% off/free shipping is an excellent deal even with customs factored in - how much more in customs did you have to pay to get them all, if you don't mind me asking?

Apparently the Make Believe range is coming to QVC in April...although it will probably be at crazy prices!

I don't mind at all - I paid £11.06 in taxes and overall my order was £66.36.
I didn't mind paying £22 a palette I thought overall that was a good price.

Thanks re the Make Believe in Yourself range. But you're right it will probably cost an arm & a leg from QVC. lol!

Latest posts

Back