Tarte Cosmetics TSV 23/04/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Unless people are keeping the Tarte TSV for the other items, I'm guessing there'll be lots of returns, I say that because just before I closed my account a few years back, I tried that foundation in "Light Sand" and there's absolutely no way that it was the colour on the guest presenters hand. The one on her hand was actually a light colour, the one I received was a lot yellower and darker, so much so I questioned was the wrong colour put in the "Light Sand" packaging, and was told no so all I can think of then, is it must be the strong studio lights changing the colour dramatically.

Unless people are keeping the Tarte TSV for the other items, I'm guessing there'll be lots of returns, I say that because just before I closed my account a few years back, I tried that foundation in "Light Sand" and there's absolutely no way that it was the colour on the guest presenters hand. The one on her hand was actually a light colour, the one I received was a lot yellower and darker, so much so I questioned was the wrong colour put in the "Light Sand" packaging, and was told no so all I can think of then, is it must be the strong studio lights changing the colour dramatically.

There are so many problems with foundation shades on QVC - aside from being limited in choice for whatever reason, you rarely get to see the models made up in the foundations live on air, so most of the time you see them with other makeup that's been applied to make the shade look right for them. Tarte had JJ in Light Sand which is ridiculous as she has more medium, pink-toned skin but I'm guessing the darker shades didn't look right on her, so this gave completely the wrong impression as to what Light Sand actually looks like on. I have light/medium, yellow-toned skin and Light Sand is the nearest shade in Tarte on Q, but without bronzer to warm it up, I look like a ghost.

What they need to do is pick models whose skin tone actually matches the foundation they are flogging and apply them to bare skin on live TV, that way you can genuinely see if it's your shade. The number of times you can see the tide mark when they've applied B&B to the models because it's the wrong shade, it's ridiculous!

There are so many problems with foundation shades on QVC - aside from being limited in choice for whatever reason, you rarely get to see the models made up in the foundations live on air, so most of the time you see them with other makeup that's been applied to make the shade look right for them. Tarte had JJ in Light Sand which is ridiculous as she has more medium, pink-toned skin but I'm guessing the darker shades didn't look right on her, so this gave completely the wrong impression as to what Light Sand actually looks like on. I have light/medium, yellow-toned skin and Light Sand is the nearest shade in Tarte on Q, but without bronzer to warm it up, I look like a ghost.

What they need to do is pick models whose skin tone actually matches the foundation they are flogging and apply them to bare skin on live TV, that way you can genuinely see if it's your shade. The number of times you can see the tide mark when they've applied B&B to the models because it's the wrong shade, it's ridiculous!

Yes I totally agree, JJ is in the medium funny enough in the video for just the foundation and the brush, so it's unfair not to give the customer the correct choice by deceiving them. Also, there's an ivory choice in just the foundation and brush choice but wasn't offered in the TSV. I wouldn't have bought it again anyway because I think the only people it offers full coverage to are the woman who have nothing to hide.

They don't stock enough colours in the ranges either. Even when the range has a decent selection Q only seem to stock about five at most, took years for them to start selling Fair in Bare Minerals.

Now I understand why Q's P&P is so rediculously high ...

My unicorn brushes arrived today (super fast delivery for once !!) but the packaging OMG.

Brushes are wrapped in Tarte tissue paper
Tissue paper is in a Tarte box
Tarte box is in a padded jiffy bag
jiffy bag is inside a Q box
Qbox is inside a Q bag ....

anyway the brushes are to die for .... so super soft with a bit of firmness , but sooooo pretty (I know i like a decent make up brush - but OMG .... these are gorgeous)

Haven't managed to get on here for a week or so, so just catching up with everything. Think I posted before that I'd resisted buying these, as I was trying to be good, but regretted it when they finally sold out on QVC. Finished up picking them up from eBay (only £4 more than the Q price, including p&p, so was happy enough with that), and I'm so glad I did, they're gorgeous and I absolutely love them!!

Latest posts

Back