The Gnome's 19th anniversary of his own show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JohnShort70

Registered Shopper
So over the weekend we enjoyed 6 hours in one day I think, (Ok endured) Of Richard Jackson's Garden. apparently he's been there 22 years but was awarded his own show 19 years ago.

I know it might come as a shocker, but Garden Product of the Month.... Is a Richard Jackson product! Plus guess what, stocks are limited in this size because the boat from China is late or some other rot, so it's unlikely they'll have that size container in for a month.. so buy now! (or not).

The presenter just commented on how many tonnes of Plant Food Flower power whatever they'd sold.. well if they sold other brands, like they do with candles, beauty stuff etc, they might be able to do proper comparisons etc.

Did I see Gnome take the piss out of Micael for being short? The guy probably had stuff in his shoes to raise him up, and still only just beat the Micael by millimetres!

Its the gingham check shirts with jeans that 'get' me. He reminds me of someone who failed the audition for Seven Brides for 7 Brothers !!! and clearly Craig has been to the school of Jacko - the way they both wave their sodding hands and arms around.

I stopped watching his shows a few years ago, despite me being a keen garden. He came out with the same speil and photos year after year.

.....In my opinion, that's 19 years too long. Having been taken in by his 'claims' in the past, as a matter of principle, I will never again buy any gardening product that he's associated with. I really can't abide the man.

He talks a lot about his so called superior products.These in fact have the same basic composition as the ones that can be purchased in well known garden centres for a fraction of the price but without his face on the tub.He does a lot of over the top 'ahhhing'and 'wowwing' about said products but the amount of advice he actually gives about gardening in general could be written on a postage stamp from gnomeland.

P.S In case you haven't guessed,I am not a fan either!!

Pete's Pants I'm suspecting you're Mr CC in disguise :mysmilie_17: Richard has actually got me into gardening, given me good advice via his website and I'm not too bad now compared to when I started out. I do agree though that there's a lot of punting of his own, quite pricey, products.

CC

Pete's Pants I'm suspecting you're Mr CC in disguise :mysmilie_17: Richard has actually got me into gardening, given me good advice via his website and I'm not too bad now compared to when I started out. I do agree though that there's a lot of punting of his own, quite pricey, products.

CC

Ha ha.No I am not Mr.CC.Sounds like we both are anti Jacko though.If you find him of use then that's great . It's good he's earning his keep.Gardening is a good hobby and if you have been inspired good on you. I haven't though although I have some ideas on colours to paint the gnomes.

:mysmilie_14:

Last edited:
So over the weekend we enjoyed 6 hours in one day I think, (Ok endured) Of Richard Jackson's Garden. apparently he's been there 22 years but was awarded his own show 19 years ago.

I know it might come as a shocker, but Garden Product of the Month.... Is a Richard Jackson product! Plus guess what, stocks are limited in this size because the boat from China is late or some other rot, so it's unlikely they'll have that size container in for a month.. so buy now! (or not).

The presenter just commented on how many tonnes of Plant Food Flower power whatever they'd sold.. well if they sold other brands, like they do with candles, beauty stuff etc, they might be able to do proper comparisons etc.

Did I see Gnome take the piss out of Micael for being short? The guy probably had stuff in his shoes to raise him up, and still only just beat the Micael by millimetres!

One of the things I detest about Richard Jackson is his habit of making spiteful comments about presenters! Often he makes a dig about something he is equally guilty of! I avoid listening to him as a result. Any gardening programme on QVC is exponentially better if he is absent, in my view!

I wonder how much, if any, gardening hints and advice have been given to the public ...

It's funny, they make such a big deal of calling them "Richard Jacksons" products as if the man had actually had anything to do with the production, along the same lines as Kelly Hoppen not having anything to do with the designs of "her" bedding, when people know it's just a QVC own brand with a name put on it.

If people want to buy his overhyped products fine its this business of showing all these award winners chelsea etc what were they feeding there plants on when they won previous awards same with the best gardens etc how does he know they would not have won with any other plant food its all B******s.

I bought the slug pellets a few years ago they were made by a big company they just had his name on the front. I found the makers own brand alot cheaper in a garden centre.I have never got any where near the crops he claims for plants.

I don't watch gardening shows as I can't see why I would wait for their delivery when I can easily go to a local garden centre.Same with his Flower Power stuff just channel hopping I seem to hit the moment he is going on about how wonderful it is.This must be a nation of stupendous flowering plants if he is to be believed.Again I would buy this type of product locally.

I buy from Q and telly because I can't (or don't want to be bothered to) go big shopping outside due to health and because I hate queuing, crowds. driving round trying to park etc. It suits me to get it all dropped off at my doorstep and I recognise that that comes at a price. I do agree that Richard Jackson is now a salesman, not a gardener and maybe we all do what makes us the most money.

We also do have a laugh at home with the ancient photos RJ comes out with - I mean that golden retriever can't possibly still be 2 years old and many others that have been rolled out for the last 10 years. As a flower power user, I still stand by my opinion that it is actually the best product I have used. I tape a lot of the programmes now and just watch the plant presentations.

CC

i agree with shopping for gardening products being difficult but you can go on amazon and buy the real top end fertilisers, compost, plants etc etc etc for a fraction of richard jacksons stuff. i have bought most of them to try out but they are not vfm imo.

QVC don't do him any favours by sticking so many hours on in one go when he's around. The same applies to anything - like the cleaning show tonight - does it really need to be on for four hours straight? I guess they simply can't do any better these days.

I buy from Q and telly because I can't (or don't want to be bothered to) go big shopping outside due to health and because I hate queuing, crowds. driving round trying to park etc. It suits me to get it all dropped off at my doorstep and I recognise that that comes at a price. I do agree that Richard Jackson is now a salesman, not a gardener and maybe we all do what makes us the most money.

We also do have a laugh at home with the ancient photos RJ comes out with - I mean that golden retriever can't possibly still be 2 years old and many others that have been rolled out for the last 10 years. As a flower power user, I still stand by my opinion that it is actually the best product I have used. I tape a lot of the programmes now and just watch the plant presentations.

CC
Why bother taping he always comes out with the same spiel as well as the same old photos.
I often buy from Hayloft direct and they have a £4-99 p&p per order.

Latest posts

Back