Customer Service - how they SHOULD do it!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

suzyv

Registered Shopper
I recently ordered a book from a well known chain of bookstores. It arrived today and wasn't the signed edition I was expecting. I'm not sure whether it was my fault (I followed a link from the author himself to purchase it) or whether it was theirs.

I explained I'd not received what I was expecting. Immediately the customer service guy checked what I wanted was still available. Then he said I've put the order through, it will be with you tomorrow. All you need to do is send back your book using the freepost prepaid label that's part of your delivery note. Oh okay says I, rather amazed that it was there in front of me. Okay, so now I'll pay for the book, yes? No, he said, don't worry, I've just written down it's a replacement for what you're sending back.

So, to sum up, order replaced without me having to pay a second time and wait for a refund and freepost returns label enclosed on delivery note should I need it. Just like QVC eh? :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17:

Yes, makes you wonder if QVC trust their customers at all? No really, you return something they made an error over and they treat you with suspicion. You must return and only when they get it back will they deem to send another one.

Think it also proves how much returned/used stuff they then flog as new - there are always regular complaints on their FB page about waitlist products being received obviously used.

They also wring every last drop out of every product in their warehouse, judging by the state of the beauty clearance section - those Japonesque products must be about 3 years old!!!!

Think it also proves how much returned/used stuff they then flog as new - there are always regular complaints on their FB page about waitlist products being received obviously used.

They also wring every last drop out of every product in their warehouse, judging by the state of the beauty clearance section - those Japonesque products must be about 3 years old!!!!

If they want to get rid of all the old crap that's costing them warehouse space, they might want to try knocking more than a pound or two off the asking price!

I've seen a "clearance/last clicks" item that was reduced by 17p, and it was on TV for all to see, I kid ye not. :mysmilie_17:

I read yesterday about a Q customer who ordered some of their overpriced meringues which arrived in bits. They contacted customer services who arranged to send out another batch and told her to keep the broken ones. She was so chuffed she felt she should praise them on their facebook page but didn`t want someone in CS to get into trouble because they told her not to return the broken ones and to keep them instead.
Yep you couldn`t make it up, QVC customers so brainwashed they think keeping a few broken meringues is so out of the ordinary for Q`s normal complaint procedure that someone may get the sack or reprimanded and to top it all, other people said she should praise them on their facebook page because it "reinforces" positive behaviour and gives credit where credit is due. I kid you not.

Indeed! They must be well past their shelf life, yet QVC seem so keen on mentioning shelf life's when trying to flog new stuff :mysmilie_17:

Indeed! They must be well past their shelf life, yet QVC seem so keen on mentioning shelf life's when trying to flog new stuff :mysmilie_17:

So true - I mean can you imagine the state of the Japonesque mascara that's been sat in the warehouse for 3+ years!!!!

I remember Ella Bas something which Q sold way back in the day. Products sat in Clearance for at least 5 years.:wonder:

They should put all clearance on easy pay it would shift in no time.

I remember Ella Bas something which Q sold way back in the day. Products sat in Clearance for at least 5 years.:wonder:

They should put all clearance on easy pay it would shift in no time.

That's a brilliant idea, Donna255, you should suggest that on Q's FB page and ask for commission from the sales as the suckers would snap everything up in no time :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back