The fundamental point of having a model?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

grippeh

Registered Shopper
I truly can't understand why Ideal World are putting the female presenters of the now bi-weekly tapered milkmaid/surgeon/badgerhunter trousers or the hideous tops.
The idea of having a model on a clothes show, to MODEL the clothes, is that these lucky ladies, have the right sort of shapes and faces and colouring to make any old rag look good, that's why I now assume anyway......
having watched Denn in the god awful tapered working-down-mine trousers, and Genn, and Joanne, and Sally.

Joanne, despite having a voice I cannot listen to for more than 3 seconds, IS a beautiful YOUNG woman, but, the last 2 times she has been on with the 'fashion' she has looked awful. The tapered being-prime-minister trousers and assorted tops have made her look at least 50, frumpy, and the fitting of them looks hideous, please Joanne, don't wear this stuff out, or even in, or ever, it turns you from a very pretty lady, to an old lady.

Denn was the same, she clearly knows how to dress for her shape and hide her ever growing self, she said it herself last night actually, so when she rocks up in the general-retail-work trousers last night I was shocked at how enormous she looked, and was struggling to hold myself together as she pointed out (on herself) how the trousers 'didn't grip or cling' as they clearly gripped and clung to her thighs for dear life. Denn is an older lady, but she manages to dress quite stylishly, until she put the IW garb on and instead looked just awful, fat, cheap, awful :(
Sally is the same, incredibly stylish in non IW clothes, but when she wears the tapered barmaid trousers, she shows them for what they are, everyone 'real' I've seen in them has looked awful and I now guess I see the point of the models. Really bad idea by IW, now we get to see real sizes and shapes in these 'clothes' and see how awful we'd look.

I think the icing on the cake was Genn, doing the Lisa Riley collection, the models made it look good, Lisa herself made the stuff look great, then Genn wears it and even laughably points out how 'it's so forgiving and makes you look slimmer than you are' whilst causing me to need a sit down and a glass of water as she herself in the clothes looks bigger than the 6 month pregnant Katie and shockingly large and frumpy.

Stick with the 'models' Ideal, where we, the audient, can somehow believe these 'fashions' won't burst into flames if we accidentally rub our thighs together.

The fundamental point of having a model?

So Dirty Peter can paw them :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0018.JPGIMG_0017.JPG

He's back :dull: His 'first guest' is Lyn Harvey and his 'trouziz' are ity fabric which is 'like a viscose' but in fact are.....95% Polyster/5% Elastane

Just watching him, funny how the 5% Elastane is mentioned, the 95% Polyester isn't.

Quelle Surprise :mysmilie_59:

Lyn was wearing an all pink/rose/wine coloured outfit.

Instantly just reminded me of a nurses outfit, (hope others know what I mean) you must all know the uniforms I mean :mysmilie_59:

PS: Peter is on overdrive with his mentions of incoherent mumble mumble mumble incoherent "a big high street fashion store sells similar for muchhhhh muccchhhh more" do me a favour, please!! 2 for £20, direct out a sweat shop made for 20p each no doubt!

Lyn was wearing an all pink/rose/wine coloured outfit.

Instantly just reminded me of a nurses outfit, (hope others know what I mean) you must all know the uniforms I mean :mysmilie_59:

PS: Peter is on overdrive with his mentions of incoherent mumble mumble mumble incoherent "a big high street fashion store sells similar for muchhhhh muccchhhh more" do me a favour, please!! 2 for £20, direct out a sweat shop made for 20p each no doubt!

They were just shilling a Notch Detail Top, Dirty Peter enthused about 'the knit'.

95% Polyester :mysmilie_15:

DP closing the show and everything is 'stock dependant' .....'PLEASE PICK UP THE PHONE NOW'.......'there may not be much stock left'

Give it a couple of days and it will all be replenished...........(as Wirral says) AGAIN

The new colours are horrible but I have a black pair of the trousers and they are comfortable and surprisingly flattering.i am fairly slim though so not sure if they suit everybody as they say. I think they are going into overkill with them as they did with the drape dress.

So Dirty Peter is selling the Supertrousers, again. Same old spiel as the previous hour (year?) : -

'And it doesn't matter from an early evening, to a restaurant, to 10 o'clock at night, to the warmth of Portugal, or Spain, or Tenerife'

And Lynn agrees, 'absolutely'

She usefully adds 'Well I've got the Black ones and when I was on Holiday in January I travelled in them, they were so comfortable'

So she didn't actually wear them on Holiday? Maybe she didn't go to Portugal, or Spain, or Tenerife :mysmilie_59:

Hmmm, Lynn, whose opinions on fashion are in my opinion as genuine and trustworthy as a £12 note.

"Is it sizing well Lynn?" says Denn one day of a random shite top,
"Oh yes!!" enthuses Lynn "sizing perfectly" she says, "what size am I in though?" she then says and checks her label,
"Oh, yes, medium and I'm a medium" says obviously relieved Lynn :p

Hmmm, Lynn, whose opinions on fashion are in my opinion as genuine and trustworthy as a £12 note.

"Is it sizing well Lynn?" says Denn one day of a random shite top,
"Oh yes!!" enthuses Lynn "sizing perfectly" she says, "what size am I in though?" she then says and checks her label,
"Oh, yes, medium and I'm a medium" says obviously relieved Lynn :p

She's a shill and no mistake. Her favourite line, which she says again and again, is : -

'Oh yes, absolutely'

She won't hesitate to say this in response to any of Dirty Peter's drivel :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back