Beauty event

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That's the thing, AndiK, there just weren't any real bargains so you didn't miss out on anything!

Molton Brown OTO and Tarte TSV aside, everything else I succumbed to was just weakness on my part, vs the inability to resist a bargain. The only thing I can be vaguely proud of is that I resisted the Tarte lippy sets which I definitely didn't need - have to be grateful for that I guess.

Well, now I'm relieved that there were no major bargains because despite my apparent strength, you see there's still that part of me that's slightly bothered about possibly missing out. If I had genuinely needed something, I would definitely have been looking more closely yesterday and then would probably have bought that thing and more! It's just lucky for me that I distracted myself and didn't really look. It's not easy though and you should not feel guilty. So you treated yourself to some lovely bits and pieces - enjoy them, as Dunmow D says.

That's the thing, AndiK, there just weren't any real bargains so you didn't miss out on anything!

Molton Brown OTO and Tarte TSV aside, everything else I succumbed to was just weakness on my part, vs the inability to resist a bargain. The only thing I can be vaguely proud of is that I resisted the Tarte lippy sets which I definitely didn't need - have to be grateful for that I guess.

Well, no comfort, but you weren't the only one :blush:
I got a bit carried away as well & bought more than I'd intended. Well, I'd intended not buying anything this month, or next month or the next.
Apart from the TSV & a BM foundation that I needed, well almost as I'm still using the one I have but it was good value with the included brush compared to Boots. & some colours had already sold out so probably won't be on offer much longer, it was just weakness on my part too. I didn't need the other Tarte things!
Ah well, this time I'm determined (!!) nothing else.
At least I've resisted all nail polish for months & months though that used to be a weakness.

I'm saving my money for the BPOTM in May, I think that I'm going to buy more than one.

*Lifts nose into air and sniffs speculatively*

What is it, Marina?

Tis the supersize LG Balance & Glow, I do believe...Marina, do you currently use it and do you rate it? I only ever hear 'glowing' (ooh excuse the terrible pun) reviews from the FB Geller Gals but I can't use B&B as it's too pink so would be good to hear your thoughts and any pointers re the difference in shades.

Thanks!

Had the Tarte glow kit and Bobbi Brown bronzer kit in and out my basket all day but did not order them in the end as its true you can only use so much make-up on your face each day before it goes off.

I'm really annoyed with myself - I'd got my remaining EZpays down to a respectable amount and mostly ending in May...updating my spreadsheet, I note that I have managed to add c. £150 to the final total and they now finish in July and all for items that I didn't need - why am I so damn weak, boo hoo!!!!!

Thats the thing with 4 easy pays. They seem to take forever to clear & 4 months is a long time to NOT buy anything else. I also went crazy but most of what I purchased were really amazing value offers. I'm too embarrassed to even say how much I bought.:blush:

I've been telling myself I deserve some treats for losing 2 stone but I don't think I deserved that many:thinking:

I think I'm gonna ring up & pay the balance of the other 3 easy pays on some items. Can you even do that? Who knows but I'll give it a try.

I'm really pleased with everything I ordered though. Some of the things have come already. I will be good now for the next couple of months, although that said I've seen that Erno Lazlo is coming in the new items thread. Doubtful I will be able to resist. Hoping it won't be yet for a while:grin::heart:

Thats the thing with 4 easy pays. They seem to take forever to clear & 4 months is a long time to NOT buy anything else. I also went crazy but most of what I purchased were really amazing value offers. I'm too embarrassed to even say how much I bought.:blush:

I've been telling myself I deserve some treats for losing 2 stone but I don't think I deserved that many:thinking:

I think I'm gonna ring up & pay the balance of the other 3 easy pays on some items. Can you even do that? Who knows but I'll give it a try.

I'm really pleased with everything I ordered though. Some of the things have come already. I will be good now for the next couple of months, although that said I've seen that Erno Lazlo is coming in the new items thread. Doubtful I will be able to resist. Hoping it won't be yet for a while:grin::heart:

I've done it more than once, mainly second half of last year. I don't think they can refuse?

Thankfully I found some "gloss sticks" on M&S which cost £10 for 3 so that satisfied my lipstick/gloss longing yesterday.

Pickles1973 posted above that Erno Lazlo is coming to Qvc. At the moment ourTK Maxx is full of the stuff, and at very cheap prices. I've not bought any though, as not really interested. Didn't it used to be sold exclusively in Harrods or somewhere?

Tis the supersize LG Balance & Glow, I do believe...Marina, do you currently use it and do you rate it? I only ever hear 'glowing' (ooh excuse the terrible pun) reviews from the FB Geller Gals but I can't use B&B as it's too pink so would be good to hear your thoughts and any pointers re the difference in shades.

Thanks!

I got it when it first came in the TSV over two years ago and liked it, but didn't like much the rest of the kit and returned it. Because it has that glow it blurres end evens out the skin. Because it was January back then the shimmer wasn't too obvious and I'm not sure how it's going to behave when it's sunny. I'm willing to give it another go when it's such a good offer (I hope).

Oh, about the difference in shades, I was using Porcelain and didn't notice any difference, but it looked a bit warmer in the pan.

Pickles1973 posted above that Erno Lazlo is coming to Qvc. At the moment ourTK Maxx is full of the stuff, and at very cheap prices. I've not bought any though, as not really interested. Didn't it used to be sold exclusively in Harrods or somewhere?

Oooooh which TK Maxx store was that? Probably nowhere near me? I've only used their cleansing bar which they're famous for. I used the pink one for sensitive skin, after having a reaction to a foaming face wash. It is the most amazing cleanser. I absolutely love it. My face felt so clean afterwards, so I'm hoping it comes to QVC. I would love to try the rest of their range. It seems to get really good reviews. I bought a small travel size bar with a travel cleansing oil for about £16 from Lookfantastic. It was £20 but they always send me 20% off codes.

Mine came today and although I love the blusher collection the brush is rubbish
It's bristles are too long and soft it just dusts the blusters & bronzers creating a cloud of dust but next to nothing stays on the brush so no colour gets transferred to your face . The small brush you get in the set is so much better

I just use the Hoola brush to add a light touch of Hoola bronzer & the little brush in the palette for the blushers. I do also tap off any excess before applying & have no problems. Hope this helps jordie_tart.

Oooooh which TK Maxx store was that? Probably nowhere near me? I've only used their cleansing bar which they're famous for. I used the pink one for sensitive skin, after having a reaction to a foaming face wash. It is the most amazing cleanser. I absolutely love it. My face felt so clean afterwards, so I'm hoping it comes to QVC. I would love to try the rest of their range. It seems to get really good reviews. I bought a small travel size bar with a travel cleansing oil for about £16 from Lookfantastic. It was £20 but they always send me 20% off codes.

The Belfast TKMaxxs(we have three and another opening later this year), have had the brand and I mean loads for months now. We have loads of Perricone, Elemis(new packaging),Bare Minerials, Bobbi Brown kits and some MAC,Estee Lauder,Lancome,Shisiedo.

I received my Studio10 foundation and brush I really wanted, well the stippling head of the brush dropped off when I took it out then opened the foundation case and the large foundation pan fell out that had not been glued in. The artisans at Studio10 must have run out of glue. I am very disappointed by the quality so back it goes what a waste of time :mysmilie_10:

Well my Tarte Shape Tape arrived yesterday(shocked!!!), so tried this morning.

Very good concealer, I can still see faint darkness but better than many other concealers. The Light shade is perfect for me, but the sponge is massive no way could you use it to apply concealer under the eyes. Foundation yes. I dabbed it along the under and then used my Beauty Blender Micro Mini to blend.

Latest posts

Back