Lulu Guinness TSV 13/5/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't have FB or twitter or any social media, so does anyone know of any little hints on this one? Thank you :mysmilie_50:

Years ago I was a real fan of LG, and have 4 of her more 'querky' bags - like the designs with embroidered motifs on, or shop fronts. I have one that looks like a radio, and one that is similar to a cone with a lid made of flowers. More recently, they've been pretty boring and not unlike something you could buy much cheaper in M & S. (saying that I cannot see what the attraction is for the Birkin bag, but there you are).

LG seem to have reverted to the type of bag my Mum and Gran would carry, same squarish shape and with a not very wide opening.

Kipling aren't much better, their designs are all very similar, and the prints are pretty dull compared to previous years. Very few citrus / jewel or pastel colours. I don't bother to watch anymore.

I think the TSVs are produced to appeal to the widest possible taste. Not every one goes for quirky but they used to show a couple during the shows. Now I think its just the face and lips.
The quirky ones may be collectors items in the future.

I agree the quirky ones will be a better buy for future generations they might appear on Antiques Roadshow!? In the meantime you have bought for yourself to enjoy.I can't see the appeal of LG but lots love them & will be eagerly awaiting this TSV.I have been hooked into the hype in the past & ordered but returned as I just can't justify the product to the price level.

I assume the TSV will be a bag again but is anyone liking the new range of LG shoes? I have a shoe obsession but I'm not keen at all.

I assume the TSV will be a bag again but is anyone liking the new range of LG shoes? I have a shoe obsession but I'm not keen at all.

Had to go look and must confess, I'm really not a big fan of that whimsical style - all looks a bit like frumpy Charlotte Olympia to me. Each to their own but my current designer shoe obsession (you've woken the shoe beast, AndiK, but ONLY online window shopping, promise!) is this brand and I'm lusting after this particular shoe

https://shop.malonesouliers.com/col...metallic-nappa-navy-nappa?variant=34855323399

(sorry, totally hijacking the LG thread to talk about shoes!)

Ah shoe obsession , yep i know it well and my obsession is with the Ruby Shoo brand. As for the Lulu Guinness shoes, well I`m afraid they don`t do it for me.

Had to go look and must confess, I'm really not a big fan of that whimsical style - all looks a bit like frumpy Charlotte Olympia to me. Each to their own but my current designer shoe obsession (you've woken the shoe beast, AndiK, but ONLY online window shopping, promise!) is this brand and I'm lusting after this particular shoe

https://shop.malonesouliers.com/col...metallic-nappa-navy-nappa?variant=34855323399

(sorry, totally hijacking the LG thread to talk about shoes!)

Oh, oh, oh! What a little beauty that is! I fear it would lurk in the "shoe room" for want of an appropriate occasion, sadly. Still, we can lust.

Ah shoe obsession , yep i know it well and my obsession is with the Ruby Shoo brand. As for the Lulu Guinness shoes, well I`m afraid they don`t do it for me.

It's the Lulu G clompy block heels I don't like, although there's a pair of more straightforward black and white courts with stiletto heels I could go for. These (below) are just too weird for my tastes, particularly with that doll face on the back.

http://www.luluguinness.com/shoes/c...-anais-court?gclid=CLzW58TuzNMCFSUW0wodZtcBvw

(As always, I apologise to anyone who loves them - no offence intended - we're all different!)

I'm off for a look at Ruby Shoo now.

I had received several emails about the shoes but I have problem feet so wouldn't be tempted.

My latest email is introducing the new brand ambassador Jasmine Guinness. Wonder will she get the Q gig?

I had received several emails about the shoes but I have problem feet so wouldn't be tempted.

My latest email is introducing the new brand ambassador Jasmine Guinness. Wonder will she get the Q gig?

Oh yes, that's what made me think about LG generally and I too wondered about this Jasmine being on QVC, especially as they call her a brand ambassador, as I'm not sure what else a brand amassador would do, if not be the face of a brand on TV.

Ohhh I'm tempted by this! Zip top, handles, shoulder strap .... all the things I like, just a pity the colours aren't a bit more adventurous!

I have a feeling this may be accompanying me on my travels at the end of the month :mysmilie_17:

Nope, too big and too boring in style and colour for me I'm afraid; and the handles are too narrow to be able to put it over your shoulder.

Latest posts

Back