Kim & Co Fashion TSV 05/05/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Uh oh, maybe it's tin hat time but I went for the blue flowery one. I've a party next Saturday and I thought that might do as the price wasn't bad and most of my clothes are packed up for a house move. I suppose I could always wear it, wash it and send it back. Did I just say that :mysmilie_17:

CC

I went for the black one - for evening barbies - because the look can be changed depending on the accessories. Plus I got the butterfly print too - I love the cheerful colours.

Bought both in the petite length and am hoping it's long enough.

I actually don't mind the hemline - maybe in a couple of years when it gets really dated then I'll straighten it.

I went for the black one - for evening barbies - because the look can be changed depending on the accessories. Plus I got the butterfly print too - I love the cheerful colours.

Bought both in the petite length and am hoping it's long enough.

I actually don't mind the hemline - maybe in a couple of years when it gets really dated then I'll straighten it.

I admire all you talented people being able to change hemlines, etc. Wish I could. I have a few maxi dresses that are a little too long, and they are waiting for me to take them up. They have been waiting a while. I am hoping my legs grow instead.

Fortunately in my village we have an Alteration Shop ! couple of more mature ladies who will shorten, lengthen, take out, take in, they are a godsend. Sadly I think its a dying art, which only the elderly teens can do now. But anyone who wants an idea to set up a little business, I can testify this place is a little goldmine - they are always busy, especially at Prom time and Christmas !

We have a few in the small market town I live in (the rest are charity or second hand shops) and there is a waiting list for every one of them.

There is one set up by some Eastern European ladies who will also make clothes with your own material but I think they are expensive and feel you could buy as cheaply.

The 2 ladies I use only do alterations and do all of mine and Mr L's clothes so we get speedy service and to be honest are very very reasonable, about £5 for dress or trousers or taking in and £7 for man's suit trousers, so although busy I'm not sure they would make a fortune.

The one thing I would say is that there is a big difference between tailoring and dressmaking in the the finished article so if I was getting a suit or coat altered I would go to a tailor.

I can (and do) sew. However, I don't always find it easy to make the time for it these days, and I loathe sewing for anyone but myself! Selfish, I know, but ... When people find out you can sew, there is often an expectation that you won't mind doing a pile of alterations for them (or making a prom dress or a dance costume for their offspring ...) I dread hearing the phrase 'could you just ...', because nothing saps the mojo faster than the pressure of producing something for someone else!

I have just seen these cropped leggings---who other than the models on air with slim toned legs would wear these?I think I have seen some similar results out there & I don't want to go there!

Oh why does she not shut up? words tumbling out in a 'must not stop for breath' way.She knows her stuff but what does it matter I am switching Kim off as she is just toooooo much for me.

I have just seen these cropped leggings---who other than the models on air with slim toned legs would wear these?I think I have seen some similar results out there & I don't want to go there!

Claudia was aware of her short top with these leggings revealing too much, she put a hand over her bottom when twirling and pulled the top down to conceal her privates when facing the camera with a slight side twist to put her thigh out front. Two and a half inches longer would have protected her. Really bad teaming them together.

I can (and do) sew. However, I don't always find it easy to make the time for it these days, and I loathe sewing for anyone but myself! Selfish, I know, but ... When people find out you can sew, there is often an expectation that you won't mind doing a pile of alterations for them (or making a prom dress or a dance costume for their offspring ...) I dread hearing the phrase 'could you just ...', because nothing saps the mojo faster than the pressure of producing something for someone else!

Same here! I sew and often get the "can you just alter this for me...."
Um, no! People have no idea how time consuming some alterations can take and how awkward some can be, just unpicking some garments is a nightmare in itself. I don't mind the odd alteration for free for a loved one, but when people at work ask me and expect me to do it for nothing I just laugh in their face!

I definitely wouldn't make clothing for others, I couldn't live with the pressure! Also folk are very reluctant to pay you properly for your time, and the fabric. Cheap, fast fashion has really made people de-value the time, effort and skill involved in clothes making.

Um, no! People have no idea how time consuming some alterations can take and how awkward some can be, just unpicking some garments is a nightmare in itself. I don't mind the odd alteration for free for a loved one, but when people at work ask me and expect me to do it for nothing I just laugh in their face!

I definitely wouldn't make clothing for others, I couldn't live with the pressure! Also folk are very reluctant to pay you properly for your time, and the fabric. Cheap, fast fashion has really made people de-value the time, effort and skill involved in clothes making.

same with cake making everyone wants a cake that takes days to make and just pay you for ingredients. i can sew to, dresses, coats anything. made all my own gorgeous curtains for a steal but i never sew for anyone

I have sewn since the age of 12 because I could never find trousers long enough so made my own and still had to lengthen the pattern. My machine recently went kaput and DD needed NHS dresses hemmed. I didn't want to wundaweb them again so asked Johnson's dry cleaner's how much they charged, £14 each dress and I had to cut it to length first. Off I went to Argos and bought a small machine for £50, job done. I made a ring cushion and cushion hearts for my DD wedding too so it was a timely purchase. RIP old machine, old friend.

Claudia was aware of her short top with these leggings revealing too much, she put a hand over her bottom when twirling and pulled the top down to conceal her privates when facing the camera with a slight side twist to put her thigh out front. Two and a half inches longer would have protected her. Really bad teaming them together.

When wearing leggings one really does need to cover the old "hoot n annie" because it does not leave anything to the imagination sometimes. Lady near me wears salmon pink leggings, short t shirt with a bit of flab hanging around (which is absolutely fine and I have it myself, but lordy lordy). I nearly crash my car when I see her because I think she's gone out without wearing any bottom half. Eye popping.

when wearing leggings one really does need to cover the old "hoot n annie" because it does not leave anything to the imagination sometimes. Lady near me wears salmon pink leggings, short t shirt with a bit of flab hanging around (which is absolutely fine and i have it myself, but lordy lordy). I nearly crash my car when i see her because i think she's gone out without wearing any bottom half. Eye popping.

love it!!!!

When wearing leggings one really does need to cover the old "hoot n annie" because it does not leave anything to the imagination sometimes. Lady near me wears salmon pink leggings, short t shirt with a bit of flab hanging around (which is absolutely fine and I have it myself, but lordy lordy). I nearly crash my car when I see her because I think she's gone out without wearing any bottom half. Eye popping.

I have done a horrified double take with this colour too!

Latest posts

Back