Nicole Fashions - a new selling pitch??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
Just treated myself to 10 mins of watching Pope Pete hosting the Nicole fashions hour. Why, oh why does some idiot allow this man to present fashion hours? All he does is spout carp, charge around like a maniac and shout like a barrow boy. No useful information, just screeching. I've been watching what I thought was a rather pretty twinset with lace trimming on the outer jacket, and this seems to have brought out collaborator tendencies in Sheila, the model (or "Sheel" as he calls her), because she's now coming out with carp of her own (apparently she once worked in fashion, and they charged £1,000 for a similar dress with the same lace on it). Yeah, whatever, Sheel. However, there were some priceless gems amongst the carp - "the monotone of wonder" being just one. He also claims that the late Queen Mother "would have just loved the powder blue one". Yes, Pete, and Genghis Khan would have loved the blood red one, Donald Trump would love the yellow one (matches his barnet), and Theresa May would love the beige because it'll match her leopard-skin shoes.

He's also enlightened us that he has been with(? - stop sniggering at the back, all of you) some big Italian Designers (Georgio Armani was named) - and that we may have read about it in our broadsheets. Now, come on, did you read about it and forget to tell us? Shame on you!! Pete also tells us he was brought up by his Grandma, who never left the house unless she was fully made up and (quote): "bathed in perfume". Blimey, thank your stars you were never next to Gran at a bus stop, you'd have been asphyxiated. This bloke could take perfection and ruin it, he is a total waste of space on fashion hours (and any other hours, come to think of it).

Last edited:
Historymystery, it is at times like this I am glad I am at work and can' t see presentations like this! And I'm still wondering about the Italian designers he has been with!

Actually, I've just remembered that he once claimed to have "organised a fashion show for Armani at the Collaseum" cos his female sidekick on Bid said "what, you did?" and was asking stupid questions like she didn't believe him!

Now I cannot imagine for one second why she wouldn't believe him, can you, Muttley? :mysmilie_17: The Pinnochio Syndrome springs to mind....
Historymystery, it is at times like this I am glad I am at work and can' t see presentations like this! And I'm still wondering about the Italian designers he has been with!

Actually, I've just remembered that he once claimed to have "organised a fashion show for Armani at the Collaseum" cos his female sidekick on Bid said "what, you did?" and was asking stupid questions like she didn't believe him!

Agree - there was no what you would call useful info. whatsoever, and I noticed that when "Sheel" was parading around she was not just standing up straight, she was leaning back, and the unworthy thought crossed my suspicious mind that she was trying to make the cardi look longer at the back than it is, as they know many of us like coverage of our bum. He also told us that navy is more slimming than black - is this the gospel according to Pete, I ask myself? Could it be that the navy pants weren't selling so fast? No, Pete would NEVER dissemble.......would he?

Yeah it would be nice to get some measurements and the like but there's never any useful info from him ever, just a load of made up drivel!

The TSV is not good a bit tacky looking in my opinion. Pete said Sheila was wearing a Chanel inspired outfit. Is he fully awake ! I only lasted about 10 minutes. When he gets on the catwalk with the models I cannot stand to watch.

I watched the repeat of him earlier, he's NEVER off that catwalk!

Kate came on and said something about the powder blue having turquoise undertones and he cuts 'strite' in on her and asks her if she thinks that the colour has turquoise undertones :mysmilie_15: They'd obviously heard the same thing in their earphones and were not listening to each other.

The TSV is not good a bit tacky looking in my opinion. Pete said Sheila was wearing a Chanel inspired outfit. Is he fully awake ! I only lasted about 10 minutes. When he gets on the catwalk with the models I cannot stand to watch.

I only have to hear that voice and I am out of there, tbh I can't really stand any of the IW presenters for more than a few mins. I thought Sheelah was suppoded to be leaving...

There seemed to be a mutual admiration thing between him and "Sheel" - all the superlatives at how wonderful she looked were flowing out. I think she plays up to him, giving him all the cues and he repeats everything she says with as much awe in his voice as if she's just solved Einstein's Theory of Relativity.
I only have to hear that voice and I am out of there, tbh I can't really stand any of the IW presenters for more than a few mins. I thought Sheelah was suppoded to be leaving...

Lets say all these extravagant, successful, one off unique employment stories that Pinoc....sorry Peter tells us are true, what the hell has he been doing with the earnings?

Pinoc....Oops sorry! Peter is all over IW like a bad rash, and at the most unsociable hours imaginable, IF and its a HUGGGGE IF he has done half what he has said why is he still ponsing about shopping TV especially with all his ailments.

Think I would have jacked it in a long ago and had a nice retierment, maybe I'm miles off the target and Pinoc, sorry again.....Peter likes the bright lights of Peterborough to much to give it all up?

I tell you what he does want to give up.....trying to pronounce 'broderie anglaise'. Its another Mathey Tissot moment. The guy must have his tongue in backwards and his teeth upside down.......and he kept persevering. Just say 'lace' you moron!

Like the way they're trying to shift two lots of this garb to 'mix and match'. What a bluddy awful look at £50+ and no flexi. They say the stock is 'worryingly low' but they seem desperate to me. And that powder blue has been 'worryingly low' since last night!......and it's still there now!

I've calculated that if Pinochio Pete HAS done all of the employment 'gigs' he says he has, then he's 250 years old. I think you've hit the nail on the head about him being the current 'face' (or 'nose', in his case, as he's Pinnochio Pete) of IW. While I was watching he made some comment about IW being much more "fun" than other channels who might show fashion! Talk about Whatever Happened To Baby Jane? - he firmly believes that he's hilariously funny and still the "big star" (he's a big something, but it 'ain't a "star"). Pity someone doesn't explain to him that there's a difference between laughing with someone and laughing at someone, and that most of us watch to take the p$$s.

Lets say all these extravagant, successful, one off unique employment stories that Pinoc....sorry Peter tells us are true, what the hell has he been doing with the earnings?

Pinoc....Oops sorry! Peter is all over IW like a bad rash, and at the most unsociable hours imaginable, IF and its a HUGGGGE IF he has done half what he has said why is he still ponsing about shopping TV especially with all his ailments.

Think I would have jacked it in a long ago and had a nice retierment, maybe I'm miles off the target and Pinoc, sorry again.....Peter likes the bright lights of Peterborough to much to give it all up?

These 'fashion' hours are eminently predictable.

Whoever is the Duty Goon will scream, bellow and generally steamroller through the 'show', making the most preposterous comparisons. Material Composition? Forget it. Measurements? Hardly discussed, perhaps just in case they need to encourage the audience to buy whatever size that they have left in stock, even if it's too big or small.

They spend more time howling at the camera to check out your basket than bothering to candidly describe the garments. There seems a certain contempt for the punters being shown here, clearly. This is obviously being encouraged by the parasite bosses.

Of course this is all probably to distract from having to describe in any detail the very basic, invariably Polyester, badged up, mostly generic clothing on offer. The silly thing is that the clothing, while ordinary and old fashioned, isn't anything like as big a ripoff as much of their other merchandise. In fact it's a bargain compared to ripoff QVC although I'd guess their stuff is much better quality, there's still plenty of Polyester on offer though.

But Ideal World's presentations are now beyond hysterical, it's really getting plain stupid now.

It's grotesque :mysmilie_59:

Did anyone hear the end of the Nicole fashion show? Gollum was on his side of the studio, acknowledhed the presenter and the models respectfully, and then said "they all want me"... The only thing they want that common little oik for is target practice...

Did anyone hear the end of the Nicole fashion show? Gollum was on his side of the studio, acknowledhed the presenter and the models respectfully, and then said "they all want me"... The only thing they want that common little oik for is target practice...

You couldn't really make it up could you Muttley?

I just wonder where this gutter presentation is heading before they inevitably go bust. It's hard to imagine it can get any worse but I think it's clear it's going to get worse, much worse.

What kind of pond life does it appeal to? :mysmilie_59:

You couldn't really make it up could you Muttley?

I just wonder where this gutter presentation is heading before they inevitably go bust. It's hard to imagine it can get any worse but I think it's clear it's going to get worse, much worse.

What kind of pond life does it appeal to? :mysmilie_59:

There's no doubt that Gollum and Shouting Sally in particular were chosen to appeal to a particular class of customer that tends to watch and buy from Ideal World quite a lot nowadays.

I'll leave it to the imagination the type of person I'm thinking of :mysmilie_59:

There's no doubt that Gollum and Shouting Sally in particular were chosen to appeal to a particular class of customer that tends to watch and buy from Ideal World quite a lot nowadays.

I'll leave it to the imagination the type of person I'm thinking of :mysmilie_59:

Well I have a few pairs of trousers ,not all the fashion is bad ,but I think even shouting Sally had problems selling this one.

As he can't even pronounce 'twinset', calling it a 'tweens-set', there's little hope of broderie anglaise being pronounced right. Mind you, at the rate he was rushing around, I'm only surprised he had any breath left to say anything. Interesting that he's supposed to suffer from all of these miscellaneous ailments, yet can rush around like a 2 year old, isn't it? I'm waiting for him to go flying one of these days, as he's so hyper.

I tell you what he does want to give up.....trying to pronounce 'broderie anglaise'. Its another Mathey Tissot moment. The guy must have his tongue in backwards and his teeth upside down.......and he kept persevering. Just say 'lace' you moron!

Like the way they're trying to shift two lots of this garb to 'mix and match'. What a bluddy awful look at £50+ and no flexi. They say the stock is 'worryingly low' but they seem desperate to me. And that powder blue has been 'worryingly low' since last night!......and it's still there now!

Latest posts

Back