Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Lisa Riley’s Back and Better Than Ever With Her Brand New Autumn Clothing Line, Exclusively at Ideal World

We’re excited to announce that TV favourite and Loose Women panellist Lisa Riley is returning to Ideal World with style to unveil her brand new autumn clothing line.

After winning multiple plus size awards, Lisa decided to launch her own clothing label ‘Just Be You’ exclusively with Ideal World to overcome the disappointment in styles previously offered to her. After sharing her amazing weight loss journey with the nation, Lisa created her collection of clothing and garments to make you feel “confident, sexy and beautiful.”

The TV favourite says “Of all my collections with Ideal World, this is by far my ultimate favourite. I feel the fabrics, colours and the unique “me” style comes across 100%. It is fashion for everyone. I hope you love it as much as I do!”

Read More

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
      Post Thanks / Like

Default Nicole Fashions - a new selling pitch??

Just treated myself to 10 mins of watching Pope Pete hosting the Nicole fashions hour. Why, oh why does some idiot allow this man to present fashion hours? All he does is spout carp, charge around like a maniac and shout like a barrow boy. No useful information, just screeching. I've been watching what I thought was a rather pretty twinset with lace trimming on the outer jacket, and this seems to have brought out collaborator tendencies in Sheila, the model (or "Sheel" as he calls her), because she's now coming out with carp of her own (apparently she once worked in fashion, and they charged £1,000 for a similar dress with the same lace on it). Yeah, whatever, Sheel. However, there were some priceless gems amongst the carp - "the monotone of wonder" being just one. He also claims that the late Queen Mother "would have just loved the powder blue one". Yes, Pete, and Genghis Khan would have loved the blood red one, Donald Trump would love the yellow one (matches his barnet), and Theresa May would love the beige because it'll match her leopard-skin shoes.

He's also enlightened us that he has been with(? - stop sniggering at the back, all of you) some big Italian Designers (Georgio Armani was named) - and that we may have read about it in our broadsheets. Now, come on, did you read about it and forget to tell us? Shame on you!! Pete also tells us he was brought up by his Grandma, who never left the house unless she was fully made up and (quote): "bathed in perfume". Blimey, thank your stars you were never next to Gran at a bus stop, you'd have been asphyxiated. This bloke could take perfection and ruin it, he is a total waste of space on fashion hours (and any other hours, come to think of it).
      Last edited by historymystery; 20-04-2017 at 09:51 AM.

2. Support ShoppingTelly.com
      Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
      Post Thanks / Like

I thought the twinset on offer was quite pretty, and I've seen some trousers and tops on IW that I've liked and might well have bought, had they not been in polyester. But I plump for natural fabrics every time as I don't get on with polyester things very well next to the skin, and don't feel comfortable in them.

› See More: Nicole Fashions - a new selling pitch??
      Likes VapidStoat, Wirral70 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by historymystery View Post
      I thought the twinset on offer was quite pretty, and I've seen some trousers and tops on IW that I've liked and might well have bought, had they not been in polyester. But I plump for natural fabrics every time as I don't get on with polyester things very well next to the skin, and don't feel comfortable in them.
      The thing is with the garb that Ideal World sell is that, in reality, they 'are what they are'. The trouble is, the Goons BS make it impossible to know 'what they are'.

They're just largely very cheap, mass produced, generic, predominantly Polyester clothing that you could see on sale in any discount store or market stall and there's nothing wrong with that, nothing whatsoever.

It's the preposterous way that this clothing is sold that's the problem, to say the sales pitches are disingenuous is being kind.

However, for balance, the wretched QVC sell a line of clothing called 'Yong Kim'. From what I've read in the Q forum it's not immediately clear who or what 'Yong Kim' is although it appears it could be a brand that is at least sold by other retailers so I'm guessing it might be kind of a 'proper' brand.

However, for some inexplicable reason, it's fronted by Tacky Tarrant's ex wife, which is perhaps akin to Peter Vacuum Vol Au Vent shilling 'Art'.

But goodness me, the prices are genuinely eye watering. They are often manufactured from a material called 'Modal' which is semi synthetic but they also regularly sell 95% Polyester dresses for well over £150, and sometimes nearer £200.

Now, don't get me wrong, the designs (to my eye at least) are like night and day from Ideal World's production line 'lines' but £200?
      Last edited by Wirral70; 22-04-2017 at 08:04 AM.
      Likes VapidStoat, Mommabear , Turandot, S C O liked this post

5.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wirral70 View Post
      The thing is with the garb that Ideal World sell is that, in reality, they 'are what they are'. The trouble is, the Goons BS make it impossible to know 'what they are'.

They're just largely very cheap, mass produced, generic, predominantly Polyester clothing that you could see on sale in any discount store or market stall and there's nothing wrong with that, nothing whatsoever.

It's the preposterous way that this clothing is sold that's the problem, to say the sales pitches are disingenuous is being kind.

However, for balance, the wretched QVC sell a line of clothing called 'Yong Kim'. From what I've read in the Q forum it's not immediately clear who or what 'Yong Kim' is although it appears it could be a brand that is at least sold by other retailers so I'm guessing it might be kind of a 'proper' brand.

However, for some inexplicable reason, it's fronted by Tacky Tarrant's ex wife, which is perhaps akin to Peter Vacuum Vol Au Vent shilling 'Art'.

But goodness me, the prices are genuinely eye watering. They are often manufactured from a material called 'Modal' which is semi synthetic but they also regularly sell 95% Polyester dresses for well over £150, and sometimes nearer £200.

Now, don't get me wrong, the designs (to my eye at least) are like night and day from Ideal World's production line 'lines' but £200?
      The Yong Kim, styles are often not that different from the IW designs nor are the fabrics .Not so much Nicole but some of the others. Many of us think YK is mass marketed under different names and question the eye watering prices but they often sell out. Its inexplicable to me.
      Likes Lemonpop, Wirral70 , VapidStoat liked this post

7.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

"Yong Kim" is supposed to be a real designer, a very shy woman (who Baglady Tarrant has supposedly dined with) and not-at-all a Q brand name. As pointed out by Turandot, similar clothing (well, exactly the same) is sold elsewhere, but under different labels.

I detect a whiff of Rosa Benini and Tommy & Kate about the secretive Yong Kim; what real designer DOESN'T like speaking publicly about their creativity, artistic vision etc. to make sure the cash keeps rolling in and to tell everyone about how big a genius they are?
      Last edited by VapidStoat; 22-04-2017 at 09:27 PM.
      Likes Wirral70 , Mommabear liked this post

9.    Price Crash

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VapidStoat View Post
      "Yong Kim" is supposed to be a real designer, a very shy woman (who Baglady Tarrant has supposedly dined with) and not-at-all a Q brand name. As pointed out by Turandot, similar clothing (well, exactly the same) is sold elsewhere, but under different labels.

I detect a whiff of Rosa Benini and Tommy & Kate about the secretive Yong Kim; what real designer DOESN'T like speaking publicly about their creativity, artistic vision etc. to make sure the cash keeps rolling in and to tell everyone about how big a genius they are?
      I was thinking about "Tommy and Kate" when I was reading your comments. Pervy Pete when on Bid claimed he had met them, they were young designers etc etc etc. So many of the styles on IW are very similar - very stretchy tops with uneven lengths, but they have different names attached to them! I will stick to M&S myself, although I did buy a nice pale blue/grey striped cotton shirt in Primark a couple of weeks ago which is smart enough for work, for only £6!
      Likes Wirral70 , VapidStoat, Mommabear liked this post

11.    Gemporia

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VapidStoat View Post

Duplcate poat - techical problems!
      Last edited by Muttley; 23-04-2017 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Duplicate poat
      Likes Wirral70 , VapidStoat liked this post

13.    Advertisment

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Muttley View Post
      I was thinking about "Tommy and Kate" when I was reading your comments. Pervy Pete when on Bid claimed he had met them, they were young designers etc etc etc. So many of the styles on IW are very similar - very stretchy tops with uneven lengths, but they have different names attached to them! I will stick to M&S myself, although I did buy a nice pale blue/grey striped cotton shirt in Primark a couple of weeks ago which is smart enough for work, for only £6!
      I like Primark. Their stuff is pretty good for what it is. M&S' clothing isn't as good as it used to be
      Likes Mommabear liked this post

15.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
      The Yong Kim, styles are often not that different from the IW designs nor are the fabrics .Not so much Nicole but some of the others. Many of us think YK is mass marketed under different names and question the eye watering prices but they often sell out. Its inexplicable to me.
      I agree for me the only difference is the price !! In fact a lot of the time the IW offerings look better ..... and as for the crinkle less said about that the better I've seen better dish cloths!!
      Likes VapidStoat, shopperholic liked this post

17.    Crafting.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

So De Knees is shilling a Styled By Top which in fairness is as cheap as chips. She says : -

'When you find something amazing, an at an incredible price, it would be wrong to just order once, or twice. I want to encourage you to go for non safe colours and to double up on the colours you love best'

Nothing wrong with this, after all she's a sales person. But then she dropped this into the equation : -

'This is called I T Y Fabric. Now that means it's an interlocking yarn so what you get is a super smooth fabric'

That must just be sales spiel as, according to the website, it's actually 95% Polyester
      Likes VapidStoat, Price Plunge liked this post

19.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

Not another presenter who has trouble with pronunciation,Ms Jacks pronunciation of Cobalt as Coal bolt is bad enough.

•   Alt

Advertising

advertising