Nicole Fashions - a new selling pitch??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I thought the twinset on offer was quite pretty, and I've seen some trousers and tops on IW that I've liked and might well have bought, had they not been in polyester. But I plump for natural fabrics every time as I don't get on with polyester things very well next to the skin, and don't feel comfortable in them.

I thought the twinset on offer was quite pretty, and I've seen some trousers and tops on IW that I've liked and might well have bought, had they not been in polyester. But I plump for natural fabrics every time as I don't get on with polyester things very well next to the skin, and don't feel comfortable in them.

The thing is with the garb that Ideal World sell is that, in reality, they 'are what they are'. The trouble is, the Goons BS make it impossible to know 'what they are'.

They're just largely very cheap, mass produced, generic, predominantly Polyester clothing that you could see on sale in any discount store or market stall and there's nothing wrong with that, nothing whatsoever.

It's the preposterous way that this clothing is sold that's the problem, to say the sales pitches are disingenuous is being kind.

However, for balance, the wretched QVC sell a line of clothing called 'Yong Kim'. From what I've read in the Q forum it's not immediately clear who or what 'Yong Kim' is although it appears it could be a brand that is at least sold by other retailers so I'm guessing it might be kind of a 'proper' brand.

However, for some inexplicable reason, it's fronted by Tacky Tarrant's ex wife, which is perhaps akin to Peter Vacuum Vol Au Vent shilling 'Art'.

But goodness me, the prices are genuinely eye watering. They are often manufactured from a material called 'Modal' which is semi synthetic but they also regularly sell 95% Polyester dresses for well over £150, and sometimes nearer £200.

Now, don't get me wrong, the designs (to my eye at least) are like night and day from Ideal World's production line 'lines' but £200? :mysmilie_13:

Last edited:
The thing is with the garb that Ideal World sell is that, in reality, they 'are what they are'. The trouble is, the Goons BS make it impossible to know 'what they are'.

They're just largely very cheap, mass produced, generic, predominantly Polyester clothing that you could see on sale in any discount store or market stall and there's nothing wrong with that, nothing whatsoever.

It's the preposterous way that this clothing is sold that's the problem, to say the sales pitches are disingenuous is being kind.

However, for balance, the wretched QVC sell a line of clothing called 'Yong Kim'. From what I've read in the Q forum it's not immediately clear who or what 'Yong Kim' is although it appears it could be a brand that is at least sold by other retailers so I'm guessing it might be kind of a 'proper' brand.

However, for some inexplicable reason, it's fronted by Tacky Tarrant's ex wife, which is perhaps akin to Peter Vacuum Vol Au Vent shilling 'Art'.

But goodness me, the prices are genuinely eye watering. They are often manufactured from a material called 'Modal' which is semi synthetic but they also regularly sell 95% Polyester dresses for well over £150, and sometimes nearer £200.

Now, don't get me wrong, the designs (to my eye at least) are like night and day from Ideal World's production line 'lines' but £200? :mysmilie_13:

The Yong Kim, styles are often not that different from the IW designs nor are the fabrics .Not so much Nicole but some of the others. Many of us think YK is mass marketed under different names and question the eye watering prices but they often sell out. Its inexplicable to me.

"Yong Kim" is supposed to be a real designer, a very shy woman (who Baglady Tarrant has supposedly dined with) and not-at-all a Q brand name. As pointed out by Turandot, similar clothing (well, exactly the same) is sold elsewhere, but under different labels.

I detect a whiff of Rosa Benini and Tommy & Kate about the secretive Yong Kim; what real designer DOESN'T like speaking publicly about their creativity, artistic vision etc. to make sure the cash keeps rolling in and to tell everyone about how big a genius they are? :thinking:

Last edited:
"Yong Kim" is supposed to be a real designer, a very shy woman (who Baglady Tarrant has supposedly dined with) and not-at-all a Q brand name. As pointed out by Turandot, similar clothing (well, exactly the same) is sold elsewhere, but under different labels.

I detect a whiff of Rosa Benini and Tommy & Kate about the secretive Yong Kim; what real designer DOESN'T like speaking publicly about their creativity, artistic vision etc. to make sure the cash keeps rolling in and to tell everyone about how big a genius they are? :thinking:

I was thinking about "Tommy and Kate" when I was reading your comments. Pervy Pete when on Bid claimed he had met them, they were young designers etc etc etc. So many of the styles on IW are very similar - very stretchy tops with uneven lengths, but they have different names attached to them! I will stick to M&S myself, although I did buy a nice pale blue/grey striped cotton shirt in Primark a couple of weeks ago which is smart enough for work, for only £6!

Duplcate poat - techical problems!

Last edited:
I was thinking about "Tommy and Kate" when I was reading your comments. Pervy Pete when on Bid claimed he had met them, they were young designers etc etc etc. So many of the styles on IW are very similar - very stretchy tops with uneven lengths, but they have different names attached to them! I will stick to M&S myself, although I did buy a nice pale blue/grey striped cotton shirt in Primark a couple of weeks ago which is smart enough for work, for only £6!

I like Primark. Their stuff is pretty good for what it is. M&S' clothing isn't as good as it used to be

The Yong Kim, styles are often not that different from the IW designs nor are the fabrics .Not so much Nicole but some of the others. Many of us think YK is mass marketed under different names and question the eye watering prices but they often sell out. Its inexplicable to me.

I agree for me the only difference is the price !! In fact a lot of the time the IW offerings look better ..... and as for the crinkle less said about that the better I've seen better dish cloths!!

So De Knees is shilling a Styled By Top which in fairness is as cheap as chips. She says : -

'When you find something amazing, an at an incredible price, it would be wrong to just order once, or twice. I want to encourage you to go for non safe colours and to double up on the colours you love best'

Nothing wrong with this, after all she's a sales person. But then she dropped this into the equation : -

'This is called I T Y Fabric. Now that means it's an interlocking yarn so what you get is a super smooth fabric'

That must just be sales spiel as, according to the website, it's actually 95% Polyester :mysmilie_59:

Not another presenter who has trouble with pronunciation,Ms Jacks pronunciation of Cobalt as Coal bolt is bad enough.

I don't often buy clothes from IW as I've found the quality's pretty dire, sometime last year I bought a couple of pairs of jeggings when they were on offer and they were suprisingly good, so I kept them.When I recently ordered the Nicole crap, I must have had my guard down - 'cause like I said in the other thread the quality was absolutely shocking, the fact you could read a book through the fabric was a bit of a no no for me. If I wanted all and sundry to see my underwear I'd got out wearing a chiffon beach dress and pay a fiver for it in Primark! Seriously never again shall I fall for all the rubbish they spout, however pretty something looks on screen.....There's no point paying good money upfront for something you're either gonna have to send right back,will be in tatters after one wash!

And just now I received my second "courtesy call" offering me a preview of their shitty savings club...first one I just hung up on, this one I actually said no thank you and he said you've got nothing to lose, and I said yes I have you'll take money from me etc etc, no we won't, not interested bye, he kept prattling on...I said bye, he kept prattling on I said bye and hung up!!!

Latest posts

Back