Ms Flint

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
We are 9.5 minutes into the TSV launch and already I've learned that DF's Devon retreat is also a B&B, it has thick cobb walls and is in a place called Sheepwatch. That must be a few ££ thousand worth of free publicity for her.

She still hasn't told us if the laptop has Bluetooth, or pointed out that delivery is not 3-5 but 7-10 working days. These 2 facts were divulged 3 minutes after the English Tourist Board infommercial.

The young guest has nervously zipped through his presentation at a rate of knots, tripping over his words and being shouted over by DF reading out and describing the colours.

Presentation over and I'm none the wiser as to whether this would be good enough to replace my desktop. I know it will play Netflix but no idea if it can take on my complex spreadsheets. I think he said it has 2 USB ports but this was glossed over.

Not a very satisfactory presentation from my viewpoint.

I've had Lenovo (formerly IBM) Thinkpads for the last couple of decades - you can get one for just over £100 more than the TSV and it comes direct from Lenovo with a three year warranty.

Older models are available on e-bay (still new with warranty) - i can recommend the 12.5 inch ones (x series) as they balance really well on your lap and are more business orientated (so built for staff mishandling).

Just in case you fancy something different.....

BA!!!! Who needs the tourist board when you can do it yourself to millions desperate for you to shut up and sell us something interesting. Actually its probably not really interesting but compare to the shite you are talking it will be.

The B&B/retreat whatever she's calling it these days must be struggling for her to feel the need to say it every single time she's on air, by the sounds if it. The woman is one massive, selfish pain in the arse and I've never known a retail outlet were a member of staff can take it on and use it for their own personal benefit and gain, it really is astonishing.

Well I've just had a look on youtube at the 'Retreat', (I know, I need a hobby), and it looks very basic to me and not where I would want to go for 'only £80 a night'.

:yawn::yawn:It's really got to stop. Yes, we can avoid reading the blogs and watching the vlogs ( the retreat, the books, the blue sky, the sunshine, the level of the River Torridge, Devon, Sheepwash..........) but we shouldn't have to feel we can't watch the presentations. At every opportunity the guest house business is promoted. Why is this allowed? I can't think of anywhere else where this type of promotion of someone's private business is permitted. Come September you can add to all this her performance at the Jazz show she is arranging. By all means do all these things but don't share it with viewers who are tuning in for some telly shopping, it's not relevant.

Well I've just had a look on youtube at the 'Retreat', (I know, I need a hobby), and it looks very basic to me and not where I would want to go for 'only £80 a night'.

It's going up to £90 in May but to be fair it does include 3 meals cooked for you by Debbie!

I'm surprised she hasn't been on Four In A Bed - I wonder if there's something in her contract preventing it?

I Just had a look at it out of curiosity, it's not very luxurious, but it's pretty goood value as it includes 3 meals, snacks & laundry!

Give me a Premier Inn any day of the week, and if it's a Debbie Flint free zone, they can name their price.

I change the channel when adverts come up on 'normal' TV and now she is turning QVC into ITV etc. with her adverts every few minutes. I used to avoid shows when she was presenting because I couldn't stand her pushy sales 'technique' but, after catching her non- stop references to the dratted retreat and the dogs' charity she's linked to, I don't bother watching at all now even if it's a show that I'm interested in. She's singlehandedly saved me a fortune.

And it's about time that she was 'reined in,' in my opinion.

I must admit, I'd love to "go undercover" and try the Retreat out for a couple of days. But I'm worried they pipe soft music into the rooms while you sleep, overlaid with whispering from Debbie, so you wake up brainwashed, thinking Flinty's perfect and signing up to Facebook so you can broadcast the fact.

I think it's more a cult (I said cult but er......) than a retreat, after one nights stay you wake up and decide you only ever want to shop on QVC and read Debbie Flints slutty "novels".......noooooooooooo!!! :mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13:

She is so blatant about plugging all things DF that I reckon it must be in her contract that she can. Otherwise she would have been stopped by now, given all the complaints, surely??? I am always annoyed if she is presenting a show I want to watch.

Well I can't bear to watch her at all so I only know what I read on here. I gathered that she'd moved to Devon and was working at qvc part time as well as writing trashy books and being a fitness guru. Didn't know about the b&b. Publicising herself endlessly on vendors precious tv time is ridiculous so I wonder (hopefully) if the new arrangement with q might not be working out and she's getting as many blows in as she can before they disconnect her for the last time. As for the b&b, tripadvisor will proclaim. I'm not keen on b&bs anyway because I like my space and don't want chummy chit chat over breakfast and will not be in any danger of darkening her door. I hope she's a better landlady than author and may her guests demand that all their sausages be fried by her own fair hand and she disappears happily into the countryside asap.

We are 9.5 minutes into the TSV launch and already I've learned that DF's Devon retreat is also a B&B, it has thick cobb walls and is in a place called Sheepwatch. That must be a few ££ thousand worth of free publicity for her.

She still hasn't told us if the laptop has Bluetooth, or pointed out that delivery is not 3-5 but 7-10 working days. These 2 facts were divulged 3 minutes after the English Tourist Board infommercial.

The young guest has nervously zipped through his presentation at a rate of knots, tripping over his words and being shouted over by DF reading out and describing the colours.

Presentation over and I'm none the wiser as to whether this would be good enough to replace my desktop. I know it will play Netflix but no idea if it can take on my complex spreadsheets. I think he said it has 2 USB ports but this was glossed over.

Not a very satisfactory presentation from my viewpoint.

I saw the same presentation Erics Mum and I have to agree with you. I would add in Debbie's defence (and I don't usually defend her) that she did keep prompting the guest with what the laptop had but I do agree that she didn't need to slot in about the retreat.

I did feel for the guest because he was obviously nervous and I didn't feel that I got as much information as I wanted. I have a Lenovo I bought from QVC a couple of years ago and the casing is broken and its stuck together with tape which I am looking to replace and it does go at snailspace, in fact it doesn't keep up with my typing.

Anyway I am going to have another look later when perhaps we will have another presenter and see if I can glean any more information before I make my decision. I know Lee Holbein is a pain but he certainly gives you a lot of information about a product which unfortunately was sadly lacking last night.

I Just had a look at it out of curiosity, it's not very luxurious, but it's pretty goood value as it includes 3 meals, snacks & laundry!

A couple of the rooms had a bed in, and a made up mattress on the floor. For £80 a night I would expect a base under my bed. :mysmilie_17:

I think it's more a cult (I said cult but er......) than a retreat, after one nights stay you wake up and decide you only ever want to shop on QVC and read Debbie Flints slutty "novels".......noooooooooooo!!! :mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13:

Exactly! I am tempted though, honestly. They'd probably vet me, unfortunately, and if they check ST.com, could work out who I am from the name (if I could rewind, I'd give myself the ST username Willbuyanyoldshitatanyprice, then I'd get the VIP suite at The Retreat). Of course, if I go, I shall be reporting back to my dear fellow forum members.

Latest posts

Back