Gower House (solid gold plated?) chocolate brownies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
£21.00 for 12 small chocolate brownies? Here we go again, where do they get these prices from? OK, I don't think there was any p & p (which is something), but as I only glanced at the screen for a minute or so I can't be sure. Husband pointed out that there were three strawberries garnishing the plate of brownies in front of Charlie Brook - the ones that he hadn't eaten, that is - and said 'perhaps you get those as well?' I'd want the strawberries to be solid gold plated as well, if so.

How difficult is it to make, or buy, really nice choccy brownies for half that price - and it wouldn't risk the arrival of a box full of bits or crumbs?

Last edited:
I make chocolate brownies for our grandchildren and it's not rocket science. For a tray of twelve it probably costs about £3 or less depending which chocolate I use. Of course the companies who make them get their ingredients at cost price so possibly even cheaper. I don't know how they justify the price they charge on Q.

They are very nice, have tried them at Good Food Show, would order direct and not from Q, good bit cheaper!!

Because they can!

And people still buy them.

They are very nice, have tried them at Good Food Show, would order direct and not from Q, good bit cheaper!!

I've ordered them direct too - we have them as a treat when my OH & me go to my parents caravan for the weekend (only a couple of times a year). I'm not a big fan of brownies or chocolate but these are lovely.

I usually order them direct for Valentines Day, Birthday etc for my Scandi Prince who is a whizz in the kitchen but admits these are the best brownies ever. I am not a brownies fan but I love these. They are a special treat & a bit different than a posh box of chocolates & last a little longer too!

I have bought them direct from Gower for my husband, he loves brownies but is very fussy about the degree of crunch versus squidge and he says these are perfect!

Personally I hate the things.

My local coffee shop is linked to a "proper" bakery and they charge £2 a brownie.

Buying this sort of thing is down to personal choice.

I don't think anyone should be made to feel "bad" about how they spend their money!

Latest posts

Back