Someone Please Buy The New Presenters a Dictionary And A Thesaurus

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

VapidStoat

Registered Shopper
Is anyone else getting bored of the newer presenters trying to big up whatever they're selling by using convoluted and overblown descriptions. Like every other selly telly presenter you may be thinking. And I agree, except Mark, Rachel and company try using words in a way that make no sense, and gets rather surreal.

Watching Mark flog some pricey diamond earrings, and as well as being the best things since sliced bread, these earrings will "add legacy" apparently. I haven't a clue what that means, and if presenters can't use words correctly when they're waffling on, why should I trust their jewellery knowledge?

Bring back Derek Marks!!

And speaking of Mark, he has just showed a pair of opal clinber earrings. They had a post and butterfly, and also a strange hook attachment at the other end. All Mark said was that the opals look like jelly, and that you didn't need to have piercings to wear them. I couldn't work out how they would be worn with the extraneous metal, or without having pierced ears. But Mark couldn't be bothered explaining, he just started talking up the next item and the sale finished without anyone buying. It's surreal.

Mark is now flogging a gaudy ring at an "irreplaceable price". He possibly means an "unrepeatable price". Or he is an alumnus of The Pop Peter of Simon School of Unintelligible Telly Selling

It is annoying when they use words so incorrectly.Are they trying to baffle us with words to cover up the fact the goods are not as outstanding as they would have us believe?They are selling lower price jewellery for the most part,not heirloom pieces.Just describe them with accuracy,give the price then move on.

It is annoying when they use words so incorrectly.Are they trying to baffle us with words to cover up the fact the goods are not as outstanding as they would have us believe?They are selling lower price jewellery for the most part,not heirloom pieces.Just describe them with accuracy,give the price then move on.

You're expecting WAY too much. Was very telling at the end of Mark's shift; he was extremely apologetic at "not providing what people wanted to buy". Something tells me Mark was expected to clear loads more of the pricier stuff than he did. I suspect TJC is going the IW way with sales. Maybe the diversifying into beauty and knick-knacks and scarves hasn't been paying off as well as the TJC owners hoped?

I have lost all interest in TJC apart from the odd channel hop.I havent watched any of the newer presenters.I caught Chloe Marshall yesterday and she looked a bit forlorn trying to sell stuff in the "flash sale ". I think she prefers selling the higher end stones which are few and far between now.

Latest posts

Back