Another Yankee show cancelled!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mazza

Registered Shopper
I had set the recorder as always for a YC show and noticed it wasn't working. So I checked and it is a Karcher show. They cancelled YC last minute a few weeks ago IIRC. And in the last couple of shows I watched, they only had about four items over the whole hour.... well I say hour, they cut across early to the TSV both times I think.

What is going on? No brand ambassador available???

PS ANd at 4.25 it is still showing as YC on the Q TV guide!

Yes, I switched on to watch the Yankee hour too. Dale said it was a change to the advertised show or something like that. You are right about the cutting short of previous shows too, what is going on?

Comments made on Q's FB page so let's see what waffle Q replies with - makes me wonder if maybe the new brand ambassador has been given the shove too

:wonder:

I had set the recorder as always for a YC show and noticed it wasn't working. So I checked and it is a Karcher show. They cancelled YC last minute a few weeks ago IIRC. And in the last couple of shows I watched, they only had about four items over the whole hour.... well I say hour, they cut across early to the
What is going on? No brand ambassador availab

Sure I heard Rosa say that Steven is ill.

I had set the recorder as always for a YC show and noticed it wasn't working. So I checked and it is a Karcher show. They cancelled YC last minute a few weeks ago IIRC. And in the last couple of shows I watched, they only had about four items over the whole hour.... well I say hour, they cut across early to the TSV both times I think.

TV Guide on web is still wrong but App shows Karcher

Sure I heard Rosa say that Steven is ill.

Steven is no longer Yankee guest on Q

qvc cant find a regular replacement should never have let steven go in the first place

The cutting in to shows with the TSV is not restricted to YC it is every show including when YC is the TSV. Very annoying and just one more reason why I rarely watch now.

Yankee shows are pretty boring these days anyway, the same ex-TSV's and votive/tea light sets on repeat, over and over and oooooover again.

they need to find a suitable brand ambassador to replace Stephen - I tried to watch a show with the new lady (I'm sorry, I don't remember her name) but I had to turn off...... shouty pushy incessant chatter from someone who is clearly just flogging her goods - just awful.
If Stephen can't be forgiven for the stupid behaviour of his partner, they need to find someone else who will promote Yankee in the way that the lovely Rosa does, or Stephen did - both genuinely enjoying sharing their love of Yankee Candles in a calm, and relaxing way.

He has been let go(sacked), so no won't be forgiven. In fact seems this the second time the husband went off on social media at people.

I have no interest in Yankee Candles, a friend buys but only from local shops they are always on offer anyway. She sticks to Red Roses and Cinnamon Stick(that are the only ones I ever seen sitting out), she openly says most of the other fragrances are yuck or nothing at all. Yankee burst into the UK and then bumped other brands out of their way, every nic nac shop sold them only, chemists etc. Now I see look alike brands everywhere, think Molton Brown and Hardy and Baily(sp) cheaper but similar smells. The quality of Yankee have gone down big time over the past few years. I wonder has the company been sold and hence the cheaper ingredients, which smoke like mad and yes leave black soot on the jars and up the walls and smell of nothing. Who remembers the statement,"We use fragrance oils right down to the bottom! Other brands only scent the top so you burn and then the smell disappears."? Perfect description of Yankee Candles now.

Apart from the super fans the brands has been going out of fashion for ages now. QVC now see or want to see they are appealing to the middle classes now(hey the Daily Mail did an article:mysmilie_19:), they buy Jo Malone or Diptyque for gifting. :mysmilie_59:

They have changed the TV Guide for yesterday now! Very helpful of them!

There was a Yankee show listed in the TV Guide tomorrow morning but that's gone now too, Mazza. Looks like they're not on again until 5th May.

Oh yes. I already had that in my recording list so will delete it, thanks Andi. I see it is a Fashion Outlet now. I wonder what is going on! I still like YC very much and sincerely hope they don't ditch them.

:mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back