David Emanuel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yesilkedi

Registered Shopper
I happened to catch a bit of the Clogau Gold show the other day with David Emanuel showing off his designs. DB was the presenter and she asked him if he would design a range of clothes for QVC and I suppose now he has left Bon Marche he could. I happened to like his range and have a few pieces in my wardrobe that I thought were reasonably priced but what's the betting if he flogs his range on QVC it will be overpriced?

Another one on his 'uppers' if he's resorted to jewellery designs and flogging his wares on shoppy telly. (yes I know he was part of Bon Marche and they did a stint on IW)

I think he must have browsed the Hot Diamonds website for inspiration for his so called designs. Apart from the supposed "touch" of Welsh gold and a hefty reduction in price, the Hot Diamonds stuff is pretty darned similar and has been around far longer than Diddy David`s range. Is there such a thing as plagiarism in the jewellery world i wonder ?

The Emanuel currency fell in value quite a lot the minute dear Di stepped out of the wedding carriage all crumpled, looking like one of those fussy toilet roll covers that old ladies have.

I think he must have browsed the Hot Diamonds website for inspiration for his so called designs. Apart from the supposed "touch" of Welsh gold and a hefty reduction in price, the Hot Diamonds stuff is pretty darned similar and has been around far longer than Diddy David`s range. Is there such a thing as plagiarism in the jewellery world i wonder ?

Yes, i completely agree with you. That's just what i thought when i saw his collection. I cannot believe the prices Clogau were charging for his hideous pieces.

Totally agree with some previous comments, a has been designer who is trying everything to make a crust.You obviously remember with all the hype with Diana's wedding dress the anticipation & the the hush when she stepped out of the coach---(horror!)

Anyone remember Elizabeth Emanuel on the early days of Q ?
She was selling fizzy wine and boxes of chocs...with her name on them.

A friend likes Bon Marche, so we were in there last Summer, they had David Emanuel perfume by the till for £1.50, don't think they could give the stuff away :mysmilie_62:

It may have been 'of its time', but we all thought at the time it was something out of a nightmare ! crumpled and not at all elegant. In later years, something to be worn on My Big Gypsy Wedding ! Just imagine what sort of dress she would have had if she had married even 10 years later, with the figure she possessed.

Latest posts

Back