Pink under tone foundations in short supply.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tarketta, I'm not sure where to start, apart from looking on YouTube. It would be handy it was in the shops.

Does anyone know if it’s sold on High Street?

Unfortunately not, it may be available in stores in Canada but it's only being introduced into the UK now and only online at least for the time being - that link I posted was about the only decent one I could find with swatches but I'm sure more info will become available soon as the foundations are launched.

It's hopeless if you're very, very pale. They don't seem to consider English skins at all, just push the American yellow based theme as Donna says. I remember it being Bobbi Brown who started to push it too, same as Ll should wear brown eyeshadows. She brought out lots of eyeshadow palettes that were all various shades of brown ie " nude".
Getting nearly as bad on the dreaded HS, even Boots own brand. Their palest shade, which they matched me to as they didn't do a paler, makes me look dirty.
Yes, me too Breeze. I think that Calico is their palest shade.

Unfortunately not, it may be available in stores in Canada but it's only being introduced into the UK now and only online at least for the time being - that link I posted was about the only decent one I could find with swatches but I'm sure more info will become available soon as the foundations are launched.

Thanks for the link Tarketta, I've omitted to look at it on my first reading it. I have now.

I am yellow toned but my daughter is pink toned. When she was shopping for her wedding makeup she had "matches" done by Urban Decay, it did not go well! Perhaps they can only cope with yellow toned skin. She was sorted eventually by an older assistant, maybe that's the answer, the younger ones don't have a clue!

I once went for a consultation at a Clinique counter which was also a kind of mini makeover too and I ended up looking like an oompa loompa. The girl who did it was basically a teenager and I should have known from her own tango coloured face that it wasn`t going to end well.

Yes, me too Breeze. I think that Calico is their palest shade.

Yes, it was Calico they matched me to.
Thinking it must be a good match, they were so sure, I bought two different ones in different formulations, same colour. Hopeless. Too dark & muddy looking when I put it on, made my skin look grey/yellow & dirty.
Being an English brand you'd think they'd cater for us.

Yes, it was Calico they matched me to.
Thinking it must be a good match, they were so sure, I bought two different ones in different formulations, same colour. Hopeless. Too dark & muddy looking when I put it on, made my skin look grey/yellow & dirty.
Being an English brand you'd think they'd cater for us.

I thought that also it highlighted every tiny line on the skin, probably was too drying. But I love their 'stay perfect' eye shades in pencils and use daily since they were recommended on this forum.

I once went for a consultation at a Clinique counter which was also a kind of mini makeover too and I ended up looking like an oompa loompa. The girl who did it was basically a teenager and I should have known from her own tango coloured face that it wasn`t going to end well.

I didn't have a positive experience at Clinique counter either, the shades suggested to me were not right for my skin.

I remember reading on a beauty forum(US one), a woman said she went to a department store and was offered a make up at Clinique(I am sure it was the brand?). Anyway after she rushed to the toilets to wash her face, they had used so much heavy foundation and make up she looked like a hooker. :mysmilie_17: She did wear makeup every day herself but like a soft natural look.

Nicole thingy from Girls Aloud had a very pale make up range in Boots, but it was discontinued.

I have a friend who has true Celtic colouring(think Snow White), black hair and blue eyes. Her skin is really really pale and she works in SpaceNK but has trouble with many brands being too dark for her.

I thought that also it highlighted every tiny line on the skin, probably was too drying. But I love their 'stay perfect' eye shades in pencils and use daily since they were recommended on this forum.

Yes, I love those eye sticks too, think it was me who mentioned finding them. I especially like the Velvet Truffle colour, not as sparkly as the others & stock up on them, & the lip crayons, when they give out the vouchers.
Their foundations are rubbish though, well for really pale people.

As someone with very pale porcelain skin with pinky blue undertones I can only agree with everything that's been said. I just don't bother wearing foundation now, I'd rather let my imperfections show through than looking like I'm wearing a yellowy mask. At a push I'll wear LG B&B in porcelain or BM in fair, but neither really suit my skin type and irritate me after a while.

For a country with so many pale people I can't understand why we aren't properly catered for. The high street is worse for it than luxury brands in my opinion.

As someone with very pale porcelain skin with pinky blue undertones I can only agree with everything that's been said. I just don't bother wearing foundation now, I'd rather let my imperfections show through than looking like I'm wearing a yellowy mask. At a push I'll wear LG B&B in porcelain or BM in fair, but neither really suit my skin type and irritate me after a while.

For a country with so many pale people I can't understand why we aren't properly catered for. The high street is worse for it than luxury brands in my opinion.

I agree, I don't wear foundation now, I just put a tiny dot of Laura Geller Real Deal Concealer in Light (not from QVC) on my cheeks (facial ones :mysmilie_17:) and I buff that in. It takes the redness right down and bring my cheeks in line with the rest of my face.

Latest posts

Back