What's the obsession with "boutique hotel kinda look"

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Loveinamist

Registered Shopper
Doesn't express cosy comfort to me, sharp edged grey, silver grey, gunmetal whatever, give me warm tones and curves any day.

Well the re-tit is anything but boutique so she is talking through her arse. It's quite basic going by the photos and you can bet it's even more drab in real life.

More Stilton than Hilton, especially if all the cheesy presenters stay over. Could you imagine if Simon Dairylee stayed there, how fattening is cheese, I put on ten pounds just looking at him.

Agree. It gives Flinty an excuse to mention her B&B again though.

Which she did over and again during the Join show.She got five stars from a customer for her meal she prepared .Its all on her blog including the recipe etc etc blah blah.
She really is the most irritating self publicist.

Which she did over and again during the Join show.She got five stars from a customer for her meal she prepared .Its all on her blog including the recipe etc etc blah blah.
She really is the most irritating self publicist.

Oh hell, really? I could puke.

I'm fast becoming Mrs Meldrew from Milton Keynes ! as I've been complaining to QVC on a regular basis lately. I shot off an email concerning the unnecessary chit chat and still awaiting a reply. So now I'm firing off another one to complain about self promotion being unacceptable on a shopping channel. Watch this space.

I'm fast becoming Mrs Meldrew from Milton Keynes ! as I've been complaining to QVC on a regular basis lately. I shot off an email concerning the unnecessary chit chat and still awaiting a reply. So now I'm firing off another one to complain about self promotion being unacceptable on a shopping channel. Watch this space.

I don't belieeeeeeve it!

Well done, Brissles. Let us know if you hear back (assuming they can handle this grown-up style of communication) and how many kisses they put at the end of emails.

As promised, here's the reply from QVC. I get the feeling I received a '2 finger in the air job' !!...........

"Thank you for contacting QVC.

I am sorry to hear that you have not enjoyed some of the presenters commentary during their shows.

I’ve passed your feedback onto the relevant department.

We really appreciate feedback from our customers as this only assists us in making improvements in the future."

As promised, here's the reply from QVC. I get the feeling I received a '2 finger in the air job' !!...........

"Thank you for contacting QVC.

I am sorry to hear that you have not enjoyed some of the presenters commentary during their shows.

I’ve passed your feedback onto the relevant department.

We really appreciate feedback from our customers as this only assists us in making improvements in the future."

Yes, definitely a massive Fibby Flint shaped two fingered salute reply. I think it's absolutely disgusting to disrespect their customers that keep them in employment by giving them replies like this.

Here is the message I sent, which warranted the textbook reply............

"Can I suggest that Presenters refrain from self promoting their outside interests whilst on air ! In the past there has been the promotion of books by Julia Roberts and Debbie Flint, and now we have the aggressive marketing of Debbie Flint's B & B in Devon ! In the Join clothing show today (25/4) there was endless chat about her cooking prowess and pointers to her recipes on her blog. I and no doubt many other viewers DO NOT tune in for this ! and wonder how its allowed to occur. Surely their job is to present the items on air, for us, the viewers to buy, and not to get free publicity for their own gains. Ms Flint in particular seems to be a law unto herself - why do management allows this ? This never happened a few years ago, but now the off button gets pressed when the conversation turns to iPad compliments and blatant self promotion."

Here is the message I sent, which warranted the textbook reply............

"Can I suggest that Presenters refrain from self promoting their outside interests whilst on air ! In the past there has been the promotion of books by Julia Roberts and Debbie Flint, and now we have the aggressive marketing of Debbie Flint's B & B in Devon ! In the Join clothing show today (25/4) there was endless chat about her cooking prowess and pointers to her recipes on her blog. I and no doubt many other viewers DO NOT tune in for this ! and wonder how its allowed to occur. Surely their job is to present the items on air, for us, the viewers to buy, and not to get free publicity for their own gains. Ms Flint in particular seems to be a law unto herself - why do management allows this ? This never happened a few years ago, but now the off button gets pressed when the conversation turns to iPad compliments and blatant self promotion."

Great message from you, brissles. Nothing is likely to change, unfortunately, but if nobody complains at all, it definitely won't change so well done you. I might send a letter or email myself - trouble is, I don't watch enough to get examples of the self-promotion, especially DF whom I avoid at all times.

Latest posts

Back