Diamonique and solid gold

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Loveinamist

Registered Shopper
AK has just said that apart from the 2ct solitaire and gold ring in the show more pieces in solid gold will be coming shortly.

They used to all be in 14ct gold or even platinum when I first started watching. Then gold prices went through the roof and suddenly it was all 'vermeil'. I had some good, solid pieces once upon a time, which I resold for good money when I stopped wearing rings.

Although everyone hankers after the gold Eek I feel that they won't be prepared to pay the prices.

That's the problem. You're paying for gold but only getting an imitation stone that if you should want to sell it usually brings very little, auction houses put low estimates on them, when for the same price you could get a gold ring set with a stone like amethyst, citrine, topaz which holds its value.

The price they now charge for silver diamonique is what we used to get the 14ct back in the day. The silver range was well under £20 back then.

I used to buy real gem rings and earrings in 9ct from QVC back in the day and yes they where the price they charge for silver diamonique now. Unless they put the 9ct gold stuff on easy pay no one will buy it at current prices.

I have quite a few pieces from those days ,lots of earrings and a very beautiful 14 ct gold diamonique tennis bracelet which def would have been below £100 which now would be hard to think of.Many a times I wanted to sell them but glad I did not .

Diamonique and solid gold

The three pieces I have got are 14ct gold, I bought them at least 10/15yrs ago, I have no idea how much I paid for them, but I know for sure I would not buy gold Diamonique at todays prices.

The thing is their "solid gold" wouldn`t be that solid nowadays. Razor thin, barely a gram or two and hardly worth the asking price. The old pieces would have had a decent weight to them but any new pieces will be made with as little gold as they can get away with.

I remember about 10 years ago they used to see an Eek necklace in silver which was very big (TBH anything less than a grand gala ball would have been out of place) and I remember is was a few pence under £100 which at the time I thought "****** hell for fake stones"

Now there are several uninspiring items over this value.

I bought a wide 9ct gold ring about 12 ago from Q.

It was hollow and wafer thin, and dented very easily.

It only weighed 1 gram, and today that gold amount is only worth £11 even at today's prices.

It cost far more than that even all those years ago.

I bought a wide 9ct gold ring about 12 ago from Q.

It was hollow and wafer thin, and dented very easily.

It only weighed 1 gram, and today that gold amount is only worth £11 even at today's prices.

It cost far more than that even all those years ago.

Should have returned the blighter strato, with a nice big dent in it to get the message across.

Latest posts

Back