15 minutes rule

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
According to Del Boy the basket cancels out at 15 minutes now.

So it used to be half an hour, then 20mins now 15. Or just another hard sell tactic?

Well according to the basket it is still 30 so someone is telling porkie pies.

I think it depends on how good a seller it is as I have stuff stay there for days!

I find her a bl.....dy nuisance quite frankly.

AND so the chit-chat continues, very noticeable that all presenters seem to make an effort to create 'a conversation' other than selling the wares. For no apparent reason on the Michele Hope hour, Flinty just happened to mention that a Spiritualist told her she could expect to have a Richard Gere lookalike come into her life ! there then followed 2-3 minutes of nonsensical talk while we were shown the models strutting, and then it went onto another item before their conversation ended. This is all getting stupid now.

I find her a bl.....dy nuisance quite frankly.

AND so the chit-chat continues, very noticeable that all presenters seem to make an effort to create 'a conversation' other than selling the wares. For no apparent reason on the Michele Hope hour, Flinty just happened to mention that a Spiritualist told her she could expect to have a Richard Gere lookalike come into her life ! there then followed 2-3 minutes of nonsensical talk while we were shown the models strutting, and then it went onto another item before their conversation ended. This is all getting stupid now.

She should be so lucky more like Alf Garnett

15 minutes is more than adequate for me to think about what I'm considering buying and more often than not, it's enough time to persuade me against! Thanks QVC, it's saved me a fortune - own goal!

sometimes if it's a jewellery show and something takes my fancy but I'd like to see if something more tempting comes up later in the show

I get around it by moving any old thing in and out of the basket as it is only if the basket is idle for the time that it gets kicked out.

With me it's more that Del Boy misleading the time (by 50%), or Q is misleading by their words on the website

It is 30 minutes and even says so on the webpage when you add item to your basket!!!!

She's most definitely the queen of hard sell. Ahhh if only there was a Debbie Flint 15 minute rule, that she can only do her market stall "get yours now!" "buy one! buy two!" and the all time classic "were d'yeh wanna send it? how d'yeh wanna pay?" for fifteen minutes a week.

She is talking pish as usual. How do I know for a fact? Well when I was ordering the Tarte Concealer last week I got to the final checkout page and it would not do it. My screen was not frozen as my cursor etc moved, so I phoned CS and the lady put the order through for me. Then she said, "Just leave this one in your basket. It will just fall off in 30 minutes."

Rather tired of hearing this 15 minute rule being mentioned all the time!!!

I you like something and want it you buy immediately! If you miss out, then hey ho!!!

QVC like to take away our thinking time. They did away with cheques as a payment method (obviously well outmoded now) as people used to use it as a means of reserving stock, then would just cancel whichever items they subsequently decided they didn't want. I can understand why they had to do something about it, as it was becoming quite a big problem for them that people would fill their baskets with all the items on air, only to discard most of it at the end of the hour. The Lola Rose shows went through a stage where every item was "selling out" ridiculously quickly - to the point where they had to finish some shows early - only for all the items to become available again at the end of the hour, when everyone had made their decisions and edited their baskets. However, the presenters should not be allowed to mislead people into believing that their basket will time out sooner than it actually does.

sometimes if it's a jewellery show and something takes my fancy but I'd like to see if something more tempting comes up later in the show

I get around it by moving any old thing in and out of the basket as it is only if the basket is idle for the time that it gets kicked out.

With me it's more that Del Boy misleading the time (by 50%), or Q is misleading by their words on the website

For a while they had a clock on there, pushily counting down the 30mins you had left. Like you, I got around this by adding any old thing to my basket, to restart the time. They then changed it so that the timer was no longer affected by this, and continued to count down from the time you added your first item to the basket. The timer has now gone, so I don't know whether they now restart your 30mins each time you add an additional item or not. I'm a great one for a virtual basket, particularly during the Lola Rose hours, where I want everything but obviously can't afford it all (I was part of the above problem!!) If the pictures on the website were more representative of colours, size etc (know measurements are given, but it always helps to see someone wearing the item), it'd be easier to make decisions ahead of the show. Many items only have photos of some of the colour options, and the TV is much more indicative of how the colours look in real life than the website.

15 minutes is more than adequate for me to think about what I'm considering buying and more often than not, it's enough time to persuade me against! Thanks QVC, it's saved me a fortune - own goal!

Yes, I won't be rushed. If my basket's about to time out and I'm still unsure about some bits, I just check out with the definites and leave the rest.

Caught a look at that Pure Potions show the other day and Craig was begging and pleading for you to buy the moisturiser, he didn't want you to miss out bless him, but he didn't have to worry though, it's still available. He's a good friend of Debbie Flint, say no more.

Caught a look at that Pure Potions show the other day and Craig was begging and pleading for you to buy the moisturiser, he didn't want you to miss out bless him, but he didn't have to worry though, it's still available. He's a good friend of Debbie Flint, say no more.

He certainly is another presenter who needs to be switched off before 15 minutes .Pretends to be a friend to all but just as hard sell as Fibby.The only potion I'd like is one to make him,Fibs,and 95%of the others disappear.Pooooof!!!Gone!!Haha.

I think everyone has to be a good friend to Del Boy....... I bet no one dares take her on! I saw Pure Potions some time ago, and he was pleading then. It did sound quite an interesting brand but they don't really promote it do they? To check I had the right brand I have just looked at their A-Z list and discovered there are LOADS of brands they do that I have never heard of. I wonder if the ones which don't go on air sell very well.

I think everyone has to be a good friend to Del Boy....... I bet no one dares take her on! I saw Pure Potions some time ago, and he was pleading then. It did sound quite an interesting brand but they don't really promote it do they? To check I had the right brand I have just looked at their A-Z list and discovered there are LOADS of brands they do that I have never heard of. I wonder if the ones which don't go on air sell very well.

I agree, the cheaper ones get good reviews and hardly ever on air, the expensive ones are always on and seem to get rubbish reviews, so it's probably a nice big fat percentage of sales that QVC aim for as opposed to customer satisfaction, but we know that anyway.

Latest posts

Back