Whose the idiot here?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
That question is easily answered--ME! After decrying from my lofty perch many times 'I am cutting my QVC shopping--not paying all that P&P what do I do? last week I had a flurry under the excuse of 'spoiling myself/I deserve' I ordered several jewellery items.They arrived yesterday & were into the post again this morning at a cost of over £15 Tracked/signed for etc.So I have slipped off the wagon but now am back on the perch & have resumed the high handed attitude.The best thing is I unpacked these items, looked & thought 'What the ??'. I wouldn't have given them a second look if I had been on the dreaded High St.-- far too expensive/ don't want & wouldn't have needed the 30 day MBG & the cost that goes with it.I am a weak & foolish human!!

My name is Akimbo and I'm an idiot too! I could have written that post myself! Every so often I succumb and then give myself a severe talking to!

My name is Tarketta and I'm an idiot too - after many posts on this forum announcing my determination to cut back my spending, I went berserk (also under the guise of 'treating myself') and forked out over £300 on beauty products I didn't have any need of (first time I've admitted that sum to myself, gulp) and now have easy pays stretching well into July. I can't even bring myself to send any of it back but I did cancel some advanced orders I'd been clinging onto.

Bad Tarketta, BAD Tarketta.

That question is easily answered--ME! After decrying from my lofty perch many times 'I am cutting my QVC shopping--not paying all that P&P what do I do? last week I had a flurry under the excuse of 'spoiling myself/I deserve' I ordered several jewellery items.They arrived yesterday & were into the post again this morning at a cost of over £15 Tracked/signed for etc.So I have slipped off the wagon but now am back on the perch & have resumed the high handed attitude.The best thing is I unpacked these items, looked & thought 'What the ??'. I wouldn't have given them a second look if I had been on the dreaded High St.-- far too expensive/ don't want & wouldn't have needed the 30 day MBG & the cost that goes with it.I am a weak & foolish human!!

Did you return each item separately?
I return in bulk - via Hermes for less than £3 ( I put a copy of the barcoded return slips on the outside and the originals attached to each item on the inside)

But yes I think we're all has our weak moments and regret kicks in when the packages arrive

Hope you've emailed them to say they are being returned under the old DSR so at least you'll get some of your postage back

Ive done it too despite saying I'm cured of the dreaded impulse buying. I still have the odd flurry but I keep asking myself why do I need this and it works ,just not all the time.

I'm not as bad as someone whose review I read for the Bibi Bijoux scarves, She was not happy with the cheap material, she had bought three but she wont return because she cannot be bothered to pack them up and return .That is how Q get away with selling poor quality.

I return everything that I don't like.

I have bought one thing in months, the Tarte Shape Tape. But I googled reviews etc before making a decision. I like it so will keep, my next order well don't hold your breath. With jewellery etc its much harder you just have to go with what QVC are telling you about the item.

You are not idiots, just brainwashed by QVC.

Ive done it too despite saying I'm cured of the dreaded impulse buying. I still have the odd flurry but I keep asking myself why do I need this and it works ,just not all the time.

I'm not as bad as someone whose review I read for the Bibi Bijoux scarves, She was not happy with the cheap material, she had bought three but she wont return because she cannot be bothered to pack them up and return .That is how Q get away with selling poor quality.

I return everything that I don't like.

She must have nearly £100.00 to waste then.
Someone on the Q page asked if they could return a few items in the same package and they were advised to send them separately.

I took the cure a long time ago thank goodness. Just 2 purchases last year and none as yet this year. If I went into a bricks and mortar shop and had to take actual cash out of my purse to pay for something then no way would I pay over the odds or accept poor quality or pay out oodles of money for cosmetics I wouldn`t use or buy something which didn`t fit me correctly.
I was once a regular QVC shopper but sadly these days their quality is dire, their value for money is rarely there and it`s far more convenient to use other websites where I can order, try, buy if I wish to, return items if I don`t and am not at risk of the classroom rap across the knuckles with " the letter " nor do I have to pay out pots of money for delivery or returns.
Plus QVC`s presenters get right on my pip and their choice of products is pretty poor these days. To be honest they haven`t got a lot going for them in the grand scheme of things and more and more people are becoming disenchanted with them.

I also find that I go berserk after not shopping for a while. Also not watching the channel helps a lot.
Last time I went mad on Mally even though I knew that the brand didn't suit me, I was under the impression that the brand had improved.

I am a fool as well emailed them regarding the faulty studio10 kit and still waiting for a response. They say allowl 5 days for them to respond:mysmilie_10: honestly they are rubbish when it comes to complaints. I can't be bothered calling them would rather do it by email but 5 days:mysmilie_13:

I've NEARLY cured my addiction to Q, order very little and watch even less.

If only I could cut out eBay and DHS I would be on the pigs back.

Oh well, one step at a time, only another 11 steps to go!

I fell off the wagon and ordered the recent Ninja TSV, despite having the previous model already.

But the new one is much better and more versatile, and very much cheaper than elsewhere.

Trouble is, I now have to find somewhere to store the old one. However, I now have loads of spare cups etc (and the cups DO wear out and become unusable, Ninja have replaced some free, excellent service, but they shouldn't wear in the way they did).

I use it almost every day, so that is my excuse, it is not hidden from OH at the back of the wardrobe!

Looks as though we need Vienna to arrange a 'Retreat' ( NO not THAT one) where we are not released until cured & sign the pledge never to watch or order from Q again.
As Loveallthingsitalian has asked me what I ordered I will come clean only accepting that this is my first step in getting clean
2 Bibbi B items 309317 a heavy charm bracelet/ 310087 necklace with leather detail & DMQ wrap ring 309745.The Bibbi pieces are SOOOO not me ( I am as far away from the image of Ms Bibbi balls as you could get).There I feel better already--don't count the amount up please but I can have a short break with that cash!

I took the cure a long time ago thank goodness. Just 2 purchases last year and none as yet this year. If I went into a bricks and mortar shop and had to take actual cash out of my purse to pay for something then no way would I pay over the odds or accept poor quality or pay out oodles of money for cosmetics I wouldn`t use or buy something which didn`t fit me correctly.
I was once a regular QVC shopper but sadly these days their quality is dire, their value for money is rarely there and it`s far more convenient to use other websites where I can order, try, buy if I wish to, return items if I don`t and am not at risk of the classroom rap across the knuckles with " the letter " nor do I have to pay out pots of money for delivery or returns.
Plus QVC`s presenters get right on my pip and their choice of products is pretty poor these days. To be honest they haven`t got a lot going for them in the grand scheme of things and more and more people are becoming disenchanted with them.

Could have written this myself! I used to go mad buying all sorts of 'beauty' nonsense that cost a bomb and would go off before I got around to it, make up I never wore, etc. I stopped watching the channel years ago, that was my best move. If I'm tempted by anything online, I come on here to see what people are thinking, and that's usually enough to make me open my eyes!
These days I buy from them rarely, and only items I know I use regularly - like the ABC TSV. The biggest purchase in ages was the Karcher floor washer, but I'm super pleased with that, and Q, for once, did have the best price on it.

Trying to curtail spending.... lol! Have lots of nail polish which is lovely but a bad buy as can't wear it at work. I have been tempted (and given in) to Yankee and abc. I have enough now to last me the year. (Note to self - remember this!) Still like qvc as it is upbeat company when I am at home

Latest posts

Back