The Huntley and her dress. Err, jumpsuit

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've heard lots of people claim they don't iron anything. I don't get it myself as most of my clothes do need ironing but she's not the only one to say this.

I've heard lots of people claim they don't iron anything. I don't get it myself as most of my clothes do need ironing but she's not the only one to say this.

Whilst I'm not crazy about the actual ironing I would be even less happy with clothes which hadn't been ironed. Maybe that stems from having to wear smart clothes all my working life.

Working at Q and not being the sharpest knife in the drawer, she might have thought it was the latest fashion from one of their 10-year-old "fashion designers" - perhaps a low-slung belt ("so on trend", dontcha know)

How in gods name could any sane person not wonder what the other "leg" was for? The woman is certifiable

I don't iron anything I wear or bedlinen. If a garment looks like it will need ironing to look decent I leave it on the shop rail for someone who doesn't mind ironing.

It means the famous "crisp white shirt" the stylists forever blether on about (which QVC mysteriously never seem to sell) cannot be in my wardrobe, and I have managed a knack of drying my laundry to prevent wrinkles and creases. I look smart enough and definitely not crumpled and rumpled.

I used to iron but it killed my back and was, in my view, a penance and a total waste of time. I still have the iron somewhere but it was last used, by a guest, over 10 years ago. I gave my ironing board away.

If I ever change to a job requiring crisp white shirts, I would have to consign them to my local launderette who have an excellent service for shirts. It won't be cheap but I'm not torturing my back again.

I'm another who never uses an iron. Even when I was working I rarely used one. I do admit to tumble drying everything though, so clothes don't get creased.

I still have an iron because I use it when quilting, but the last time I ironed any clothes was at least ten years ago. All my clothes can either be washed and hung overnight to dry without any creases (the wonder of elastane), or washed and tumble dried without creases. I don't buy anything that needs to be ironed. Personally I can't understand why people still do ironing nowadays. My mum used to iron absolutely everything - even her bras and knickers!

My SIL in Canada irons nothing, comes out of the tumble dryer ready to wear it seems.

I do not iron underwear, bed clothes apart from pillow cases(I did once long ago iron a fitted sheet, never ever again), towels, socks and pyjamas! The rest I turn up the steam and just smack the iron over it.

Latest posts

Back