Yet another Jumpsuit fright night!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
I was watching a bit of the Princess Grace jewellery hour with Mrs Snooty herself (Julia) busily talking over the guest and putting him right, when Jackie looms onto the screen plugging her bit of the "treat yourself day" or whatever. What the hell did she look like and what's with this obsession with jumpsuits they all seem to have at Q? Claire Sutton looked like she was off on safari in some awful version last week, a cross between Bear Grylls and someone who'd run amok in an army surplus shop, and today Jackie's version of "the look" resembled someone who had stood still while having paint bombs flung at them. As if the jumpsuit wasn't bad enough, on her feet looked like cast-off army boots - she looked a total fright and whoever let her go on like that deserves sacking (or, alternatively, immediate promotion to Q fashion buyer?). Is there a competition going on at Q to see who can look the biggest fool? Difficult to say who the winner will be....

The Boots look awful but nothing to the ****** hair.

Have you read the thread about Chuntley and the jumpsuit? That really takes the biscuit

i have just got home after a pleasant day in the dreaded high street and put Q on for a relaxing 10 mins in front of the tv and have seen some of the accessorise with Ashling, dreadful! That poor model in the jumpsuit who had to put the large white hat on and sunglasses, what a sight, and then suggesting that you would wear a jumpsuit to a wedding, perhaps they look good on some but they just don't seem that flattering to me, blooming awful show, and that get up does nothing for JK

LATI, I have read it and laughed my socks off (and my ex-army boots, and my jumpsuit, all obtained from Q at vast expense - not). Have they all taken collective leave of their senses? As for their "barnets", what always amazes me is they are constantly telling us about all these "wonder" hair products - so why do so many of them look as though storks have nested in their hair or they've accidentally collided with an olive oil lorry?

The Boots look awful but nothing to the ****** hair.

Have you read the thread about Chuntley and the jumpsuit? That really takes the biscuit

LATI, I have read it and laughed my socks off (and my ex-army boots, and my jumpsuit, all obtained from Q at vast expense - not). Have they all taken collective leave of their senses? As for their "barnets", what always amazes me is they are constantly telling us about all these "wonder" hair products - so why do so many of them look as though storks have nested in their hair or they've accidentally collided with an olive oil lorry?

Ah, but did you see the stupid Bint's video of it on her twitter page?

I don't know which is worse, the jumpsuit or cold shoulder. Most of the shops stock the cold shoulder and anyone over 25 looks a fright in them

Jackie looked a downright mess when I saw her on an accessories show yesterday, as did Ashling (stylist? having a laugh), as did the model. Why put that gorgeous model in a sort of bathrobe poncho, massive ugly bag and then a silly panama type hat on her head. Ridiculous. Turned over right away much to Mr CC's disappointment as he was finding it very entertaining.

CC

I don't know which is worse, the jumpsuit or cold shoulder. Most of the shops stock the cold shoulder and anyone over 25 looks a fright in them

I hate with a passion the cold shoulder look. A lady in a queue yesterday wore one with a waistcoat over it, why? A tight jumpsuit looks like an outgrown baby romper and a loose one has the look of an elephant. I think JK thought she looked gorgeous yesterday, eyeing the monitor but in my eyes she is too old for the look even though she has a good figure it is a garment for the younger generation. Boiler suit/jumpsuit, horrid things.

Yes, jumpsuits are a look for the younger woman, and don't flatter many people past the age of 20 or so, and as for cold-shoulders I'm sick of the sight of this particular look - will it never end? Perhaps with the news that Bananarama are re-forming, and with all the "Stars of the '80's" tours doing the rounds, Q are hoping that there's a huge 'nostalgia' market out there for the jumpsuits.

I hate with a passion the cold shoulder look. A lady in a queue yesterday wore one with a waistcoat over it, why? A tight jumpsuit looks like an outgrown baby romper and a loose one has the look of an elephant. I think JK thought she looked gorgeous yesterday, eyeing the monitor but in my eyes she is too old for the look even though she has a good figure it is a garment for the younger generation. Boiler suit/jumpsuit, horrid things.

I am in the majority here! I bought a Ronnie Nicole plain short sleeved black jumpsuit years ago & it is probably the most flattering outfit I own! I don't wear it a lot, it's my "go to" when I need to meet friends for a drink/bite to eat & I don't know what to wear. It has the o so slim lining & it makes me look at least one size smaller-hooray! It is easy to get out of when I need to nip to the loo & I tend to wear it with a light jacket/kimono jacket. I have NO wobbly bits wearing this as it holds everything in but is so comfy! I think it's all down to the fit & how you wear it to be honest. It's not very often I think I look nice in anything but I do feel good in this. I held it up last night after all the posts regarding Chuntleys latest jumpsuit saga. Now, even if I'd been indulging in a Pimms or too there is NO WAY I would mistake my jumpsuit for a Maxi Dress & I WOULD LOVE to see how she put it on because I put on my Maxi dresses over my head! The mind really does boggle on this one!!

Latest posts

Back