The CEW Awards Are In(luckily some QVC brands are there)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

donna255

ShoppingTelly Supporter
You know the shows where QVC insist every brand they stock is a winner?

Alison Young tells us she is a fully paid up member of the CEW.

Actually I was worried reading the list at first as no QVC brands even in runner ups(you know we get every QVC brand on the show as a winner when they really might have come 3rd! Just like a certain bestie beauty blogger insisting she won, in fact it was an honourable mention:mysmilie_17:)

So here is the link to the full list of winners runner ups (2nd and 3rd)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-4444340/The-2017-Beauty-Oscars.html

That was very interesting, thank you for the link. I see Burt's Bees got two mass market awards, cleansing oil and lipstick. I never see their full range on display, certainly not in Boots where I get their lip balm (I like the one with pomegranate). I shall have to check out JLP and see if they do it. I might try the oil.

I stand corrected.... just checked Boots online and they sell other stuff, just not in my little local store.

That was very interesting, thank you for the link. I see Burt's Bees got two mass market awards, cleansing oil and lipstick. I never see their full range on display, certainly not in Boots where I get their lip balm (I like the one with pomegranate). I shall have to check out JLP and see if they do it. I might try the oil.

I stand corrected.... just checked Boots online and they sell other stuff, just not in my little local store.

I have bought some lovely Burts Bees gift sets from M & S so may be worth having a peruse next time you are passing. I had one of their lip glosses in a Latest in Beauty box & it's gorgeous!

Burts Bees are having a flash sale until midnight. Use code BBSOCIAL25 for 25% off everything on their site.
https://www.burtsbees.co.uk/

Thanks for the Burts Bees info. I shall look in the large Kingston stores next time I am over to see what they have. I have bookmarked their own site too. I am always on the prowl for (bargain) lipstick and gloss kits so they may do some for Xmas etc.

I have just had a proper look at the award-winners and you're right, Donna: only a few feature on QVC. In fact, I have never heard of many but I'm no beauty industry expert - it's interesting to see what's out there though.

It's commendable that there's an eco-friendly range which aims to discourage wasting water but they have to get the prize for the worst brand name ever: Stop The Water While Using Me (stop-the-water-while-using-me.com) - what a mouthful!

I already stop the water whilst using whatever I use, so no need to buy their stuff! That is for teeth, hair and hand washing mainly. In the shower I tend to stop the water only if I'm using a body scrub.

I already stop the water whilst using whatever I use, so no need to buy their stuff! That is for teeth, hair and hand washing mainly. In the shower I tend to stop the water only if I'm using a body scrub.

Yeah, me too, Mazza. I have a real thing about people leaving the tap running all the time they are brushing their teeth ... WHY?!

Yeah, me too, Mazza. I have a real thing about people leaving the tap running all the time they are brushing their teeth ... WHY?!

When I had a builder here and he helped himself to tea, he always filled the kettle right to the brim! For one cup! I had a total crisis about that because although the water could be reboiled, what was he thinking energy-wise???

I have treated myself to a Mally lipstick/gloss set. I had her 10piece wardrobe but am just at the end and they were great. I used them as glosses but they were sold as liquid lipstick IIRC. 218758 is £27.45 plus £3.95. I hope they are good as the last ones.

I have been down the DHS today in Kingston which is quite a large town and investigated who stocks Burt's Bees lip colour. I found it in JLP but not in M&S or Boots which just sell the usual lip balm and body stuff. The lipstick was unpriced, seemed nice enough but a very limited selection. The lip crayon was unpriced and is actually very glossy, not matte. IIRC they each cost £9 online. The two other things were £6 each. One is a shimmer stick, it is small about like a cigarette. The other fat, stumpy one I think is a tinted lip gloss. I might have bought a few but just got the Mally liquid lipstick collection. But I shall look out for any gift sets on BB which usually work out cheaper per item.

Another cannot stand the water running. In fact they say when cleaning teeth you do not use water at all. You brush with just toothpaste on a dry brush and then spit out at the end. You need to keep the toothpaste in the mouth as it actually helps the teeth. I have been doing this for a while without a problem.

I can vouch for the Aromatherapty Associates Bath Oils - pricey but lovely, OH usually buys me a bottle at Xmas and it lasts ages. Use it when I need a de-stress!

Latest posts

Back