Trust Pilot - Ideal World Is Now Rated At LESS Than 1 out of 10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not their 'best ever year' for reviews then?

Hmmm :thinking:

You know that shop that they often like to compare themselves, and their prices to (when it suits them). I believe it's called 'Argos'?

Their rating is 7.7 out of 10 from over 16,000 reviews. I think I'd rather pay a few pennies more, if in fact they are dearer anyway.

84% of Ideal World's reviews are just 1 Star (the lowest rating possible) which I believe is unprecedented :mysmilie_59:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.argos.co.uk

I see they don't rate much better on the Review Centre

Awful.

I've always said that reviewers are far more likely to post about bad experiences than good but please.....

0.8 out of 10, which Trust Pilot considers to be 'Bad' :mysmilie_13:

I think the flexi pay option is the only reason to put yourself under possible duress of ordering from this shower.

I'd rather save up and buy it from Argos too :mysmilie_59:

I have no doubt there'd be no business if they didn't offer Flexipay (or in Sally Jacks words) 'we accept absolutely anyone' :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0038.JPG

Lets be honest to the posters who post on this forum its not a surprise.

We all post fact after fact after fact day after day on what the presenters say, do, dont do, dont say, should say and shouldnt say, the presenters get away with saying ANYTHING they like whenever it suits a sale, thats a FACT, this isnt simple small mistakes or small embellishments to get a few more sales, the presenters think they are untouchable and should not be questioned or pulled up by us Joe and Josephine publics! They despise us for nagging away at them, they want us all to shut up and trot on.

Look at the presenters its not a fluke this lot are on the smae shopping TV channel, I mean right now the bald bloke is on selling drill bits, so so so aggresive loud angry simply wanting people to buy a product, Then look at the likes of Mr Simon, no words are needed.

IW are in it for the fast buck and to hell with the trail of destruction, we just have to see and hear how they let the sales folk they employ say and do for starters.

Lets be honest to the posters who post on this forum its not a surprise.

We all post fact after fact after fact day after day on what the presenters say, do, dont do, dont say, should say and shouldnt say, the presenters get away with saying ANYTHING they like whenever it suits a sale, thats a FACT, this isnt simple small mistakes or small embellishments to get a few more sales, the presenters think they are untouchable and should not be questioned or pulled up by us Joe and Josephine publics! They despise us for nagging away at them, they want us all to shut up and trot on.

Look at the presenters its not a fluke this lot are on the smae shopping TV channel, I mean right now the bald bloke is on selling drill bits, so so so aggresive loud angry simply wanting people to buy a product, Then look at the likes of Mr Simon, no words are needed.

IW are in it for the fast buck and to hell with the trail of destruction, we just have to see and hear how they let the sales folk they employ say and do for starters.

I couldn't agree more S C O.

The presentation is shocking. I can only assume it's aimed at a certain demographic that associate abject tackiness and hysteria with getting a bargain. But Poundland it most certainly isn't.

You could be forgiven for thinking that Ideal World 'lie' by omission. It's what they don't say that's often the problem (think Bonded Leather). And of course their pricing could easily be considered fanciful but they're not even smart about it, the videos online often show the lower prices they've already been sold for, and regularly so.

Selling is selling I guess, there'll always be 'salesmanship' of varying degrees. It does all seem incredibly schlocky though and could be a clue that this company is in trouble. I guess time will tell.

For balance pretty much all the archaic Selly Telly channels chat bubbles, but perhaps not quite as egregiously as this lot. But as Ideal World is so anonymous these days I suppose not many people really care.

Nevertheless those reviews are terrible. They're the worst I've personally ever seen on Trust Pilot.

How can you not even get 1 out of 10? :mysmilie_13:

I have no doubt there'd be no business if they didn't offer Flexipay (or in Sally Jacks words) 'we accept absolutely anyone' :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 13949

I tend to order most things from the 'retail river', as most things are cheaper, delivery is quick (and usually free) and refunds are returned even before they have received the goods back.

The other big 'selly telly' channel doesn't fair much better, there the biggest bug-bear is the ridiculous P&P costs at least IW are starting to tackle this by using the Asda Returns service.

I do have a very jaundiced view of review websites - I've always believed that they are open to 'manipulation' so should be taken with a bowlful of salt, but I can well believe that IW are getting genuine bad reviews - I watched about 30 seconds of Sal the Screecher the other day, and hard sell wasn't in it. And Barra Boy has always been 'in yer face' from day one. But in fairness to IW, I can't watch any of the selly telly channels for long these days, as they are all going in the same direction - lack of knowledgeable presenters (those that were have left or been pushed), too much screeching and hand-waving, and of course the obligatory downright tale-telling. I can't see that shopping telly will last - it has a smell of sheer desperation hanging over it and surely people will increasingly realise that there are better deals elsewhere online (for example, jewellery buyers: Diamond Heaven offer very good deals on good spec. diamond jewellery, with substantial metal weights in gold or platinum, and Cavendish Jewellers of York have some brilliant deals on second-hand jewellery pieces and free p&p over £100. Gemporia just does not compare anymore).
I tend to order most things from the 'retail river', as most things are cheaper, delivery is quick (and usually free) and refunds are returned even before they have received the goods back.

The other big 'selly telly' channel doesn't fair much better, there the biggest bug-bear is the ridiculous P&P costs at least IW are starting to tackle this by using the Asda Returns service.

Last edited:
Because they keep selling cheap second hand refurbished garbage especially technology. Time this lot either grew a pair or just give up all together. And selling the same old products and same old presenters.

Because they keep selling cheap second hand refurbished garbage especially technology. Time this lot either grew a pair or just give up all together. And selling the same old products and same old presenters.

You say that like it's a bad thing! :mysmilie_11:

Latest posts

Back