Oh my gawd!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Just tuned in to catch whining ol' bagpipes Ann Dawson and cucumber-cold Liz Earle clone Caroline Archer enthusing about some overpriced fragrances. It was almost like watching some bizarre Punch & Judy act. What a pair! Dawson seemed to think that a moment's silence is a cardinal sin and she had to talk in that "I'm being sincere," simpering tone that Lorraine Kelly often does. We learned that Dawson's new daughter-in-law is going to buy her some vetiver candles for Mothers' Day. How lovely! Vetiver is overpowering and cloying, just like Dawbags!

I've noticed that QVC have played around with the flash player. Now one has to have a teeny little screen (about 2 inches) on which one cannot see anything, or full screen - which often buffers and takes up lots of bandwidth. The small screen is a benefit when it comes to Ann Dawson. After all, who wants to see her "nutmeg-grater-rubbed" skin anyway. Moreover, the mute button is more of a benefit so as to avoid her foghorn voice polluting my earways.

Comeon Julius break the habit of a lifetime and say something nice. It is bank holiday weekend

Indeed it is. Have just ordered a bottle of Greased Lightning's "Crystal Clear" - which I would not have known about had it not been for QVC. It's the best glass cleaner bar none and is worth every penny. I just wish QVC would bring more new products and ranges. I think most people would agree that the endless beauty potions and "fashion" could be pared down a little.

I like Ann, she keeps it real which not many of the presenters do nowadays! :mysmilie_14::mysmilie_14::mysmilie_14:

Ann Dawson's been having a pissing contest with whoever's had the misfortune to be on with her this week. She's especially bad when she has to share with another presenter (as on the Lunchtime Show). It's like she's paid by the word. She'd give a good old Glasgow Kiss to anyone who tries to explain anything in "her" time...

I like Ann, she keeps it real which not many of the presenters do nowadays! :mysmilie_14::mysmilie_14::mysmilie_14:

Maybe, but I'm not keen on her nicotine-stained fingers and grating voice. She would not be my number one choice to get rid of, though. There are worse than her.

Ann Dawson's been having a pissing contest with whoever's had the misfortune to be on with her this week. She's especially bad when she has to share with another presenter (as on the Lunchtime Show). It's like she's paid by the word. She'd give a good old Glasgow Kiss to anyone who tries to explain anything in "her" time...

And repeating what Julia had just said.

I don't mind Ann too much compared to many of the others.The thought of her dishing out a 'Glasgow Kiss' to anyone made me laugh for ages.

That flaming lunch time show is enough to make anyone want to bang their own head against the nearest solid object(or turn over!!)

Aw, Anne has become one of my favourites & I'll tell you why-- she is not a diva, doesn't keep looking at an I- Pad which is incredibly rude when a guest is talking, doesn't pout or pose & has a great sense of humour. I think a lot of the other air-heads ought to have some one-to-one training from Anne & I can say from personal experience she does reply to messages on her blog unlike the majority of them! I think the majority of them think they are "celebrities" which is why I turn most of them off now.

Maybe, but I'm not keen on her nicotine-stained fingers and grating voice. She would not be my number one choice to get rid of, though. There are worse than her.

Think you need to go to Specsavers, any time she does jewellery never seen any nicotine stained fingers. You used insist she had nicotine stained teeth before, which proved wrong.

Anne has become my favourite for the same reasons cited by Scandi Princess. She is a well groomed, appropriately dressed, professional presenter who can function without an iPad, asks questions and lets guests answer. She's not perfect and some may not like her accent (which is fair enough), but I know a show with Anne will be watchable. She also seems to me to be less egotistical and vain than most, not preening and monitor watching. Be a dull old world if we all liked the same things!

I agree. I think it is a sign of how things have changed. She used to be one of me least favourite presenters. Now things have got so bad with the things mentioned by May above that Anne has become one of my favourite presenters.

Latest posts

Back