Alpha-H TSV 27/5/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well, I don't have any problems with the Liquid Gold, the Glow Tonic or the Rejuvenating Cream but I think the serum is stronger than the products I named before, right? And as I told you, my skin has freaked out (again! it seems)....it started to look good again, but now I look like a boxer who had the fight of his life yesterday....

Well, I don't have any problems with the Liquid Gold, the Glow Tonic or the Rejuvenating Cream but I think the serum is stronger than the products I named before, right? And as I told you, my skin has freaked out (again! it seems)....it started to look good again, but now I look like a boxer who had the fight of his life yesterday....

hope it settles soon ani...i hate when my skin plays up.

if your skin does not like glycol's then anything with it in will upset your skin. but that could also be more to do with % of the active
The percentage of glycolic in this one is 14%, but the ph is higher than in LG, the higher ph means less acidic.

Marina, what do you think of the serum? Does it really offer something extra? I regularly use liquid gold, microcleanse and the mask which pretty much takes up most if the week but I am tempted by this tsv. Trouble is I also want the liz earle one!

I use alpha h sunscreen every day as well. Can you use regular moisturisers etc. underneath? I am getting quite a backlog now.

Marina, what do you think of the serum? Does it really offer something extra? I regularly use liquid gold, microcleanse and the mask which pretty much takes up most if the week but I am tempted by this tsv. Trouble is I also want the liz earle one!

I use alpha h sunscreen every day as well. Can you use regular moisturisers etc. underneath? I am getting quite a backlog now.
I also have a large stash of skincare and use things haphazardly, jumping from one thing to another, which means that I may be not using the same item for a couple of months, as I seem to grab an oil serum more often than anything else. I haven't been using this night serum consistently so I can't report on real results, but I remember that when I bought it in a set I was very impressed and and jumped to order another set, that remains unused to this day. Sorry I wasn't much help Bea Frugal, I would say it's a good product and it has a 1% retinol (or was it vitamin A, I can't remember exactly) that is known to renew/refresh tired looking skin. I've read the reviews on Q and it seems that people love it if they are able to tolerate it but I had no trouble with it, my skin is combination. The one AH product I couldn't tolerate was the newish vitamin A mask that was the product of the month when it had launched.

I think that if you use another skincare underneath you are going to dilute the strength and may be the results, but my kit the serum came in had the Rejuvenating cream in it, and Michelle suggested to mix them together , the serum is not a bit thick consistency you see.

I've noticed a typo in the end of my last post, I've meant to say that the consistency is a bit thick.

I think I'll give it a go even though I promised not to buy until I actually need something. I will use everything eventually, shelf life permitting.

Do all of you who use Liquid Gold not use any moisturiser at all after applying it? I can't remember if the Alpha-H lady said you shouldn't use moisturiser on top or you don't need to. I have noticed that other similar products advise to use moisturiser after application. I suppose we should do what we think works best but I just wondered what people on here thought and what experience has told them. I am talking about the original LG but if you know about the Rose one as well, I'd be interested, in case I buy the TSV (but doubt I will).

Do all of you who use Liquid Gold not use any moisturiser at all after applying it? I can't remember if the Alpha-H lady said you shouldn't use moisturiser on top or you don't need to. I have noticed that other similar products advise to use moisturiser after application. I suppose we should do what we think works best but I just wondered what people on here thought and what experience has told them. I am talking about the original LG but if you know about the Rose one as well, I'd be interested, in case I buy the TSV (but doubt I will).

I never put moisturiser on after applying LG but I have a tendency to be stupendously oily in my T-zone (even at the age of 45, sigh) so it's definitely more than enough for my skin. If truth be told though, I'm not sure I've seen much difference since I've been using it or Pixi's glow tonic for that matter - my gaping pores are still plentiful :(

I also use it neat for best results, the skin looks refreshed in the morning, but it did nothing for my pores either, nor did it for Mishelle's, I took the trouble to look very closely, since she claims that it 'zeroes out pores'.

I also use it neat for best results, the skin looks refreshed in the morning, but it did nothing for my pores either, nor did it for Mishelle's, I took the trouble to look very closely, since she claims that it 'zeroes out pores'.

Does it, balls! I think I've tried everything to shrink my pores but absolutely nothing has worked :(

I never put moisturiser on after applying LG but I have a tendency to be stupendously oily in my T-zone (even at the age of 45, sigh) so it's definitely more than enough for my skin. If truth be told though, I'm not sure I've seen much difference since I've been using it or Pixi's glow tonic for that matter - my gaping pores are still plentiful :(

Thank you so much, ladies. I like the slightly tacky feel of my skin after applying it so I don't think I particularly need moisturiser or any other night treatment on top either but I started getting occasional dry, scaly patches near my nose and jawline so wondered if it was leaving my skin too stripped and "exposed". Sometimes now I sort of tap a smear of serum or something lightly on areas of my face where I think I might need it. I'm not sure it has fixed my pores but I do feel they have improved.

Does it, balls! I think I've tried everything to shrink my pores but absolutely nothing has worked :(

Ha ha, Tarketta - say what you think! You make it sound as though your face is like the surface of the moon and I bet it's really not.

Ha ha, Tarketta - say what you think! You make it sound as though your face is like the surface of the moon and I bet it's really not.

Ha, I do paint quite the picture, AndiK :mysmilie_17: but believe you me, my pores are hee-yawge; a result of having cr*ppy skin from the age of 11 - by the end of the day, whatever foundation I have on has settled happily into them, especially on my nose, humph!

Ha, I do paint quite the picture, AndiK :mysmilie_17: but believe you me, my pores are hee-yawge; a result of having cr*ppy skin from the age of 11 - by the end of the day, whatever foundation I have on has settled happily into them, especially on my nose, humph!

Ahhh, it is such a common complaint though. Are you better off with powder foundations or liquid and cream ones?

apparently pores don't have doors so you can't close them. beauty experts please take note

I don't use an extra moisturiser after applying the LG. They always say during the presentation that the LG is best if used alone, but you can use a moisturiser afterwards (that's written on the bottle, to put a moisturiser on top when the skin is touch-dry).

You know what? I am the opposite: Whenever I use the LG, I can see a difference the next morning. But when using the Glow Tonic, no difference at all. I am on my first bottle but don't think I'll repurchase.

Latest posts

Back