Alpha-H TSV 27/5/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't use an extra moisturiser after applying the LG. They always say during the presentation that the LG is best if used alone, but you can use a moisturiser afterwards (that's written on the bottle, to put a moisturiser on top when the skin is touch-dry).

Thanks, Ani (or Me Minus D, as I think of you). I think I'll carry on with using a dab of cream occasionally only. I think my skin likes LD on the whole.

Ahhh, it is such a common complaint though. Are you better off with powder foundations or liquid and cream ones?

Quite literally, they all have the same end result and very true re all the wise words on this forum - I've given up on my 'pores without doors' :mysmilie_17:

Quite literally, they all have the same end result and very true re all the wise words on this forum - I've given up on my 'pores without doors' :mysmilie_17:

I thought my pores were a thing of the past a few years ago until I saw myself in a mirror after putting my reading glasses on in M&S. I was horrified (moral of the story: don't read near a mirror). A similar thing happened in a shop more recently when I saw how my make-up looked in different lighting and I've never worn Laura Geller B&B since. My skin looked truly dreadful - caked and old. (I know B&B has many fans here but it's clearly the wrong choice for my skin.)

Does it, balls! I think I've tried everything to shrink my pores but absolutely nothing has worked :(

I heard that NIOD Sanskrit Saponins helps with reducing pores but have not noticed myself as I'm not being consistent with any product.

No matter how much she praises a product, I can remember AY saying you cannot do anything about enlarged pores.
I've been to a cosmetologist who told me the same. Nothing can be done yet but a breakthrough product may come out one day, I live in hope.

I thought my pores were a thing of the past a few years ago until I saw myself in a mirror after putting my reading glasses on in M&S. I was horrified (moral of the story: don't read near a mirror). A similar thing happened in a shop more recently when I saw how my make-up looked in different lighting and I've never worn Laura Geller B&B since. My skin looked truly dreadful - caked and old. (I know B&B has many fans here but it's clearly the wrong choice for my skin.)

AndiK I could tell straight away you had too many layers on, been there done that, the skin looks really dreadful and wrinkly and dehydrated, because talk is drying on the skin. Less is more and if you have a primer this would help to keep the talk away from the skin. I don't use a primer myself or very occasionally as I have not much time in the morning , just some spf instead and Ultrasun makes a good base I think.

Do all of you who use Liquid Gold not use any moisturiser at all after applying it? I can't remember if the Alpha-H lady said you shouldn't use moisturiser on top or you don't need to. I have noticed that other similar products advise to use moisturiser after application. I suppose we should do what we think works best but I just wondered what people on here thought and what experience has told them. I am talking about the original LG but if you know about the Rose one as well, I'd be interested, in case I buy the TSV (but doubt I will).

Never use a moisturiser personally. AHAs, generally, improve the moisture content of your skin. But ultimately you need to see how your skin feels. AY has said she prefers to add a moisturiser, but waits a couple of hours before doing so to let the AHA in LG do it's thing. If I were to feel the need to add a moisturiser, I certainly would. I'd probably want to give the LG at least two hours to work alone first. If my skin needed it immediately, it's safe to say it would be that there were other factors involved, maybe me doing LG too often, allergies/hayfever other skincare reacting badly.

AndiK I could tell straight away you had too many layers on, been there done that, the skin looks really dreadful and wrinkly and dehydrated, because talk is drying on the skin. Less is more and if you have a primer this would help to keep the talk away from the skin. I don't use a primer myself or very occasionally as I have not much time in the morning , just some spf instead and Ultrasun makes a good base I think.

Ah, thanks, Marina. I think it's quite likely I was using too much - I have uneven skintone and tend to go for at least medium coverage foundations, especially since I scalded my face last year and it's still patchy on one side. Maybe I should give B&B another chance. To be honest, I was put off all powder (or baked cream, it's all the same to me!) foundations and I haven't used any of my bareMinerals since either. However, I have still got the pots and compacts so I may try again and be sure to let the base dry completely, then check my face through the day in different lights, maybe one day when I'm not going anywhere special, just in case.

Never use a moisturiser personally. AHAs, generally, improve the moisture content of your skin. But ultimately you need to see how your skin feels. AY has said she prefers to add a moisturiser, but waits a couple of hours before doing so to let the AHA in LG do it's thing. If I were to feel the need to add a moisturiser, I certainly would. I'd probably want to give the LG at least two hours to work alone first. If my skin needed it immediately, it's safe to say it would be that there were other factors involved, maybe me doing LG too often, allergies/hayfever other skincare reacting badly.

Good advice and much appreciated, thanks. Thinking about it, the little bit of cream I do sometimes apply after LG doesn't go on straight away. If I'm in for the evening, I will cleanse etc mid-evening and then add any moisturiser where I feel I need it nearer bedtime.

I really do appreciate the advice on here. It's my first port of call.

I'm the same with B&B, if I put too much on, I end up looking like this and can FEEL the moisture being sucked out of my skin - you're quite right Marina, I always forget that's the main ingredient

spongebob-squarepants-movie-2004-patrick-star-drying-out-shell-city-review.jpg

another alternative to the tsp with free postagehttp://www.beautybay.com/skincare/alphah/alistawardwinners5piececollection?utm_source=google%2Bshopping&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=shopping%2Bfeed&selectedSku=ALPH0114F&gclid=CK6Ax5DGitQCFc0V0wodqSgJmQ

It's better to get two or three single drops, not only are you getting the easy pays but you save on the p&p (I know, a whopping two quid :mysmilie_17:) you don't risk any future A/D balls ups either. I personally wouldn't pay that much on skin care but the people who bought it, you enjoy it. :mysmilie_3:

Latest posts

Back