1st order in five years and frustrated

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

letbuyerbeware

Registered Shopper
Ordered an e-life voyage electric bike last week after watching tv presentation. It's since gone from 549.00 to 699.00
Fair enough as my order was at 549.00 and they did say the price would go up after the show.
Last night they had a different e-life model on. Similar spec but slightly different design battery and weight at 499.00 plus added value accessories. It would have suited me but ok it's a case buy what's on at the time so I'm not too bothered.
What does annoy me though is that the bike I ordered is currently on the website under two different item numbers. Same price in each case. Difference is that one includes accessories the other doesn't and I'm getting the one that doesn't. Blooming liberty IMHO.

Send it back, get the payment(s) back and look elsewhere with better customer service.

Or keep it and look at the IW trust pilot reviews and have a wee browse through this forum incase you ever think of buying anything again from IW :wink:

Ordered an e-life voyage electric bike last week after watching tv presentation. It's since gone from 549.00 to 699.00
Fair enough as my order was at 549.00 and they did say the price would go up after the show.
Last night they had a different e-life model on. Similar spec but slightly different design battery and weight at 499.00 plus added value accessories. It would have suited me but ok it's a case buy what's on at the time so I'm not too bothered.
What does annoy me though is that the bike I ordered is currently on the website under two different item numbers. Same price in each case. Difference is that one includes accessories the other doesn't and I'm getting the one that doesn't. Blooming liberty IMHO.

This happened with me last year, not the bike it was something else, it wasn't on the website as I always check it to keeep in line with the pricing, it came on after. I emailed them and told them I wasn't happy with this, so they sent me the free accessories and credited my account with the £20 extra I paid, so might be worth emailing and tell them if you don't get the same deal you'll be wheeling it over to Asda and returning it. Seems I'm in the minority though, I get great service from Ideal World, so don't take my word for it.

If you can afford £500 in one go or qualify for credit then get the Coyote Connect folding electric bike from Halfords instead: http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/electric-bikes/coyote-connect-folding-electric-bike

Those appalling Trust Pilot reviews for Ideal World are a real eyeopener; even if treated well by Ideal World in the past it would make most people think twice about ordering anything from them ever again since you just wouldn't want to take the risk of something going wrong with either the order or the product and then having to deal with messy consequences. I suspect they give better service to regular customers since they're the ones that spend the most money with them, but why take the risk?

Five or more years ago it seemed that Ideal World was a reputable place to shop even if it wasn't the cheapest, but at some point everything went disasterously downhill for them.

Regrettably it's well known that Ideal World's pricing is 'fuzzy' to say the least.

It's almost impossible to know when you're actually getting a 'deal' as their prices go up, down, left, right. You do the Hokey Cokey .........

Multiple product numbers, same products, different prices, some have extras and some don't. It's all part of their strategy I guess, confuse and conquer.

The only way to buy from this lot is if the price it's on for is a price you're happy with. Take no notice of their usual prices, will go back up to £XXX, and their XXX% savings.

It's nonsense, and clearly deliberately so. These days I find them far too vague to be trustworthy.

And whatever you do, don't believe the On Air Goons, they are literally unbelievable. For example, if you see that an 'Unbreakable' Drill Bit has broke then it's broke, despite what the Duty Goon says :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0041.jpg

Regrettably it's well known that Ideal World's pricing is 'fuzzy' to say the least.

It's almost impossible to know when you're actually getting a 'deal' as their prices go up, down, left, right. You do the Hokey Cokey .........

Multiple product numbers, same products, different prices, some have extras and some don't. It's all part of their strategy I guess, confuse and conquer.

They've even shown the same item with a different product number and a higher price at the start of a presentation whilst saying "Don't order that one", then later saying that they have people ordering that higher-priced item therefore please don't because there's a cheaper bundle offer available. If people were genuinely ordering the higher-priced item it just goes to show the stupidity of some Ideal World viewers and how they can get away with what they do for so long.

Best not to trust a retailer which resorts to elaborate scams and misrepresentation in order to sell products :mysmilie_59:

They've even shown the same item with a different product number and a higher price at the start of a presentation whilst saying "Don't order that one", then later saying that they have people ordering that higher-priced item therefore please don't because there's a cheaper bundle offer available. If people were genuinely ordering the higher-priced item it just goes to show the stupidity of some Ideal World viewers and how they can get away with what they do for so long.

Best not to trust a retailer which resorts to elaborate scams and misrepresentation in order to sell products :mysmilie_59:

Indeed PP.

Don't get me wrong, I guess we're all used to Supermarkets and in particular Furnitire Companies having a minefield of offers and 'sale' prices.

But, honestly, I've genuinely never come across anything like Ideal World's positively cryptographically encrypted pricing algorithms.

I don't think even the late, great Alan Turing could have deciphered them.

The Enigma Code is a breeze compared to their 'Usual Prices' :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back