MarlaWynne Fashion TSV 28/05/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MarlaWynne Matt Jersey Midi Balloon Dress with Cold Shoulder Detail TSV 28/05/17
Item Number: 164701
QVC Price £83.00
Todays Special Value Price £59.98
P&P £4.95

This midi-length jersey dress features a balloon-shaped skirt which flares out from under the bust, creating an on-trend look further enhanced by the cold shoulder detail. You're spoilt for choice with six block colours to choose between, from vibrant Prairie Sand to classic Black, so you can have plenty of fun with accessorising this MarlaWynne dress.

Switch it up - your day look will take no time to assemble with this lovely piece, simply pair it with a structured tote bag and some sandals for a go-anywhere style. Things can afford to be a bit more dramatic for evening, so swap in some peep-toe heels to elongate the legs and some bold jewellery.

3/4 length sleeves
96% polyester, 4% elastane
Machine washable at 30C

Colour options:

Black
Seagrass
Raisin
Faded Rose
Prairie Sand
Monument Grey

Garment measurements:

Chest: XS: 83.8cm (33"), S: 88.9cm (35"), M: 93.9cm (37"), L: 101.6cm (40"), XL: 109.2cm (43"), 2XL: 124.5cm (49"), 3XL: 134.6cm (53")
Waist: XS: 86.4cm (34"), S: 91.4cm (36"), M: 96.5cm (38"), L: 104.1cm (41"), XL: 111.8cm (44"), 2XL: 127cm (50"), 3XL: 137.2cm (54")
Length: XS: 121.9cm (48"), S: 123.2cm (48.5"), M: 124.5cm (49"), L: 125.7cm (49.5"), XL: 127cm (50"), 2XL: 129.5cm (51"), 3XL: 130.8cm (51.5")

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.164701

Strange sizing. A huge jump between the XL and the 2XL sizes, not that I`m interested but get ready for the facebookers moaning about it.

As usual they have put everything together and made something hideous in my opinion ..The balloon style on its own would be Ok .A lot of people like it.Not for me but still.Why they have stuck the cold shoulder in it as well is beyond me. But still what do I know.I have been out today and seen all sorts of people in cold shoulder and crops trousers some of them quite elderly ,so it must be me .
I'm just waiting for a normal light summer dress.Some hopes.

On second thoughts, it's not so much the shape I object to - I bought the previous MW balloon dress TSV myself, in this fabric, and thought it looked OK. However, it pilled horribly after a couple of wears, and soon ended up in the bin. Buyer beware!
With this particular version, it's the silly cold shoulder & long sleeves I don't get! is it for summer? No, too warm, you would swelter. Is it for winter? No, the colours are wrong, and would need a card to keep the draughts off. If it had been sleeveless, I could have liked it (apart from knowing full well that it will pill with any friction from a bag strap etc).

The Seagrass sounds a 'nice' colour. I know, seeing as how embroidery is all the rage now, what about plonking a couple of embroidered applique patches over the shoulder holes !!!! sorted.

On second thoughts, it's not so much the shape I object to - I bought the previous MW balloon dress TSV myself, in this fabric, and thought it looked OK. However, it pilled horribly after a couple of wears, and soon ended up in the bin. Buyer beware!
With this particular version, it's the silly cold shoulder & long sleeves I don't get! is it for summer? No, too warm, you would swelter. Is it for winter? No, the colours are wrong, and would need a card to keep the draughts off. If it had been sleeveless, I could have liked it (apart from knowing full well that it will pill with any friction from a bag strap etc).

I know what you mean about the 'pilling', but this looks like good old polyester/elastene so might be alright for our normal summer climate, but any hotter than 70 and it will be sweaty betty again !

Having seen the dress live, clearly the arms are sausage tight ! wonder how many they'll get returned because of this. I'd be tempted to cut the sleeve out altogether.

Some of the items are silly money for what they are and for those prices I`d want perfection not an "iffy" fit.

I see Marla turned up this time .She is interesting talking about fashion, I think the TSV would swamp me. It looks OK on the taller models though I don't like the design. Neither Marla or DF look great in it.

This dress would make me look like an all in wrestler. And the cold shoulder leaves me cold and I have only seen very few women who suited it. It's so annoying to see a top and think oooh I like the look of that only to pick it up and see it's another shoulderless monstrosity.

It would looks so much better without the cold shoulder. It's an awful look that looks good on nobody.

a normal floaty lightweight summer dress midi or just below the knee would sell well at the moment. I realise they have to plan ahead but this in my opinion would be hot. Casual and co used to do them.

I wouldn't buy the tsv, as I would never wear that style of dress, but to be fair when you put it next to the Join and Yong Kim fashion ... to me it seem like a bargain.

Where did this cold shoulder style come from - because I've yet to see it worn by slebs in magazines, or anyone with any 'class'. Plenty pushing prams on the High Street are wearing it, and the market stalls are full of it. So is it just a style that's only suitable for the peasants and plebs ? Just cutting a hole in the top shoulder to be fashionable for the mass market seems to be what its all about.

Debbie flint said to size up if you have big arms..with plus sizes most of us larger ladies have capacious arms

Latest posts

Back