Are all the daytime hours live?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Been watching the Will hour, its 11am, and Genieve keeps saying This Evening, some guy from the call centre come through, she said Good Evening, to him, he replied witb were busy this evening, was he just being polite.

Been watching the Will hour, its 11am, and Genieve keeps saying This Evening, some guy from the call centre come through, she said Good Evening, to him, he replied witb were busy this evening, was he just being polite.

Whenever I've turned on to the will hour, the same has happened. I think they show that same show over and over.

I said exactly the same thing a few months ago, I hardly ever watch it now, but watched 2 minutes just to see how much worse it had got (I was not disappointed by how rubbisher it had got! No the reason I thought it was a repeat because they kept saying 'this evening' when the actual show was on at 11am in the morning. I mean if there is any chance of the show being repeated when they are suppose to be 'live', then surely it only takes common sense (yeah I know common sense and shopping TV are not known to be close bedfellows), to keep the timings generic!

They now put the word 'LIVE' above the Ideal World logo on-screen to indicate a live broadcast, but they keep the word there even whilst showing a prerecorded promotion during a break. I know what they really mean, namely that the 'hour' itself is a live presentation, but keeping 'LIVE' displayed on-screen during something that has plainly been shown before can be potentially misleading to some viewers.

They now put the word 'LIVE' above the Ideal World logo on-screen to indicate a live broadcast, but they keep the word there even whilst showing a prerecorded promotion during a break. I know what they really mean, namely that the 'hour' itself is a live presentation, but keeping 'LIVE' displayed on-screen during something that has plainly been shown before can be potentially misleading to some viewers.

That I can 'just' about agree with, but I think what is more confusing is the mix of live and pre-recorded hours, a viewer is not going to know 'whats what' with regards to stock etc, there is no live stock-updates and sooner or later there will be a 'live' on a pre-recorded show, because the 'graphics team' have forgotten to take the 'live' of the graphics from what was a live show to a show that is now 'pre-recorded'.

I am aware that you may need to read the above paragraph a couple of times to get the gist but it does kinda make sense, if you stand on your head and squint your eyes a little :mysmilie_7:

Well I didn't know whether I was coming or going yesterday when pervy opened his hour with.........."Good afternoon, it's lovely to have your company at 11 o clock on this Saturday morning"

Pete's never been known for the accuracy of any of his statements, particularly where money is concerned.
Well I didn't know whether I was coming or going yesterday when pervy opened his hour with.........."Good afternoon, it's lovely to have your company at 11 o clock on this Saturday morning"

I know this will sound silly but a good indicator of it being live, is who is presenting.

obviously this only works if you have had it on for a good few hours in a stretch. But if mason and jaxx are alternating presenting duties then Genevieve does a random sanderson blinds hour, then nanty and dennice alternate.... then Genevieve clearly was not there on that day (and probably filmed it 6months ago, complete with time of day referencing, which turns out to further expose the lie)

hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back