Elastene jeans

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
For the first time ever I sent for a pair of jeans from QVC. (because its such a minefield), they were LOGO ankle length jeans with elastene, item no 163940. I liked a shorter trouser to end around the ankle, which is why I sent for them

Yes, they fit ok around the waist, BUT (and I've noticed this on the models with other brands) around the thighs they're like a second skin, and then start flapping around below the knee. They look stupid and feel clammy where they are more snug than I would like.

Do others have this problem with elastene jeans ? Jeans are notorious for getting an ok fit, and I've always bought Gardeur in the past, but its hard to get that brand now.

I too hate buying jeans.They either are too long for me(I am 5'3" tall)or else the stretch in them turns to 'baggy'after an hour especially round the knees and behind.The best ever pair I have are from Monsoon.They were more expensive than usual for me at £50 but well worth it I think.Wash well ,hold the shape well when worn ,made well and have lasted.Also have a choice of lengths and a good range of sizes.

Last edited:
I cannot wear bootcut jeans now, I am 5' 1 and a half tall and even the short is too long on me. True short should be 26 or 27 inside leg now they are 28 as routine. So I stick to straight and they can be a problem too(once measured the inside leg on a pair as 28 and a half!). Also the thing for jeans coming belong the natural waist can make them longer too. I recently bought two pair of jeans in M&S, they are classed as ankle grazer and actually the correct length for me. I got them for £12 each at the end of their sale and the denim is a good thickness.

I buy my jeans from the Petite range in Next , they are called ‘lift and slim’, and I’m in dire need at the moment but they don’t have the black ones the ones I need. I find them an excellent fit and never too long, I’m 5’2 tall.

I guess I'm lucky. A standard 14 in jeans with elastane fits me in most shops. I favour pull on ones and currently rate the Asda pull ons - range between £8 and £14. When I was much fatter I liked kjbrand jeans, but they are pricey. If anyone is into sewing, the Eleanore pattern for jeggings is brilliant - nice high waist and not too tight at ankle.

I`m tall and many shops or brands don`t do a long inside leg. Consequently I buy my jeans from Marks and I really like the Per Una sculpt and lift ones in a slim leg. They`re £35 a pair but I have a Sparks card and recently got a 20% discount on jeans so I ordered 2 more pairs which will keep me going for a good while to come.

I know that Next do Tall trousers/jeans as well as Petite and Regular in many styles, but not all.

Tall & Petite collections in Next
http://www.next.co.uk/women/alternative-sizes

Yep I`ve tried some Next jeans but their rise is always too low for me, I`m quite high waisted. The Marks ones fit me better. My daughter in law loves Next jeans but she has the opposite problem to me, she`s short and yet needs a size 16 and she has hefty thighs. I like a slim leg, she likes a bootcut because on her they look better over her thigh area. I think buying jeans is akin to buying shoes and you really need to try different styles and fittings to get the right pair.

I actually loathe buying jeans. They gap at the waist, they're too snug over the hips (like they do on a lot of the Q models), and I never get the right length. And experience has taught me never to buy those with elastene, as the fit is even clingier showing all the lumps and bumps around my middle.

I actually loathe buying jeans. They gap at the waist, they're too snug over the hips (like they do on a lot of the Q models), and I never get the right length. And experience has taught me never to buy those with elastene, as the fit is even clingier showing all the lumps and bumps around my middle.

Me too, Brissles - fastest way to plunge me into a deep funk is to go jeans shopping!

I like M&Co and NDYJ (bought from Ebay), also the best ever jeans I owned were from Jaeger, but now they are going out of business....

I stopped wearing jeans a few years ago as i find them abit sweaty even in the winter.

I live in jeans and only wear socks to I am fine. I refuse to pay anything over £25 for them and they have to be really good to pay that. I am a true hourglass shape so no jeans,trousers will fit my waist always a little loose and I have a flat bum. As a friendly kindly pointed out to me not that long ago,"You have a tiny waist and no bum!" I think she meant it as a compliment, she is an apple shape. I just thought thank the gods I have hips then or nothing would stay up.:mysmilie_15:

I live in jeans too and they keep me warm in winter since they are 95% cotton.

Latest posts

Back