Expandable Garden Trellis TSV 07/05/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Aha, so wall to wall Gill Gauntlett and Mr Jackson. Luckily I'm out - and I usually like the gardening shows.

I've seen this in B&M and the Range and it looks very cheap and plasticky - unless QVC's version is new generation.

CC

Compass Home Garden Expandable Faux Ivy Trellis with Stakes & Ties
Item Number: 509100
QVC Price £39.00
Todays Special Value Price £24.98
P&P £4.95

This fabulous garden trellis from Compass Home features faux ivy petals crafted from weather-resistant polyester in lush green hues, and is the perfect size to create privacy in your garden, add a stylish partition between a patio and plant beds, or simply conceal unsightly objects like bins or piping. Whatever the weather, this Compass Home trellis can simply be placed in your garden or outdoor space for a bold addition of colour and contrast.

An all-weather wonder - this trellis is made from willow wood and weather-resistant polyester, so you don’t have to worry about getting it wet or damaging the leaves. Come rain or shine, you can enjoy this trellis in all its glory.

Safe and secure - the ground support and zip ties help to keep the structure secure, so even in inclement weather, your trellis stays firmly in place.

Expanded trellis (l x w): 304.8cm x 25.4cm (120” x 10”)
Closed trellis (l x w): 30.5cm x 127cm (12” x 50”)

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.509100

According to Gaunt, old Flinty has bought TEN of them !!!! probably did a deal with Q - free publicity in return for goodies for the B & B. A bit of faux in the tea room - nice.

Crikey, how cheap and nasty do these look? I would need about 5 to cover my fence but to be honest I don't think there's anything wrong with my wooden fence. This thing wouldn't offer any improvement anyway.

I assume this means Richard Jackson will be on air a lot so I can ask my question. I find him very annoying as a presenter but is he actually known as a good gardener who knows his onions? (hahaha, little joke there!) is he a rival to Titchmarsh and Monty Don?

I think they're a good idea but agree they are pretty pricey. If I were in the market for something like this, I would want to be sure of the quality and of how realistic they look - if it's anything like Peony, leaves can be hit and miss, sometimes looking papery or having fraying edges and very plastic-y stems. Also, what do they look like after a few months when they've been exposed to the sun or winter conditions? Not great, I suspect.

QVC need to be careful with ranges like this, solar lighting, garden accessories e.g. Amanda Holden. In our town we have B&M, Home Bargains, Home Sense and our market all of which have similar stuff a lot cheaper. The quality might not be as good but to be honest I would bin small stuff at the end of summer if it's got shabby.

I think they're behind the times, they don't seem to realise that these shops exist. They really need to start offering new, innovative ideas, things that aren't available on the DHS.

If you bought a decent sized real ivy plant and a bit of chicken wire you could have that look all over your balcony for much less money, as ivy grows like a weed and clings to a support. No need to buy 10 of these for about £300 FFS. No solar lights on them either. So disappointing.

CC

Switched on to see Gill Gauntlet using a leaf covered chest expander - switched off ..

Latest posts

Back