Correct me if I'm wrong

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The Linda Lusardi cloths (IW) are better than the Liz Earle ones; I managed to stock up when they sold a pack of 6 or 8 cheap and with free p&p. They're just a better construction. They only have singles on the website at the moment but when they next try to clear the Lusardi stock they might do a bundle offer again. I didn't get on with the Emma Hardie cloths; it's a nice idea having muslin and terry sides but mine shrank unevenly.

In early Liz Earle shows Liz herself hinted that she created C&P as an homage to Eve Lom's Balm and cloth system, but with a cream texture and without the mineral oil.

Yes I've definitely got to agree, LL cloths are the best I've ever used too.

The Eve Lom cloths make great dusters when they get to that stage.

Emma Hardie cloths are towelling on one side and muslin on the other really great.

I do have flannels for washing the rest of me, bamboo ones are excellent they don't go hard

Does anyone use Konjac sponges? I've got one somewhere from a Beauty Bash goody bag from years ago, I might dig it out and have a try. Sponges seem less hygienic somehow; maybe that's the old synthetic ones or the yellow sea sponges?

Never used those, but have used Beautyblenders for a number of years. Very easy to clean and air dry not made from normal sponge and if I remember have something in them to stop bacteria? Its a long time since I watched the video from the makers.

I agree that a lot of 'good' face flannels are thick and wet, but buying cheap face flannels that are usually rougher in texture and much thinner, I've found to be perfect. I also avoid soft and fluffy towels like the plague - a good 'old' towel that's weathered and roughed up with age and washing, really helps buff up the face !
Primark do this type of towels and face cloth and I love them, not too soft at all.

Does anyone use Konjac sponges? I've got one somewhere from a Beauty Bash goody bag from years ago, I might dig it out and have a try. Sponges seem less hygienic somehow; maybe that's the old synthetic ones or the yellow sea sponges?

I got one from Superdrug, not impressed at all, may be I was using it incorrectly.

I like EHardie cloths and when it's old and uneven I cut out the microfiber bit and use it on its own.

I use ordinary cotton discs from Lidl. They are cotton, soft and disposable, plus I can see how much dirt has come off my face. I find it frightening how when I come home from south London how much black grime those pads remove.

Hey here's an idea...Why not buy some cheap face wipes and use them as cleansing cloths? I'm sure they could be laundered and reused.

No face wipes cannot be cleaned and reused! Most are flushable but you are not suppose to do that no matter what it says on the packet. Put one in the washing machine and find a shredded mass, these are impregnated with the cleansing product which will not wash out anyway.

In fact they don't actually clean your face properly anyway, they have done experiments on them. Shows how much make up and dirt is left after use and they can cause blocked pores and blackheads over time.

I have double cleansed for years, you will be surprised if using a Clarisonic the dirt that comes of on the brush when you think your face is clean. I used spf on my face everyday and you really should double cleanse as again blocked pores over time.

You just reminded me Breeze, I used my kids baby muslins as body exfo cloths until the finally fell apart (cloths not kids). I might buy a couple cheap from Savers and give this a whirl again.

Latest posts

Back