Models in white leggings

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
Remind me of my Grandad's long-johns. I remember him when we were kids and I'm 61 now. It's got to be one of the worst looks.

I expected more from a uk fashion brand. I agree about the white leggings, they look rather odd... they are all frumpy looking and definitely don't fit right.

I hate leggings, and I think for Q it's lazy fashion-they just team every top or tunic with leggings with heels or with skechers etc and most look awful even on the lovely long legged models.
On Tiffany (who has no age) her saggy knees are on show in leggings, and often anatomical body parts no viewer wishes to see are visible!!

The sooner the dreadful knicker flashing cellulite exposing lycra losers disappear the better!!

They make me giggle because leggings always remind me of the old-time comedian, Max Wall. Even I'm not old enough to remember him 'in the flesh', so to speak, but seeing old pictures of him wearing tight leggings - even though his were black, not white - just reminds me of the Q models in their everlasting flippin' leggings (seems like Q have bought a job lot of them and are determined to get the wear out of them).

I expected more from a uk fashion brand. I agree about the white leggings, they look rather odd... they are all frumpy looking and definitely don't fit right.

The only thing worse is germoline pink which makes it look as if you are out in bare untanned legs.

Oh Loveallthingsitalian! You do make me laugh! Germoline pink has just cracked me up, I always have to look twice as they do look like the models are half-dressed. Amyone who wears these probably owns a Disney bag too.

I never 'get' the look with the second skin leggings or the tight trousers. OK for the youngsters, but on middle aged women, er no. and I've said this dozens of times, where I live I never see anyone in high or killer heels with leggings, tbh it looks cheap. They prattle on about something being 'very Audrey Hepburn', but she was never seen in anything other than flatties with cigarette pants. Q stylists wouldn't know what chic, elegance, or classy was if it bit them on the bum.

I notice too that long sleeves are always pushed up to the elbow - I learnt my lesson long ago with long sleeves, most come way down past my hand, and I've got an average arm length !

Why do leggings always seem to be worn by those who should not be within a million miles of them? (probably 99% of the population)

I remember seeing a woman in really thin white leggings but the thing is, she had black knickers on so from the front.......from the front.....no I can't say it, but you know what I mean. :mysmilie_17:

Back in the 80s my friend went to a fancy dress party as Lady Godiva thanks to a cheap pink T-shirt and leggings combo from South Shore market in Blackpool and a home made fig leaf. She had many double-takes* on the pre-party pub crawl! :mysmilie_3:

:muscle:

(*still not the most disturbing sight on a Blackpool night out!)

Back in the 80s my friend went to a fancy dress party as Lady Godiva thanks to a cheap pink T-shirt and leggings combo from South Shore market in Blackpool and a home made fig leaf. She had many double-takes* on the pre-party pub crawl! :mysmilie_3:

:muscle:

(*still not the most disturbing sight on a Blackpool night out!)

That is hilarious :mysmilie_15:

Remember Vivienne Westwood wearing fig leaves on a chat show?

I once saw a very large girl walking through town, from the distance, it looked like she was bare from the waist down. She was of course wearing flesh toned leggings, what on earth was she thinking, a dreadful sight to behold. :mysmilie_466:

Back in the day baby soothers (we weren't that posh with the name) came in 2 colours only, a blue and an awful pink.

To this day if I see anythng in a dirty pink colour I describe it as dummy tit pink.

Why do leggings always seem to be worn by those who should not be within a million miles of them? (probably 99% of the population)

Yes Silver Fox I agree especially Julia who insists on wearing them "tight". The finishing touch are those horrible flip flops-yeuk!!

Oh my gawd, shopperholic, I've had to have a lie down in a darkened room, I would need therapy to recover after seeing a sight like that! :mysmilie_13::mysmilie_507:
I remember seeing a woman in really thin white leggings but the thing is, she had black knickers on so from the front.......from the front.....no I can't say it, but you know what I mean. :mysmilie_17:

Their clobber bears about as much resemblance to Audrey Hepburn's style as the Queen does to Kim Kardashian.
I never 'get' the look with the second skin leggings or the tight trousers. OK for the youngsters, but on middle aged women, er no. and I've said this dozens of times, where I live I never see anyone in high or killer heels with leggings, tbh it looks cheap. They prattle on about something being 'very Audrey Hepburn', but she was never seen in anything other than flatties with cigarette pants. Q stylists wouldn't know what chic, elegance, or classy was if it bit them on the bum.

I notice too that long sleeves are always pushed up to the elbow - I learnt my lesson long ago with long sleeves, most come way down past my hand, and I've got an average arm length !

Latest posts

Back