Amazon Kindle TSV 05/06/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Has anyone bought a kindle from them?
How does it compare with buying one from Amazon direct?

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Wi-Fi eReader with Built in Light & Case
Item Number: 510039
QVC Price £118.00
Todays Special Value Price £99.98
P&P £0.00

Able to hold thousands of books, the lightweight Kindle Paperwhite e-reader boasts a crisp, high resolution display that reads like real paper, is packed with fantastic features including Family Library so you can share books with your family or friends, and can look up definitions without leaving your page, plus much more. Wireless so you don't even need computer access to download content, enjoy your favourite reads and discover the latest bestsellers wherever you are, with the Amazon Kindle.

*Please note: if you were to buy both the Kindle Paperwhite and case individually from Amazon today you’d pay £137.89. So to get them for a Today’s Special Value price of £99.96, with P&P included, is a great saving of over £35.

Used to books? - with twice as many pixels as the previous generation, Kindle Paperwhite has an improved high resolution 300 ppi display for crisp, print-quality text that reads like real paper. The built-in adjustable light means you can read day and night, plus there's no glare in bright sunlight.

Travel light - ideal for taking away on your holiday, swap a pile of paperbacks for the lightweight Kindle and save on weight allowance and space! Plus, as it holds thousands of books, it's perfect for your commute, long journeys and flights, as if you finish your book, you can simply start another one straight away.

No more tired eyes - the Paperwhite guides light towards the surface of the display with its built-in front light, so you can read comfortably without straining your eyes. Adjust your screen's brightness for great reading in any light, plus page layout and margins automatically adapt with the larger font sizes without compromising your reading experience.

Sitting comfortably - thinner than a pencil and lighter than a paperback, the Paperwhite is comfortable to hold in just one hand no matter how long you want to read for. Plus, as it's purely a dedicated e-reader, you can get lost in a novel without any distractions such as email alerts or notifications.

Super-long battery life - the Kindle doesn't require power to maintain a page of text, meaning a single charge can last for up to four weeks (based on half an hour of reading per day with wireless off) and won't leave you tethered to a socket.

Share and share alike - with the Family Library, your Amazon account can be linked to that of your partner, friend, or family member, so you and your family can access and easily share not only your own Kindle books, but books from your chosen person’s Amazon account as well.

What's in the box?

Kindle Paperwhite
1 x USB 2.0 charging cable
Quick start guide

Colours available:

Black
White

Added value:

Case - in a choice of Black, Blue or Rose Gold

Technical specifications:

Display: Amazon's 6" Paperwhite display with Carta e-paper technology and built-in light, 300 ppi, optimised font technology, 16-level grey scale
Fully wireless and doesn't require a computer to download content
On-device storage: holds thousands of books
Cloud storage: free Cloud storage for all Amazon content
Battery life: a single charge lasts up to four weeks, based on half an hour of reading per day with wireless off (battery life will vary based on light and wireless usage)
Charge time: fully charges in approximately four hours from a computer via USB cable
Wi-Fi connectivity: supports public and private Wi-Fi networks or hotspots that use the 802.11b, 802.11g or 802.11n standard with support for WEP, WPA and WPA2 security using password authentication or Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
Content formats supported: Kindle Format 8 (AZW3), Kindle (AZW), TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively; HTML, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP through conversion
Kindle Paperwhite user guide pre-installed on device
Additional information in multiple languages available online
Kindle (l x w x d): 16.9cm x 11.7cm x 1cm (6.7" x 4.6" x 0.4")
Weight: 205g

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.510039

Has anyone bought a kindle from them?
How does it compare with buying one from Amazon direct?

I bought the very first Kindle TSV about 2 years ago(think it was, might be 3??), no difference from Amazon came with Amazon packaging. I bought from QVC because of the extras, plug, sturdy leather case with built in light, when I went onto Amazon and priced the extras which you had to buy separately was actually a good deal cheaper than buying direct from Amazon. Yes, I know a total shock! If I can remember the bundle from Amazon would have been a good deal more think the leather case was £20 to buy on its own. You register with Amazon as normal no difference because it was bought from QVC. Same support if you need help etc.

The only time QVC won't mind you mentioning an other retailer, is when you're buying from them. I personally would always opt for Amazon before anyone else, their customer service is outstanding.

Oh I always deal with Amazon direct with anything to do with my Kindle. The most famous buying a book and it did not appear on the Kindle!!!! Contacted Amazon and it was quite simple and something never even thought about. I had changed modem and it was not linked to my Kindle so could not deliver it.

I bought the Amazon fire when it was on offer from Amazon for £35 and I get books on that, plus I've used it when I'm out to shop so for me, that's better value than the TSV, mind you I do like the feel of a "real" book with pages though.

I love my Paperwhite - the screen is matt and much easier to read than a normal tablet.

I'd have confidence buying a Kindle from Q as Amazon CS is brilliant regardless of the supplier - I got my PaperWhite from John Lewis but when I had a software problem Amazon was more than happy to help as they are the manufacturer and developer of the product.

I'd say go ahead and get it if you're interested.

Latest posts

Back