How many more ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Mad Anttony has brought us yet another lorry load of puke inducing print summer trousers.

How many more can we take ? Most of the prints I wouldn't have in the house as dusters, but every fashion range on Q are throwing them at us - almost beating us into submission. Cheap they are not, having been in Sainsburys and seen them for under £15, who would pay Q's prices ? and the supermarket version have pockets, whereas a lot of Q's have none and are far too long.

Strangely you can always tell the 'Brit abroad on holidays', because of the God awful prints; the elegance and chic ladies on sur le Continent stick to their classic plain colours.

I like the clothes that Anttttthony wears himself. There is no way I would buy the offerings he presents on QVC.For example some leggings this afternoon looked like jodhpurs. I have some already of better quality thank you .

He's probably having a clearout and is therefore touting the trash as "fash," in order to make a few quid, buy a few more velvet jackets and maintain his twirly moustache.

I like the clothes that Anttttthony wears himself. There is no way I would buy the offerings he presents on QVC.For example some leggings this afternoon looked like jodhpurs. I have some already of better quality thank you .

Lidl leggings are very good.

Mad Anttony has brought us yet another lorry load of puke inducing print summer trousers.

How many more can we take ? Most of the prints I wouldn't have in the house as dusters, but every fashion range on Q are throwing them at us - almost beating us into submission. Cheap they are not, having been in Sainsburys and seen them for under £15, who would pay Q's prices ? and the supermarket version have pockets, whereas a lot of Q's have none and are far too long.

Strangely you can always tell the 'Brit abroad on holidays', because of the God awful prints; the elegance and chic ladies on sur le Continent stick to their classic plain colours.

Oh dear! I have just bought 3 printed beach dresses from Asda for £8 each!!! Hope I don't look too awful. Mind you I don't really care, I will not pay over the odds for a beach cover up which gets caked in suncream!

He hardly seemed to know anything about his fashions leaving it up to Julia to describe them ,I was thinking well you allegedly designed them shouldn't you have some idea about the sizing and drop at the back of waistcoats and the fabrics. Give Kim and Renee their due they know how the seams and shape are put together.

Oh dear! I have just bought 3 printed beach dresses from Asda for £8 each!!! Hope I don't look too awful. Mind you I don't really care, I will not pay over the odds for a beach cover up which gets caked in suncream!

I think we can get good clothes in expensive shops and good clothes in cheaper places.Obviously in some cases 'you get what you pay for'.However,it has been shown that a high price doesn't always mean high quality.If we find reasonable quality,low price clothes in a supermarket that's great. At least we can examine and perhaps try them on and return with no penalties if they are not suitable.If no one else likes them ............so what?

He hardly seemed to know anything about his fashions leaving it up to Julia to describe them ,I was thinking well you allegedly designed them shouldn't you have some idea about the sizing and drop at the back of waistcoats and the fabrics. Give Kim and Renee their due they know how the seams and shape are put together.

Given the way he dresses himself ,I find his fashions to be rather conformist.I would imagine more outrageous styling and strange combinations of colour.

I wasn't having a 'pop' at dresses w/s, I've also got summer dresses in ditzy prints etc. No, I was having a go at the never ending dark and dull stuff and the style of the summer trousers that all the fashion ranges are throwing at us.

And I totally agree with Turandot, - he's the designer yet he's not very good at knowing whats hanging on the rail in front of him - more concerned about telling us stories of his Mum and his time in France, which we hear time and time again when he comes over.

Given the way he dresses himself ,I find his fashions to be rather conformist.I would imagine more outrageous styling and strange combinations of colour.

That's why I'm sceptical about his designs .They are not at all innovative.I think they come from the mass generic design ware house..
Harold from Pompoos dressed over the top but so were many of his designs .You could see his work in them.

Its the same with all these 'polyester designers', I find it curious that their 'creativity' all go down the same lines - one designer has 'cold shoulder' so they all follow like sheep. Both Rene and Anttony have had the tunics with pleated chiffon backs, then Leonard also had something similar.

I'm wondering if the American 'designers' perhaps just have one major studio where a few bone fide designers come up with mass produceable creations suitable for QVC's audiences around the world, and then the pick'n'mix starts for all the QVC names. I become even more suspicious when the representative from the brands, like the lady from Nina Leonard, for example, have no knowledge of the colours in front of them and look blankly until the presenter gets a cue from her earpiece. And then like Anttony, who just stands and strokes the fabric without going into too much detail, except to say everything is beauuuuutiful, and then goes off on a tangent about his grandmother !!!

Sainsbury's do a super range! In fact, most of the Supermarkets are very good value with some nice clothes at reasonable prices!

I am a huge Debenhams fan and they are a fraction of the cost than QVC and much much more stylish! :mysmilie_852::mysmilie_852::mysmilie_852:

Don't take QVC clothes anywhere hot on holiday. They are sweaty, stick to you and are most uncomfortable. I never wore anything I took with me for more than 10 minutes, I just bought things on the beach instead - for pennies.

CC

Don't take QVC clothes anywhere hot on holiday. They are sweaty, stick to you and are most uncomfortable. I never wore anything I took with me for more than 10 minutes, I just bought things on the beach instead - for pennies.

CC

If you buy cotton, modal, viscose, linen or silk I think these are always less clammy-feeling. I have some cropped trousers from Women With Control, as well as their recent TSV jeans to travel in, and an Artscapes kaftan top and some cropped trousers from Casual & Co... All cotton. QVC do do suitable clothes at reasonable prices - not many, and often not well publicised. I don't understand why they and other retailers persist in characterising polyester as the perfect fabric for hot sunny days or humid evenings. It isn't!! My Q purchases have had compliments and were highly suitable for my very recent holiday. I have combined my Q purchases with items from Debenhams and M&S as well as TK Maxx for holidays this year.

If you buy cotton, modal, viscose, linen or silk I think these are always less clammy-feeling. I have some cropped trousers from Women With Control, as well as their recent TSV jeans to travel in, and an Artscapes kaftan top and some cropped trousers from Casual & Co... All cotton. QVC do do suitable clothes at reasonable prices - not many, and often not well publicised. I don't understand why they and other retailers persist in characterising polyester as the perfect fabric for hot sunny days or humid evenings. It isn't!! My Q purchases have had compliments and were highly suitable for my very recent holiday. I have combined my Q purchases with items from Debenhams and M&S as well as TK Maxx for holidays this year.

I think most of us will agree with you on that. Once the temperature hits 75+ then polyester is the last fabric you grab for, so when those presenters bang on about having 'tropical moments' and publicise loose polyester tops is beyond me. Cotton and light cheesecloth (oh whatever happened to that great fabric from the 70's) is the only way to go in the humid weather.

Latest posts

Back