Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Ideal World announces
    UK Launch of Moppy by Polti

Ideal World is delighted to announce the arrival of Moppy by Polti a brand new cleaning system designed to make your cleaning life easier. Making its UK debut live on Ideal World TV at 10pm on Thursday 22nd June, Moppy will launch for the exclusive price of 99.99 (usual price 129.99) to celebrate its arrival!

With its double clean function as a dust sweeper and also as a hygienic cleaner, Moppy removes dirt and bacteria from all surfaces including floors and vertical surfaces too. Using the hot steam charged cloths, which are easy to remove and wash, Moppy is 99.9% effective at removing 4 main types of bacteria, including E.Coli due to the unique material of the microfiber cloths - making your cleaning routine thorough and quick too.

Lightweight and portable, this cordless floor cleaner has extra manoeuvrability with its 360 degree rotation. Combined with its flat and flexible shape and head, Moppy can reach virtually anywhere! And its ready in ten seconds too for a speedy clean when you need it most.

Read More

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advanced Orders

Post Thanks / Like

Default Advanced Orders

More and more items seem to be coming on air with advanced orders, makes you wonder if they are having cash flow problems and want to get the orders in before they commit to buying the stock.I have been interested in a few items for my holiday and when I click to buy it says advanced order late in June. So annoying so I will buy else ware M&s have 20% off for sparks card holder at the moment take note Q.

› See More: Advanced Orders
      Thanks Lemonpop thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it has become very noticeable the amount that they are doing this, and I completely agree with your summation as to why. I think, however, that it could be a strategy that could backfire, as it gives people the opportunity to change their minds / find the item or an alternative from elsewhere, and cancel. As we all know, Q have many issues / areas in which they need to improve, but I think the tendency to have the same half a dozen products on each of a brand's, say, four shows of their visit is also a big mistake. Surely not even the diehards want to sit and watch four identical shows? If they take away our reasons to tune in, they are eliminating the possibility of us making any additional unplanned purchases.

To be honest, one of the main reasons I've enjoyed Q over the years is for it's comedic value, but it's not even really funny any more. The fact that they keep referencing what's been seen on the catwalk in their fashion shows demonstrates that they are completely deluded about their customer base. As if anyone with an interest in fashion would buy clothes from QVC!! They are obviously aware that they've got an image problem, hence that cringeworthy "If you think you know QVC" campaign, but surely running it on their channel is preaching to the converted? They've been arrogant and complacent, focussed too much on new customers all the time, rather than trying to keep the existing ones happy, and failed to evolve their model / keep up with the competition. Shelling out on known names is investing in the wrong area, if you ask me. I think most customers would much rather they combined postage.

Their whole structure is based around the TSV's, but making them available long before and sometimes after (particularly with auto deliveries) the 24hr period, along with the fact that they are often only slightly more expensive afterwards, has really devalued them. The midnight show is no longer really worth watching since they stopped broadcasting until 2am (although I can see why this might not have been financially viable), as they often spend the first and last 15mins of the hour on the TSV. How can they think that ramming flagging TSV's into unrelated hours will cause viewers to do anything other than switch off? I could go on (and on! There's the web team, the social media team, the extortionate, slow deliveries..) but I think that's a daunting enough block of text for you all to wade through!

Thanks brissles , Sooze thanked for this post

3.    Sewing Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

Minx you're abso
      Thanks Minx In Space thanked for this post
      Likes Lemonpop, boffy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

QVC have finally decided they don't want unsold items(crap)sitting on the 4 football pitch size warehouse unsold for months. Then in clearance sometimes for years and finally having to sell at a loss in their outlets.

So the new brilliant idea from up top is don't order anything until we know how many we need. Which can go Pete Tong as seen with auto delivery of beauty TSVs quite a number of times. Some might get whilst others get letters saying the AD has been cancelled but even then been known to actually turn up. Take the Becca TSV a few months back, AD was there yet no mention on the day of the TSV hence confused customers. BUT, oh yes there a BUT! As Akimbo found out, suddenly the AD she had ordered was being shipped. But wasn't AD cancelled as they did not have enough stock on the day and used it for normal orders. Hope you all had big umbrellas for the flying pigs. QVC then replied when she asked why was she getting the AD which according to QVC they cancelled? They were fulfilling the ADs for those who had ordered them, but let us just not inform the actual customer about this one.

Then of course with advanced orders stuff arrives in before the due date and sent out, then people are up in arms as they are overdrawn from the bank account. Because they go religiously by the date given by QVC. Or has happened money taken and the item not even arrived in the warehouse

DONNA

6.    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

paying all those celebrities to sell stock must be very expensive. i like ideal world more and more a bit like qvc used to be like laid back funny with lots of bloopers. its now a well oiled slick machine

8.    Gemporia

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shopperholic View Post
      Minx you're abso
      Oh my word, message to self don't message so early. that should say you're absolutely right. till nine o'clock tonight, there's only Dick Jackson and Lola Rose, the variety is underwhelming.
      Likes Minx In Space liked this post

10.    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shopperholic View Post
      Oh my word, message to self don't message so early. that should say you're absolutely right. till nine o'clock tonight, there's only Dick Jackson and Lola Rose, the variety is underwhelming.
      I like it! I'm going to adopt it as a short-hand term from now on, if only to see how long before my kids beg me to stop!
      Likes Minx In Space , shopperholic liked this post

12.    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akimbo View Post
      I like it! I'm going to adopt it as a short-hand term from now on, if only to see how long before my kids beg me to stop!

14.    Crafting.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed it too .I was interested in something but on advanced order I thought why bother I will go and look round the shops instead. I think Q will notice a drop in sales. But it also stops people from buying several sizes and returning the ones that don't fit or are not wanted.
      Maybe Q are letting the companies deal direct with orders a bit like Peony.
      Mind you I still haven't been to my local shops which are in Westfield. Must admit the place does my head in, too noisy and crowded unless you go at 10am Monday morning.

Post Thanks / Like

They could cut back on the huge number of presenters for a start. I should imagine the longest serving ones are on good financial contracts with all the perks to match. Many companies survive by having a succession of temps, so Q could do the same. I bet there are lots of 'media studies' students who would give their eye teeth for a chance to get experience in front of the camera, but instead Q seem to hire dancers, novelists and ex dental nurses !

We've said a few times on here that there is an awful lot of nonsensical 'banter' suddenly creeping in to the presentations - perhaps its to 'fill' out the programme as the number of items have been reduced say from a 12 to 10, so padding out the hour with an extra view of the TSV and other promos and hoping us viewers won't notice (no chance).