Advanced Orders

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

miss molly

Registered Shopper
More and more items seem to be coming on air with advanced orders, makes you wonder if they are having cash flow problems and want to get the orders in before they commit to buying the stock.I have been interested in a few items for my holiday and when I click to buy it says advanced order late in June. So annoying so I will buy else ware M&s have 20% off for sparks card holder at the moment take note Q.

Yes, it has become very noticeable the amount that they are doing this, and I completely agree with your summation as to why. I think, however, that it could be a strategy that could backfire, as it gives people the opportunity to change their minds / find the item or an alternative from elsewhere, and cancel. As we all know, Q have many issues / areas in which they need to improve, but I think the tendency to have the same half a dozen products on each of a brand's, say, four shows of their visit is also a big mistake. Surely not even the diehards want to sit and watch four identical shows? If they take away our reasons to tune in, they are eliminating the possibility of us making any additional unplanned purchases.

To be honest, one of the main reasons I've enjoyed Q over the years is for it's comedic value, but it's not even really funny any more. The fact that they keep referencing what's been seen on the catwalk in their fashion shows demonstrates that they are completely deluded about their customer base. As if anyone with an interest in fashion would buy clothes from QVC!! They are obviously aware that they've got an image problem, hence that cringeworthy "If you think you know QVC" campaign, but surely running it on their channel is preaching to the converted? They've been arrogant and complacent, focussed too much on new customers all the time, rather than trying to keep the existing ones happy, and failed to evolve their model / keep up with the competition. Shelling out on known names is investing in the wrong area, if you ask me. I think most customers would much rather they combined postage.

Their whole structure is based around the TSV's, but making them available long before and sometimes after (particularly with auto deliveries) the 24hr period, along with the fact that they are often only slightly more expensive afterwards, has really devalued them. The midnight show is no longer really worth watching since they stopped broadcasting until 2am (although I can see why this might not have been financially viable), as they often spend the first and last 15mins of the hour on the TSV. How can they think that ramming flagging TSV's into unrelated hours will cause viewers to do anything other than switch off? I could go on (and on! There's the web team, the social media team, the extortionate, slow deliveries..) but I think that's a daunting enough block of text for you all to wade through! :whew: :mysmilie_365:

QVC have finally decided they don't want unsold items(crap)sitting on the 4 football pitch size warehouse unsold for months. Then in clearance sometimes for years and finally having to sell at a loss in their outlets.

So the new brilliant idea from up top is don't order anything until we know how many we need. Which can go Pete Tong as seen with auto delivery of beauty TSVs quite a number of times. Some might get whilst others get letters saying the AD has been cancelled but even then been known to actually turn up. Take the Becca TSV a few months back, AD was there yet no mention on the day of the TSV hence confused customers. BUT, oh yes there a BUT! As Akimbo found out, suddenly the AD she had ordered was being shipped. But wasn't AD cancelled as they did not have enough stock on the day and used it for normal orders. Hope you all had big umbrellas for the flying pigs. QVC then replied when she asked why was she getting the AD which according to QVC they cancelled? They were fulfilling the ADs for those who had ordered them, but let us just not inform the actual customer about this one.

Then of course with advanced orders stuff arrives in before the due date and sent out, then people are up in arms as they are overdrawn from the bank account. Because they go religiously by the date given by QVC. Or has happened money taken and the item not even arrived in the warehouse

paying all those celebrities to sell stock must be very expensive. i like ideal world more and more a bit like qvc used to be like laid back funny with lots of bloopers. its now a well oiled slick machine

Oh my word, message to self don't message so early. :mysmilie_17: that should say you're absolutely right. :mysmilie_3: till nine o'clock tonight, there's only Dick Jackson and Lola Rose, the variety is underwhelming.

I like it! I'm going to adopt it as a short-hand term from now on, if only to see how long before my kids beg me to stop! :mysmilie_3:

I noticed it too .I was interested in something but on advanced order I thought why bother I will go and look round the shops instead. I think Q will notice a drop in sales. But it also stops people from buying several sizes and returning the ones that don't fit or are not wanted.
Maybe Q are letting the companies deal direct with orders a bit like Peony.
Mind you I still haven't been to my local shops which are in Westfield. Must admit the place does my head in, too noisy and crowded unless you go at 10am Monday morning.

They could cut back on the huge number of presenters for a start. I should imagine the longest serving ones are on good financial contracts with all the perks to match. Many companies survive by having a succession of temps, so Q could do the same. I bet there are lots of 'media studies' students who would give their eye teeth for a chance to get experience in front of the camera, but instead Q seem to hire dancers, novelists and ex dental nurses !

We've said a few times on here that there is an awful lot of nonsensical 'banter' suddenly creeping in to the presentations - perhaps its to 'fill' out the programme as the number of items have been reduced say from a 12 to 10, so padding out the hour with an extra view of the TSV and other promos and hoping us viewers won't notice (no chance).

More and more items seem to be coming on air with advanced orders, makes you wonder if they are having cash flow problems and want to get the orders in before they commit to buying the stock.I have been interested in a few items for my holiday and when I click to buy it says advanced order late in June. So annoying so I will buy else ware M&s have 20% off for sparks card holder at the moment take note Q.

Yes, today in Marks you could hardly move with people with armfuls and the girls were saying it was quite compared to Thursday.

People want to buy just Q makes it such a pain in the butt and the postage is the biggest put off. Their prices are high anyway but the p and p just pushes it over the edge onthe very few items you might be prepared to give a try.

Sizing in very shop/brand is so inconsistent but at least you can take multiples into the changing room or home, no paying a kings ransom for there and back for each item.

I was not aware that M & S had 20% discount for sparks card holders this weekend. Were you notified by post? I usually get the vouchers but no sign this week. Darn...hubby wants some new gazunders too, and I would like some beauty products.

I got vouchers in the post, but they had to be used online. Then I got an email about 20% holiday clothes in store(well didn't actually read it in full), but photos all summer dresses, hats and swimsuits.

The online one was from Home,Beauty and Clothes.

I got vouchers in the post, but they had to be used online. Then I got an email about 20% holiday clothes in store(well didn't actually read it in full), but photos all summer dresses, hats and swimsuits.

The online one was from Home,Beauty and Clothes.

Oh, thanks for that Donna. Just checked my emails - no sign of 20% one off holiday clothes either. They obviously don't want my money!

Have you checked your Sparks account on line,Anna?
I was able to load the voucher directly onto my Sparks card so didn't a paper voucher.

Yep I logged onto my Marks account and clicked onto the bit at the top for my Sparks card and the offer was there. All I had to do is just click on it.

I am a big M&S shopper but don't know if it's just me but the stuff in their at the moment seems very unappealing, I still would buy underwear in there but their clothes well, I think the designers have lost the plot a bit, it's all either the cold shoulder stuff, or stiff lacey tops with no real shape to them, plus some of it is very expensive for what it is. I used to always be in there and joked I had my own changing room but now I just seem to buy the odd bit of food in there and that's it. I like the beauty range and their own brand is good quality but for clothes I find myself looking elsewhere

Thanks for trying to help Ladies.

I went to my sparks account, but the only offers there are for 20% off chocolate and 20% off fish cakes. I hate fish. Never mind.

I had a look at their dresses, and don't think there is anything there that I like at all. Last winter I bought quite a few of their dresses which I had not done for many years. Looks like it has gone back to me not buying dresses there again. I do like Seasalt, so will have a look there next time I am in Chester.

I couldn't see my discount online even logged on with Sparks, until I logged via the App on my phone and it worked. I haven't placed my order so far but have been keeping an eye on L'occitane Immortelle cleansing oil that gets rave reviews on L'occitane own site.

Latest posts

Back