Liz Earle MBE announces her departure

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

just saw this & thought id post here

http://uk.lizearle.com/liz-earle-mbe

Liz Earle MBE announces her departure from Liz Earle Beauty Co.

“After 22 years of working with the Liz Earle Beauty Co, which I co-founded with good friend Kim Buckland in 1995, the time has come for me to move on and leave the brand I love.

Since the beauty company was first acquired in 2010 by Avon, and then by Walgreens Boots Alliance two years ago, I have had the privilege as Global Brand Ambassador to support the growth of this much-loved beauty brand.

However, the time is now right for me to step down and concentrate on my primary passions of health and wellness, to develop new projects and partnerships, focusing on my quarterly magazine, Liz Earle Wellbeing.

I wish the beauty brand and its wonderful team on the Isle of Wight the very best for the future, and would like to thank customers for their loyal support. It has been an incredible journey. I will be staying connected to the world of beauty and wellbeing with new ventures to come. Stay tuned to Liz Earle Wellbeing for future news.”

Sandeep Verma, Managing Director, Liz Earle Beauty Co comments, “More than two decades ago, Liz Earle co-founded Liz Earle Beauty Co with a revolutionary idea to create products that really work on every skin type by harnessing the potent powers of the finest quality naturally active ingredients.

Liz has pioneered natural beauty and a testament to this is the multi award-winning, beauty icon Cleanse & Polish™ Hot Cloth Cleanser. We are honoured to have had the opportunity to partner with her following the acquisition of Liz Earle Beauty Co and we extend our warmest wishes to her as she steps down from her role as Global Brand Ambassador.

At Liz Earle Beauty Co our philosophy remains the same, we are committed to delivering the same best-in-class beauty products and experiences that our loyal customers have enjoyed since day one.”

So Liz sails off into the sunset with a treasure chest of gold leaving Boots to water down her products for the mass market. Oh but wait, dear Liz! The products still have your name on them! If anything goes wrong there will still be an association with you, whoever the owners may be!

For the past few years she only had to work 28 days a year for the brand. Nice work if you can get it.

The brand was watered down ages ago, the organic ingredients pushed further down the list and cheaper ones at the top.

Now I do still really like the Superskin eye cream and moisturiser.

I still come back to the LE range (got yesterdays TSV by 11:00a.m today) Some products I stick with & others I don't re purchase like any brand.Of course these successful ranges are in time swallowed up by the 'big boys' look at Jo Malone & Bobbi Brown.Nothing stays the same & if you are successful the predictors are waiting & if it enables you to sail into the sunset with a healthy bank balance why not?

IMO cleanse and polish is nowhere near as good as it used to be. Not as thick and the smell is not there.

I thought she had long gone!
Anyway, I'm quite a newcomer to the range. Love the superskin products. Tried the cleanse and polish years back and it didn't agree with my skin. Perhaps the less potent ingredients agree with me or perhaps my skin has changed over the years? Whatever, good luck to Liz - who in the same position wouldn't do the same?!

I used LE right at the beginning but nowadays the C and P just brings me out in spots and the last daily skin repair moisturiser I had just smelled awful, in fact so awful I binned it. I won`t buy the brand these days.

LE always reminds me of cheap products at expensive prices. I've used cleansers for a fraction of the money that leaves my skin healthy, glowing and removes all dirt, you don't have to pay through the nose for it, especially for a so-called "name" who grabs the money and runs.

I could never get on with c&p, instant tonic and the smell of that moisturiser, I did like the Superskin products but had moved on a while ago.

I still come back to the LE range (got yesterdays TSV by 11:00a.m today) Some products I stick with & others I don't re purchase like any brand.Of course these successful ranges are in time swallowed up by the 'big boys' look at Jo Malone & Bobbi Brown.Nothing stays the same & if you are successful the predictors are waiting & if it enables you to sail into the sunset with a healthy bank balance why not?
JoMalone has set up again with a brand new business - Jo Loves: http://www.joloves.com I think she only sold to Estee Lauder because she was undergoing treatment for breast cancer at the time and wanted rid of the stress in her life. Of course, she sold her name, so I'm sure she must regret that, but I think her new stuff is very bit as good as the old.

I used LE right at the beginning but nowadays the C and P just brings me out in spots and the last daily skin repair moisturiser I had just smelled awful, in fact so awful I binned it. I won`t buy the brand these days.

LE always reminds me of cheap products at expensive prices. I've used cleansers for a fraction of the money that leaves my skin healthy, glowing and removes all dirt, you don't have to pay through the nose for it, especially for a so-called "name" who grabs the money and runs.

I think you're spot on there, Shopperholic. I'd faithfully used C&P for some years and was absolutely convinced it was the best thing for my skin, especially in its original formulation. Thanks to this forum, I have finally got my head around the fact it's not all that and certainly not all it used to be and I've stopped using it - it's just not worth (a fraction of) the money it costs.

Vienna, totally agree re the skin repair - the last one I had (which was in date and had only then been unsealed) smelled utterly rancid so I had to throw it away, yuk.

JoMalone has set up again with a brand new business - Jo Loves: http://www.joloves.com I think she only sold to Estee Lauder because she was undergoing treatment for breast cancer at the time and wanted rid of the stress in her life. Of course, she sold her name, so I'm sure she must regret that, but I think her new stuff is very bit as good as the old.

She had already sold part of the company to Estee Lauder then when she developed breast cancer sold the whole company to them. Of course they had a non compete in the contract so she could not open a new company for I think it was 5 years(might have been longer?), hence Jo Loves only opening a few years back. I always find it interesting when people rave about Jo Malone when the stuff they love is actually from Estee Lauder. In fact EL discontinued quite a few of perfumes Jo created.

I am lucky enough to visit Lithuania frequently hence can easily get hold of this skin tonic which is every bit as good as Lizzie's. I know 'cos I've used both. The only thing is is comes in a 150ml bottle and this time I didn't book in any checked luggage so I'm going to hope that they don't notice the slightly larger bottle going through at the airport!

http://www.biok.lt/margarita/veido-prieziura/gaivinamasis-tonikas

Here there are so many really excellent skin and healthcare products.

I remember the change from the white and pink packaging to the current and I actually sent a fax (remember those days) stating I felt the product consistency had changed significantly and not for the better, I used order the TSV sight unseen when I was away from home where there wasn't a telly. Now, I look in passing and I use other brands of cleanser, currently using Soap and Glory, which I really quite like, I love N'Spa, which I look out for in Asda, when it is on offer.

I heard that Superdrug do an equivalent of Cleanse & Polish. I'd like to give that a try but couldn't find it when I went in there. I was in the one in Oxford Street and it was just packed full of people. Usually I go to the one in Queensway or Muswell Hill.

I heard that Superdrug do an equivalent of Cleanse & Polish. I'd like to give that a try but couldn't find it when I went in there. I was in the one in Oxford Street and it was just packed full of people. Usually I go to the one in Queensway or Muswell Hill.

They do two hot cloth cleansers, Julius. It was highly recommended on here a month or two ago and was on offer so I stocked up. Funnily enough, I had to ask where it was because I couldn't find it in my local Superdrug either.

http://www.superdrug.com/Skincare/Superdrug-Naturally-Radiant-Hot-Cloth-Cleanser-150ml/p/516251

http://www.superdrug.com/Skin/Face/Face-Wipes/Superdrug-Vitamin-E-Hot-Cloth-Cleanser-200ml/p/282702

I still use Cleanse & Polish and can't say I've noticed a change (mind you, I'm probably using up ancient bottles which are still an earlier formulation, knowing me!). I have not yet found a better "toner" than Instant Boost. But I have to agree with posters above regarding the smell of Skin Repair. I had one which smelt like something in a plastic bottle/tube which had been left in the sun. Very odd.

They do two hot cloth cleansers, Julius. It was highly recommended on here a month or two ago and was on offer so I stocked up. Funnily enough, I had to ask where it was because I couldn't find it in my local Superdrug either.

http://www.superdrug.com/Skincare/Superdrug-Naturally-Radiant-Hot-Cloth-Cleanser-150ml/p/516251

http://www.superdrug.com/Skin/Face/Face-Wipes/Superdrug-Vitamin-E-Hot-Cloth-Cleanser-200ml/p/282702

Excellent. Thanks, Andi. Now I know what I'm looking for. I will go to the one near where I live and if I can't find it I will ask them for help.

Latest posts

Back