Liz Earle MBE announces her departure

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That's what I really like about this forum. People are super helpful with their insights and recommendations. I'm going to try the Superdrug cleanser when I return back to England - which is sadly tomorrow :( . Wish holiday would never end. I've become quite used to strolling along the beach, feeling the sun on my shoulders, breathing in the pine-infused air, pottering around in my hired Honda Civic, getting up when I want to, just sitting around doing nothing if I want to. No telephones. Nobody screeching at me. It's been lovely. Today I went to the Palanga Amber Museum. The surrounding park is breathtakingly beautiful and calm.

I totally agree with you on this. It is nowhere near as rich and is not a good consistency to massage now!
Yes the one I am using, was a Christmas present, is rubbish it has as the consistency of milk, it just disappears straight away.

the skin repair has sandalwood in it for the life of me i can't think why. can't stand this moisturiser. love the eyebright though and the original body wash. the shampoo is dreadful and so is the conditioner.

I followed the first link on Superdrug and someone is actually comparing it to c&p saying that the Superdrug one is better.

the skin repair has sandalwood in it for the life of me i can't think why. can't stand this moisturiser. love the eyebright though and the original body wash. the shampoo is dreadful and so is the conditioner.
I heard that sandalwood is one of the skin rejuvenating essential oils.

I heard that sandalwood is one of the skin rejuvenating essential oils.

according to paula od pails choice its not good for sensitive skinhttp://www.paulaschoice.com/cosmetic-ingredient-dictionary/definition/sandalwood-oil

but other people who work with essential oils love it oh well

I was told my the SA it was the Eucalyptus, which would be anointing my rosacea in the C&P. I know I cannot use rose in any skin care for the face.

I was given a £70 rose oil from By Terry, actually using it on my neck. Yes, at one point I was going to give away then thought, no try on your neck. All fine so far. For ages I loved and used Elemis Eye Mask then started to noticed afterwards my under eye was red and felt sore. Then actually read the ingredients and there was rose, stopped using and never again.

I was told my the SA it was the Eucalyptus, which would be anointing my rosacea in the C&P. I know I cannot use rose in any skin care for the face.

I was given a £70 rose oil from By Terry, actually using it on my neck. Yes, at one point I was going to give away then thought, no try on your neck. All fine so far. For ages I loved and used Elemis Eye Mask then started to noticed afterwards my under eye was red and felt sore. Then actually read the ingredients and there was rose, stopped using and never again.

Rose is quite well known for causing "ROSEacea" (pun intended). I think rose is fiendishly expensive and often not particularly pure as 'tis oft in some kind of solvent / diluent base.

I'm quite fortunate with essential oils but don't get on well with SLS in anything. I also cannot use Ariel washing powder / liquid which brings me out in the most terrible rash.

I decided to have a nose at the Liz Earle Facebook page to see how the fans reacted. Strangely many posts about C&P and no longer being able to use in any longer, breaks them out or causes irritation now.

Strange how so many never knew that LE sold the company back in 2010 to Avon and they sold on to Boots/Walgreens a few years later. It was all now Liz is going will the products be watered down? That is when people said the company already sold long ago.

I followed the first link on Superdrug and someone is actually comparing it to c&p saying that the Superdrug one is better.
I don't think that the Superdrug one (I only know the Vitamin E Cleanser) is better than the C&P. After all, it depends on evetyone's own experiences with cleansers like that and there are so many calling themselves Hot Cloth Cleanser out there. I said that somewhere on here before, I like No 7's Melting Gel Cleanser very much, but also their Hot Cloth Cleanser, their Cleansing Oil, their Balm (although that's really a cream, not a cleansing balm), the Soap & Glory Ultimelt is said to have veeeeeery similar ingredients compared to C&P, Superdrug's Vitamin E Cleanser is good, as is the one from Elemis (Pro Collagen), not to forget Emma Hardie, etc.pp. But in the end, every cleanser can be made a hot cloth one when taken off with a hot flannel / cloth.:)

I only have one 200ml C&P left from the last but one Superskin TSV, and up to now, I have never experienced a bad reaction from my skin when using C&P, but on the other hand, there was no groundbreaking effect on the positive side, either. For me, it is just a good cleanser that does its job.

many years ago i could actually get away with cleanse and polish. then i bought it a few years later in a tsv and had a terrible reaction. so no more cleanse and polish but i stay away from plant stuff now. like the alpha h wash and the Perricone neuropeptide in my opinion the best cleanser ever. but i do like Perricone my skin always looks fab when i use it

I don't think that the Superdrug one (I only know the Vitamin E Cleanser) is better than the C&P. After all, it depends on evetyone's own experiences with cleansers like that and there are so many calling themselves Hot Cloth Cleanser out there. I said that somewhere on here before, I like No 7's Melting Gel Cleanser very much, but also their Hot Cloth Cleanser, their Cleansing Oil, their Balm (although that's really a cream, not a cleansing balm), the Soap & Glory Ultimelt is said to have veeeeeery similar ingredients compared to C&P, Superdrug's Vitamin E Cleanser is good, as is the one from Elemis (Pro Collagen), not to forget Emma Hardie, etc.pp. But in the end, every cleanser can be made a hot cloth one when taken off with a hot flannel / cloth.:)

I only have one 200ml C&P left from the last but one Superskin TSV, and up to now, I have never experienced a bad reaction from my skin when using C&P, but on the other hand, there was no groundbreaking effect on the positive side, either. For me, it is just a good cleanser that does its job.

Very true Ani and I've been doing that for a few years now with any cleansing milks I end up with - hate putting them on/taking them off with cotton wool pads, so messy. As for C&P, I agree and it's a perfectly good cleanser on my skin, I just resent how much it costs me when I can get something equally good for less than half the price - I think Liz Earle is going the way of the Body Shop and pricing itself out of its original market.

Very true Ani and I've been doing that for a few years now with any cleansing milks I end up with - hate putting them on/taking them off with cotton wool pads, so messy. As for C&P, I agree and it's a perfectly good cleanser on my skin, I just resent how much it costs me when I can get something equally good for less than half the price - I think Liz Earle is going the way of the Body Shop and pricing itself out of its original market.

Same here. Sometimes I use a Liz Earle muslin, sometimes an SBC shammy, though the texture is obviously not the same. I HATE using cotton wool or pads - it's messy, takes ages and I end up using loads for each cleanse because they are not very effective so they keep coming away orange/brown from your makeup.

many years ago i could actually get away with cleanse and polish. then i bought it a few years later in a tsv and had a terrible reaction. so no more cleanse and polish but i stay away from plant stuff now. like the alpha h wash and the Perricone neuropeptide in my opinion the best cleanser ever. but i do like Perricone my skin always looks fab when i use it

Still don't know the Neuropeptide Cleanser, but the Alpha-H Balancing Cleanser is great.:) :) :)

Latest posts

Back