Another Stupid Remark...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
In the Amanda Holden promo, she comes out with the most stupid remark......

"I shop for absolutely everything"

well, I know she probably gets loads of 'stuff' given, but how else would you acquire things unless you shopped ! BSW.

well, I know she probably gets loads of 'stuff' given, but how else would you acquire things unless you shopped ! BSW.

It's funny that clip isn't it, almost as funny as when she implies (on the other advert) that everyone knows who she is. How disingenuous and fake as Father Christmas (sorry any kiddies reading) is she at the end where she say "if you think you know QVC...blah...blah...blah".

she bought two plastic flamencos and forgotten until they turned up...i think she was implying thats what qvc customers do

Didn't Julian Ballantyne present plastic flamingos on QVC years back, barely hiding his contempt for the item?

Blimey even by QVC standards that's a very slow delivery window, no wonder she forgot she ordered them!

Plastic flamingos ! Yeah right .

I'd like to know what the deal is with these celeb " ambassadors " because I don't hear them chatting about QVC in their interviews.

Ruth is plastered all over the website as their ambassador, but I thought ambassadors went out into the world and sold the brand not just hook in more z list celebs.

This round of 'celebs' is disgusting me, I wish Q would stop - yeah right, they say they buy from QVC and think it's wonderful, and tell the rest of us 'if you think you know QVC, maybe you should think again' - who the hell do they think we are - mindless, idiots.

None of the recent celeb's have to worry about money, they are given freebies almost on a weekly basis - if not daily, they have a cheek!

Were have these slebs been the past 23 years, shopping down Bond Street and going to London Fashion Week no doubt. Until I see RL or AH or any other QVC "ambassador" wearing Quacker Factory or mentioning QVC in interviews, I certainly won't be convinced they've ever shopped on QVC, and even if they did, it's a guaranteed fact they'll have been paid to do so.

AH and RL wouldn't be seen dead in Quacker Factory ! although Ronni Nicole is probably short enough for Ambitious Holden to show off her legs.

I just had a look at the amanda holden range on q for the first time this evening - my first thoughts, call me old fashioned, right off the top of my head were 'you're having a laugh surely' i can't believe the tat not a single item would enter my home from that range.

I wonder how much production costs were involved in producing 2 sets of mugs that are hardly designed challenged - stripes with a gold handle; but then, there are always some gullibles that will lap up the range. Like the person on the Reviews who said they feel 'like royalty' drinking out of them. Honest to God what have we descended to, when a bog standard coffee mug makes you feel like that !!!!

Now I know that John Barrowman isn't everyone's cup of tea but he was a genuine QVC customer & I found it quite funny when he used to wax lyrical about Northern Nights & Lock n Lock. He was on a show once with Jill & could have done the whole hour talking about feather beds! He even showed his QVC membership card on air & it was quite obvious he used the products. No celebrity is ever going to make me want to call Q Cut but it was refreshing to see a "celebrity" talking about his QVC products rather than these so called "Ambassadors" who have probably never heard of the brands .

Chuntley was flogging OPI yesterday and going on about seeing into salon windows* and them using blades of questionable cleanliness for pedicures! I can't wait for her to be on with Ms Dabbs, though her goldfish brain maybe won't retain what she'd said! :taphead:

* I've never seen someone having their corns scraped in a shop window; maybe that's a fancy London thing! :mysmilie_17:

AH is so talentless she can't even read her lines properly "if you think you know QVC...........yeh don't..........yeh need to think again" ah so for the people out there who think QVC are ok, yeh need to think again......hey don't shoot the messenger, Amanda's words, she said it. :mysmilie_15:

It is a very odd remark - maybe she thinks we are all shoplifters and burglars and that we just help ourselves as and when we need something?

Amanda Holden does get on my nerves; I think it's hilarious how her face keeps changing but I didn't mind her in the TV series "Wild at Heart." I won't be tuning in to her shows on QVC though in fact I do switch over now if I dislike the presenter because it causes a domestic when I keep muttering under my breath & shouting obscenities at the screen!

Chuntley was flogging OPI yesterday and going on about seeing into salon windows* and them using blades of questionable cleanliness for pedicures! I can't wait for her to be on with Ms Dabbs, though her goldfish brain maybe won't retain what she'd said! :taphead:

* I've never seen someone having their corns scraped in a shop window; maybe that's a fancy London thing! :mysmilie_17:

How strange, is that the Catherine Huntley who never shops on the high street? Funny how she's walked past a salon window on a high street and noticed the OPI, eh!

Two lies in one! :mysmilie_17:

she bought two plastic flamencos and forgotten until they turned up...i think she was implying thats what qvc customers do

Stupid Promo, it implies that's what we all do when shopping!
Sorry, but I know exactly what I buy as I don't have the luxury of throwing money down the toilet for plastic tit tat crap! :mysmilie_466::mysmilie_867:

Stupid Promo, it implies that's what we all do when shopping!
Sorry, but I know exactly what I buy as I don't have the luxury of throwing money down the toilet for plastic tit tat crap! :mysmilie_466::mysmilie_867:

Forget that you have ordered something until it arrives and then exclaim"Oh what a wonderful surprise .I wasn't expecting to get these plastic flamingos".
No in the real world we all know exactly what we spend. What exact purpose do plastic flamingos serve as they seem a waste of money to me.The snow globe is £20 for what amounts to a kids' toy with instructions to keep away from children!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back