Another Stupid Remark...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AH is so talentless she can't even read her lines properly "if you think you know QVC...........yeh don't..........yeh need to think again" ah so for the people out there who think QVC are ok, yeh need to think again......hey don't shoot the messenger, Amanda's words, she said it. :mysmilie_15:

That AH Promo is soooo annoying and I have to switch over or leave the room! False, False, False.........................:mysmilie_1:

That AH Promo is soooo annoying and I have to switch over or leave the room! False, False, False.........................:mysmilie_1:

Yes it is, it's as false as Chuntley and Princess Jackies extensions. :mysmilie_17: I don't know why they do all that talk off camera thing, where we are supposed to be listening in to their private conversation when we all know, they're absolutely full of crap.

Yes it is, it's as false as Chuntley and Princess Jackies extensions. :mysmilie_17: I don't know why they do all that talk off camera thing, where we are supposed to be listening in to their private conversation when we all know, they're absolutely full of crap.

I find that"fake talking" thing that they do quite amusing. Betraying a certain insecurity, it's quite hilarious and was brilliantly sent up by French & Saunders. I even started a thread on it once and people were very much divided as to whether or not presenters should do it. I would rather they just sat calmly until the red light comes on. David Dickinson used to do it quite a lot when ENDING a "piece to camera." He'd stroll off with someone and say something like: "Well how about that half pint of Guinness?" Just so FAKE! What do they take us for??? Eh?

I had a look through at that Bumble Berry (or whatever it's called) this afternoon, and I seriously thought to myself, how patronizing, do I really believe that Amanda Holden has that crap in her own home - not a bit of it, but she fronts it for us. I find it so annoying, and blood boiling - who do these people think they are, and more importantly, who do they think we are!!

Someone on the Facebook QVC page complaining about the AH ad. Of course the Q Groupies rush in saying, she is just like us shopping for everything. Others saying well she has the money so can shop all she wants, many need to watch their budgets.

I find that"fake talking" thing that they do quite amusing. Betraying a certain insecurity, it's quite hilarious and was brilliantly sent up by French & Saunders. I even started a thread on it once and people were very much divided as to whether or not presenters should do it. I would rather they just sat calmly until the red light comes on. David Dickinson used to do it quite a lot when ENDING a "piece to camera." He'd stroll off with someone and say something like: "Well how about that half pint of Guinness?" Just so FAKE! What do they take us for??? Eh?

Yes that is funny, but I was meaning more like when they do those commercials were they talk off camera and they're set up to make it look like we're over hearing a private conversation only to find out, shock horror, that they like the shopping channel they're selling their wares on, what are the odds :mysmilie_17:

....Of course the Q Groupies rush in saying, she is just like us shopping for everything. .....

If one sentence 'gets my goat' its DOWN TO EARTH . You hear it everywhere, the columnists use it, and teens love it when describing their pop stars. What a load of cobblers, er, no, AH and all those faux tv presenters i.e. Holly W, Davina, Lorraine et al live where they have make up artists/hairdressers/stylists to deal with them, and of course THEY'RE ON THE TELE - which is the holy grail and be all for those whose lives evolve around celebrity. AH go shopping ???? does the weekly shop in Lidl does she ? I rest my case.

....Of course the Q Groupies rush in saying, she is just like us shopping for everything. .....

If one sentence 'gets my goat' its DOWN TO EARTH . You hear it everywhere, the columnists use it, and teens love it when describing their pop stars. What a load of cobblers, er, no, AH and all those faux tv presenters i.e. Holly W, Davina, Lorraine et al live where they have make up artists/hairdressers/stylists to deal with them, and of course THEY'RE ON THE TELE - which is the holy grail and be all for those whose lives evolve around celebrity. AH go shopping ???? does the weekly shop in Lidl does she ? I rest my case.

The sad thing is that a lot of teens aspire to be like them. You only need to see the endless crap of reality shows on TV, sorry if anyone likes the programmes.

If one sentence 'gets my goat' its DOWN TO EARTH . You hear it everywhere, the columnists use it, and teens love it when describing their pop stars. What a load of cobblers, er, no, AH and all those faux tv presenters i.e. Holly W, Davina, Lorraine et al live where they have make up artists/hairdressers/stylists to deal with them, and of course THEY'RE ON THE TELE - which is the holy grail and be all for those whose lives evolve around celebrity. AH go shopping ???? does the weekly shop in Lidl does she ? I

Last edited:
It's the old "do as I say, not as I do" syndrome - Q 'celebs' have a lot in common with politicians! I would love to be a fly on the wall and know what these slebs really think about Q products, even if they could be bothered to actually look at them, and I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing that champion of self-promotion, Amanda Holden, wearing anything from Q on the red carpet anytime soon. For a start, they don't expose enough.

Were have these slebs been the past 23 years, shopping down Bond Street and going to London Fashion Week no doubt. Until I see RL or AH or any other QVC "ambassador" wearing Quacker Factory or mentioning QVC in interviews, I certainly won't be convinced they've ever shopped on QVC, and even if they did, it's a guaranteed fact they'll have been paid to do so.

It's the old "do as I say, not as I do" syndrome - Q 'celebs' have a lot in common with politicians! I would love to be a fly on the wall and know what these slebs really think about Q products, even if they could be bothered to actually look at them, and I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing that champion of self-promotion, Amanda Holden, wearing anything from Q on the red carpet anytime soon. For a start, they don't expose enough.

I agree, Amanda Holden was probably over the moon getting another paid gig because like she says, it's only took her almost twenty four years to bother with QVC, she put it as "she's new to QVC" but it's the same difference.

"new to QVC" - you've got to love it, haven't you? Methinks that might be their way of saying "I think their stuff's carp, but then they offered to PAY me!" Oh, how cynical am I! They really do treat people as though they are morons incapable of thinking, don't they - another thing they've got in common with politicians.... Personally, I find all this sleb promotion of things gut-wrenchingly embarrassing, especially as the cost of paying these (often) talentless people is of course passed on to the customers, who already pay well over the odds for the postage & packing.

I agree, Amanda Holden was probably over the moon getting another paid gig because like she says, it's only took her almost twenty four years to bother with QVC, she put it as "she's new to QVC" but it's the same difference.

"new to QVC" - you've got to love it, haven't you? Methinks that might be their way of saying "I think their stuff's carp, but then they offered to PAY me!" Oh, how cynical am I! They really do treat people as though they are morons incapable of thinking, don't they - another thing they've got in common with politicians.... Personally, I find all this sleb promotion of things gut-wrenchingly embarrassing, especially as the cost of paying these (often) talentless people is of course passed on to the customers, who already pay well over the odds for the postage & packing.

I'm the same H, I'd never be swayed by the raving "endorsements" of a paid Z lister to buy a product.

Latest posts

Back