Quick returns via Hermes question

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

alter ego

Registered Shopper
Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but Hermes is mentioned in so many posts that a search is a bit too time-consuming right now.

How do I return via Hermes? I have a larger item that I can't carry to the PO. I also have a very small item that would probably cost a lot less than £3.99 to post.

Can I send both from home for £3.99 or is that price per item?

Many thanks.

If you can wangle QVC initiating the collection (if the item is faulty for example*) my courier will let me piggy back other Q returns with that collection. It keeps the items separately wrapped to keep QVC happy. If I've booked the return via the link to Hermes on the Q website then he's not going to get paid for the other packages. (I think that's the reason - maybe Hermes won't get paid for the extras so that reflects badly on him?

Here's the link from Q's site to Hermes - HERE
* If the parcel is heavy ring customer services at QVC and ask for a collection; if they suggest you book the collection yourself explain that you don't have access to the internet - you never know :mysmilie_59:

Thanks, Akimbo. Not faulty, just a bit shoddy.

Well, shoddy isn't the word, but my brain isn't working at the mo. They're Peony orchids that I ordered after my OH's mum had fancied after seeing mine. Trouble is, mine are a few years old and really lovely, very realistic. These, however, look and feel like cheap knock-offs - which is exactly what she'll think I've bought for her (we're not exactly fans of each other). She has banged on about mine every time she's seen them for years and has a big birthday coming up.

I'm so disappointed in the quality of these. The petals are fraying coming out of the box! Also gutted as I have to look for something else now. Bit of a bummer as OH actually suggested I get them, and he doesn't usually chime in on anything pressie-wise for people. I could tell him to point out to his mother that HE bought them, but she'll still come down and compare them and think I've bought her a cheapie :mysmilie_516:. I'm so not in the mood for her sniping about it. Sigh.

Thanks again.

Peony returns present their own problems as they're supposed to go back to Peony (C/O the Ruckley Council Estate :mysmilie_19: ). I'd ring CS and ask for a collection, tell them you can't take them to a post office and don't have the interweb to book a Hermes return, but make it clear the quality is poor compared with your earlier purchase and leave the ball in their court. I'd suggest emailing as I tend to get a better response than on the phone, but that kind of blows your no interweb story out of the water! :mysmilie_59: Sadly you won't be able to piggy back other rethurns if the Peony item goes back to Peony and not back to Knowsley.

Ah. I didn't know that. I'll ring them and ask what I do.

I use two crutches (and not very well!) so there's no way I could get a large box down to the PO.

I'll have a moan about the quality while I'm at it. I honestly couldn't believe they've change the texture of the petals to a material that frays! A quick dust and they'll be in shreds - and my sort-of-MIL doesn't do "quick" dusting. I know it wouldn't hold up for long in her house.

Thanks yet again for your help.

I hope they do the right thing AE, I doubt there's a returning scenario I haven't faced with QVC over the years, they just need guiding towards the right outcome bless 'em! It's our job too help them reach it for themselves :mysmilie_59: and think they deserve the customer service accolades they think they deserve. We're actually doing them a favour!

Akimbo, I hope you see this. I want to thank you for the recommendation of the foot file. I bought it from Amazon from your link and I've got to say it's absolutely amazing! and the best price. It got rid of all the dead skin from my heels on the first go so my heels look great now, so much so I've bought another one to put away, so again, :mysmilie_3: :mysmilie_508:

Glad it works for you! I even inspired myself to get my feet sandal-worthy and no Emus were sacrificed in the process! tho my cats gave me a weird stare!

Akimbo, I hope you see this. I want to thank you for the recommendation of the foot file. I bought it from Amazon from your link and I've got to say it's absolutely amazing! and the best price. It got rid of all the dead skin from my heels on the first go so my heels look great now, so much so I've bought another one to put away, so again, :mysmilie_3: :mysmilie_508:

Oh, yes! I found it, too! I've been using mine since before they came over here and it's still quite sharp, but at that price I HAD to get another. My original only cost me $15 - so finding another at such a bargain price was my lucky day.

Thanks so much for your help with my returns query - and posting the Microplane details (not to mention all the other posts I've had advice and info from you over the years!).

Glad it works for you! I even inspired myself to get my feet sandal-worthy and no Emus were sacrificed in the process! tho my cats gave me a weird stare!

My dog used to sit under my feet and try to catch any dust with his tongue :mysmilie_48:

Me again!

Okay, rang QVC, told them I was disappointed at the quality and that the petals (in no way "real touch" as mentioned on screen!) were starting to fray. Was told they'd refund the cost of the P&P but I'd have to return direct to Ruckley, then send them the proof of postage. They'd then look into it and refund me.
Does this mean they should refund the original postage to me , too, as well as the return?

Another problem - if I use a courier I'd have to print a label. I don't have a printer. Take it to the library said the nice Q chap. Ah. Our library closed years ago. The nearest to me is 18 miles away! Oh, use a friend's printer - again, easier said than done as my closest friend with a working printer is 20 miles away.

Looks like I'm getting someone to hump it to the PO for me. Sigh...

ETA: Just watched a taped Summer Peony program from this afternoon and they're showing how "real" the petals are :mysmilie_51:

Me again!

Okay, rang QVC, told them I was disappointed at the quality and that the petals (in no way "real touch" as mentioned on screen!) were starting to fray. Was told they'd refund the cost of the P&P but I'd have to return direct to Ruckley, then send them the proof of postage. They'd then look into it and refund me.
Does this mean they should refund the original postage to me , too, as well as the return?

Another problem - if I use a courier I'd have to print a label. I don't have a printer. Take it to the library said the nice Q chap. Ah. Our library closed years ago. The nearest to me is 18 miles away! Oh, use a friend's printer - again, easier said than done as my closest friend with a working printer is 20 miles away.

Looks like I'm getting someone to hump it to the PO for me. Sigh...

ETA: Just watched a taped Summer Peony program from this afternoon and they're showing how "real" the petals are :mysmilie_51:

Alter-ego - can't vouch for this myself, but by all accounts people seem to get far better service phoning Peony direct who actually value customers, so no guarantee but worth a shot!

Alter-ego - can't vouch for this myself, but by all accounts people seem to get far better service phoning Peony direct who actually value customers, so no guarantee but worth a shot!

Thanks, Tarketta. I'll give them a try in the morning.

Oh dear alter ego, what a nightmare. There should be provisions in place for people who don't have printers, I'd bet there are more people who don't have one than those who do (printer ink is more expensive than gold, afterall!)

I wanted to return an Amazon item but they like you to print labels off too - so I emailed and said I had no printer and didn't see why I should get a lesser service because of it etc etc. Anyway, within minutes they emailed straight back and had arranged DPD to collect it in person from my home the next day. Easy peasy. Now that is good customer service. Asking someone if they can borrow their friends printer, or go to a library, is ridiculous.

Alter ego, what a horror story. I can't believe they don't have procedures for people who don't have printers. I mean not every customer buys online do they? I once had a furious row with a firm in the US (it was to do with some almost worthless shares I own) who insisted I sign some document and scan it back to them. Well I may have a printer but I have absolutely no idea how the scanning feature works..... it hasn't so far! When I insisted on using the mail or them sending a courier, they went bonkers. Why can't Q print off some labels for you? If you are returning them because the petals are fraying, that isn't under the 30day MBG that is because they have sent you an inferior product so they should arrange the collection shouldn't they?

Here's my last offer for CS to redeem themselves: QVC can give you the Peony address to write on the box (no Hermes label required) and arrange collection. Hermes will give you a tracking barcode on a receipt and they stick a similar barcode on the box. Parcel arrives at Peony and you get your refund! When Q request a return there's no Hermes-specific label you just stick on the invoice return label or write it on the box. So I still think they should arrange a collection, not that my opinion makes any difference if they won't entertain the idea! If you followed the link from Q's website to Hermes you'd find the address and postcode is already set to QVC Knowsley, but they must have thousands of buyers without computers or printers.

Maybe send an email saying your item didn't match the superlatives used on air i.e. "not as described" outlining the above and ask if they'll also refund your taxi fare to the PO! I though QVC would collect an item that's bulky or over a certain weight. It shouldn't make any difference if the item was sent direct from the manufacturer, your contract is with them. If you can be @rsed to email, copy it the [email protected] (if he's still CEO), although he doesn't seem to get involved.

Maybe shame them on facebook?

Latest posts

Back