What do people think of the Aryonna range?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AndyW

Registered Shopper
New to Forum but not new to Gems (just recently very concerned!).

The Aryonna range replaced Tookalon. I loved Tookalon and many female friends have lovely pieces. I think Steve said it was too expensive to make. Trouble is the Aryonna style is available direct from gem houses in India. You can see how it's made. All bezel or claw set & then made into rings, pendants etc. No real design or elegance - in my view. Pendants are great but rings are a bit bulky and the band is just soldered on as an afterthought?

No shouting, just asking :mysmilie_59:

Hello AndyW. Welcome to the forum. I haven't seen the Aryonna range so cannot comment at the moment.

Every time I switch on I am being shouted at, and so quickly switch off again. I do prefer delicate rings rather than 'statement pieces'. I bought a padparadsha (not sure if I spelt that right) ring a few years ago which was a large design. For some reason I lost control of my senses and kept it. I never wear it as I just don't like it.

Hi Andy W. I am not impressed with Aryonna, although I do have one piece (a silver ring, with a pink Australian opal in it, which I like and do wear quite often, but the quality isn't there). I agree with you about Tookalon - and don't think there is any substitute for it. The quality - and quantity of silver in the pieces - was excellent and I have a couple of pendants and a ring from years back that I've worn and worn and never needed to clean the silver, all of which is fully hallmarked because of the quantity of silver in the pieces. I don't think the current quality of Gems jewellery per se is anywhere near as good as it was five years ago. The gold bands have got thinner and thinner, and the prices have skyrocketed over the past couple of years. To be honest, I now buy virtually nothing from Gems: it's not only about the decrease in quality and rocketing prices, it's because I just cannot watch the shows - the current cohort of presenters are too shouty and pushy, all the good presenters have left (and that speaks volumes, IMO). Aryonna wouldn't get my recommendation.

New to Forum but not new to Gems (just recently very concerned!).

The Aryonna range replaced Tookalon. I loved Tookalon and many female friends have lovely pieces. I think Steve said it was too expensive to make. Trouble is the Aryonna style is available direct from gem houses in India. You can see how it's made. All bezel or claw set & then made into rings, pendants etc. No real design or elegance - in my view. Pendants are great but rings are a bit bulky and the band is just soldered on as an afterthought?

No shouting, just asking :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back